• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Thinking of getting up at 4am to watch this on Nintendo UK. Any idea how long it is? Hoping for an hour tops, really.
The fact I'm so used to working nightshifts really helps me here. I'm just staying up to watch it then sleeping after the event is over. Th3n waking up to watch treehouse stuff. Life is good.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get your hopes up too much, most rumors on Smash seem to suggest that it's the least altered port in development. It releasing on Switch should lead to Nintendo developing another round of DLC for the game again though, along with further balance patches.

That doesn't really add up to the job listing for Namco a while back. That was a couple of years ago. You'd think that, of all games, that one would get the MOST attention. That's just mind numbing, if true.

daffy

Banned
Had to do the Youtube Red free trial just for this stream lol. Now i can browse GAF and listen to hype countdowns in the background

Zedark

Surprised we haven't had anymore solid leaks,not buying the 4chan Street Fighter one

Still 19 hours to go for that, more than enough time. Although I kinda hope they don't spoiler the whole presentation at this point: it wouldn't add much to know things before hand at this point, and having some surprises for the presentation left would be nice.

Mista Koo

I know it's a simple thing to do yourself but thank you for thinking of the little guys that have to work through the presentation. My plan is to close up shop as early as possible and commute during it then camp amazon to smash that preorder button and afterwards watch everything in the morning..
I was just looking for it for myself since I'll be out all night and the presentation would be a couple hours in the morning after I go to sleep. I posted it because no one else posted it for me :p

That doesn't really add up to the job listing for Namco a while back. That was a couple of years ago. You'd think that, of all games, that one would get the MOST attention. That's just mind numbing, if true.

Yeah I don't understand it either, and am still hoping for substantial new content. At least a better solo mode (worth not getting tucked away deep in the games & more part of the menu) and a proper opening sequence video like Melee's. Maybe a way to turn off hazards, at least 3 new characters. I'm not a fan of a lot of the 3DS stages either so rumors about them adding those in have me kinda feeling meh.

sanstesy

This poll.

G0AgD.gif

//DEVIL//

ok so question. sorry i didnt read the whole thing or even 1 full page.

any idea when exactly it will be live ? in how many hours from now ? if so , any links ? i am kinda surprised there is no official thread for that yet.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't understand it either, and am still hoping for substantial new content. At least a better solo mode (worth not getting tucked away deep in the games & more part of the menu) and a proper opening sequence video like Melee's. Maybe a way to turn off hazards, at least 3 new characters. I'm not a fan of a lot of the 3DS stages either so rumors about them adding those in have me kinda feeling meh.

I'd be content if they added Ice Climbers and Wolf back in, though I have a couple of other characters I'd like to see in there. It just seems silly that Mario Kart 8 nearly doubles its content but Smash can't be assed to add anything substantial especially given the time between now and the Smash 6 job listing.

I guess we're going to find out tomorrow! Though I wouldn't put it past Ninty to not show Smash at all except at the very end, where it tells us to stay tuned for a special Smash Broadcast at some later date.

ErbilT

I know it's fake, but damn if I'm going to hope that the SFII rumor is true.

I mean, I know it's not, but maybe if I think about it hard enough, maybe I can will it to happen?

oti

Banned
I believe the leak, btw.

I like the name "1 2 Switch". Sounds like a collection of microgames à la Wario Ware.

So my Predictions (Why not)

Opens up with new 3D Mario.
Someone comes on stage to show Switch for the press shot
Switch Trailer (like the reveal)
Splatoon 2/Mario Kart 8 ( on stage 2 vs 2 demonstration)
A look into online Switch features/account
Zelda
Captain Toad 2, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Pushmo, Box Boy collection
New Tetris showing of a new joy con (Gameboy joy con), and showing flexible nature of Switch. GC VC
Skyrim Switch, Bethesda on stage
3rd Party show reel (Nba, Fifa, Watch dogs 2, Assassins creed collection, Lego games, Minecraft)
Indie show reel
Final Fantasy 6 remake timed exclusive, Square on stage. Bravely Default HD collection. Kingdom hearts 3 announced/w Collections coming out too.
A very brief tease of up coming games for the year - Pikmin 4, Pokemon Stars, Animal Crossing, Luigi Mansion 3 in anticipation for E3
Lights go dark
Metroid tease
Fireworks.

sanstesy

Super Mario Odyssey is the coolest name I've heard yet for the new 3D Mario entry. I am now disappointed if it's named differently.

Super Mario Odyssey is the coolest name I've heard yet for the new 3D Mario entry. I am now disappointed if it's named differently.

I like it too, it's kind of elegant and makes the game feel like its a big deal. It also meshes well with rumors that suggest it's a lot more open than recent entries.

Laura said that BG&E will be called Odyssey. She saw that leak and said it s wrong. I wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you.

I mean SF2Ultra come on lol.

Cheers Joe! Man, Emily better not break my heart here... It would make MK8 near perfect.

Yup. I kind of hope they'll just see Mario Kart Switch as a service and keep adding DLC tracks and characters to it throughout the life of the Switch. It'd be the ultimate Mario Kart. Wouldn't even need a MK9.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Platinum Games presented Uncharted 5 exclusive to Nintendo Switch you heard it here first folks #dontleak #private #secret

Yup. I kind of hope they'll just see Mario Kart Switch as a service and keep adding DLC tracks and characters to it throughout the life of the Switch. It'd be the ultimate Mario Kart. Wouldn't even need a MK9.

I think I agree. Because, how would you even outdo it with 9? It's got so many tracks and characters.

Metal Baby Waluigi?

sanstesy

I like it too, it's kind of elegant and makes the game feel like its a big deal. It also meshes well with rumors that suggest it's a lot more open than recent entries.

It's cool because it's still simple while not being predictable (Super Mario Universe) or unimaginative (Super Mario 3D World).

Laura said that BG&E will be called Odyssey. She saw that leak and said it s wrong. I wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you.

I mean SF2Ultra come on lol.

I will live, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom