• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with shoulder surgery, should be back home 2 hours before the presentation. Can now officially board the hype train! 😀
Scoped? Or worse? Likely heading that way myself

And no Inspecta Deck, fellow hip hop head, fellow late shifter, gotcha covered. I understand not being able to see stuff like this as it happens but still wanting that experience

...and I don't even like wu tang

I'm going to go ahead and repost my first and second party 2017 predictions.

Launch
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

April
Mario Kart

May
Mario Sports Superstars

June
Super Smash Bros.

July
Super Mario Maker

August
Pikmin
Xenoblade Chronicles X

September
Mario (RPG)

October
Monster Hunter XX
Pokémon Stars

November
Mario (3D Platformer)

December
Animal Crossing
Pokkén Tournament

I never considered they might port Yoshi and poochy.

The idea that they need to rebuild Mario kart every time is absurd. By the leaks the new content is on par with a lot of yearly franchises

NimbusD

Crazy looking back on just all those rumors and speculation over the last two years or so. All will finally be revealed tomorrow.

Remember this shit?
Nintendo-NX-Controller-Leak-2.jpg

Here's your spoiler free topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME <-- Press me to watch Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

And yes, before you ask, yes, the link will stay the same and will contain the replay of the stream.

Isn't this a better spoiler-free link?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuC4YLLkqME

It was offered by someone many pages ago. And it doesn't show related videos, so you don't need to worry about the highly likely spoilers that'll show up there.

Just make sure you open it in a browser, if on mobile.

jariw

I'm going to go ahead and repost my first and second party 2017 predictions.

Launch
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World

A Wii U game, that is soon to be released in a non-multiplayer 3DS port, to get a Switch release just a month after that port?

Wouldn't be surprised if Mario Kart 8's enhanced port featured 16 brand new tracks alongside the DLC from 8 as the game's main cups, with the original 32 tracks from 8 being unlockable ala Super Circuit's SNES stages. With the improved battle mode and new characters they could probably get away with removing the 8 from the name at that point and give it a subtitle or something.

You've played it then, Broken Hope?

Sounds like there's going to be A LOT of new content from Emily's recent post.

What source do you have that says it will have the U DLC only?

That's not what I meant, the DLC packs didn't make the Wii U version a new game and neither will extra tracks and characters for the Switch version of MK8.

JoeM86

I'm really doubting Pokémon being at this event.

Main series Pokémon is out the window. It has been less than 2 months since Sun & Moon and revealing that at the moment would damage sales. We'll probably see that in May/June

It's a shame.

That said, we might see Virtual Console and spin-offs

marmoka

Banned
I'm really scared of seeing nothing but Wii U ports in this event. Ports ports ports! I need new games, and third party ports.

Hybrid897

Scoped? Or worse? Likely heading that way myself

And no Inspecta Deck, fellow hip hop head, fellow late shifter, gotcha covered. I understand not being able to see stuff like this as it happens but still wanting that experience

...and I don't even like wu tang

Yeah arthroscopic, good luck with whatever you end up doing! It's a frustrating place to injure

Switchmas time though happy to be finally over the constant rumours well in less than a day anyway

Spy

A Wii U game, that is soon to be released in a non-multiplayer 3DS port, to get a Switch release just a month after that port?
Who's to say it's not a 3DS and Switch port? Just that they hadn't revealed the Switch at the time the game was announced.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Nintendo and Sega would be incredible stupid if Sonic Mania isn't a launch title or gets released on Switch
I honestly expect Sonic Mania to get a Switch announcement at this event, and I also expect Sega to either debut a new trailer at this event or for it to be a game showcased on the treehouse stuff. We're overdue some Sonic Mania news I think. Official release date announcement?

Who's to say it's not a 3DS and Switch port? Just that they hadn't revealed the Switch at the time the game was announced.

I don't think any of Nintendo's 2017 3DS games will be ported to Switch. They're very different machines, and the 3DS user base is still active in large enough numbers for those games to be able to sell well.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Honestly if the Mario Kart rumours are true then I think Nintendo would be justified in removing 8 from the title. It has as much new content as you could expect from a sequel. Even mechanically we at the very least know you can hold multiple items at once, so there's something new there too in addition to the new tracks and battle mode.

jariw

So this Mario Kart 'port' could have as many NEW tracks as a 'new' Mario Kart game would?

Plus a battle mode and new characters.

Nice.

FWIW, the MK8 DLCs offered 9 new and 7 remade tracks, so the difference here isn't that huge compared to the MK8 DLC.

MK8 has spoilt us already. There's no way they can go back to a MK release with only 32 total tracks.

The only new features mentioned so fare are changed extra battle mode and double item feature.

Honestly if the Mario Kart rumours are true then I think Nintendo would be justified in removing 8 from the title. It has as much new content as you could expect from a sequel. Even mechanically we at the very least know you can hold multiple items at once, so there's something new there too in addition to the new tracks and battle mode.

It still sounds very much like MK8 update with additional DLC to me. MK8 got 200cc as an addition, which sounds about like the other new featured mentioned.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
If Mario Kart is getting 32 tracks, new characters, an additional item slot, and a revamped battle mode I cannot wait to see what they end up adding to Smash!

Spy

I don't think any of Nintendo's 2017 3DS games will be ported to Switch. They're very different machines, and the 3DS user base is still active in large enough numbers for those games to be able to sell well.
We'll find out soon enough but I firmly believe we will see Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Sports Superstars on the Switch. Only hours to go.

If Mario Kart is getting 32 tracks, new characters, an additional item slot, and a revamped battle mode I cannot wait to see what they end up adding to Smash!

Don't get your hopes up too much, most rumors on Smash seem to suggest that it's the least altered port in development. It releasing on Switch should lead to Nintendo developing another round of DLC for the game again though, along with further balance patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom