• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Jzero

When did 2 day shipping turn into 4 day? Did everyone who preorder from Amazon show Tuesday of next week?

n5QYUV3.png

Hey at least you got to order one 😒

My Switch and Zelda deluxe orders just went into "preparing for shipment" status, yay. Both say arriving Friday.

So does this actually mean something different? I've had my orders fluctuate since this morning. The Switch itself specifically first said "preordered", then changed to "shipping today", then "preparing for shipment" like 6 hours ago. My other items have gone back and forth between "shipping today" and "preordered".

Hey at least you got to order one ��

Hey fam, you can always go camp out in front of a Target/Best Buy/Walmart for like four hours and almost definitely get a system.

So does this actually mean something different? I've had my orders fluctuate since this morning. The Switch itself specifically first said "preordered", then changed to "shipping today", then "preparing for shipment" like 6 hours ago. My other items have gone back and forth between "shipping today" and "preordered".

I wouldn't really look into it. It just means that there's activity happening. If it says arriving Friday, you're still good.

Not sure if mine changed any beyond that today. I only checked around 47 times today as opposed to the 300+ times I checked the past few days.

Bio-Frost

Ive been shipping now for about 6 hours. Not too worried yet, but if it hasnt by morning i may have to give amazon a chat...

Edit: i have been charged btw

XJlrji1.png

Tendo

I also got the Tuesday bump and got jack and shit in way of support or compensation from Amazon. Hope it turns out better for ya bud :/

Not a Switch but just got the notification from Amazon that my Zelda Master Edition shipped to be here Friday. Went via FedEx too which is surprising.
Why is my Master Edition the only one that will arrive on Saturday instead of Friday?! That's not fair Amazon!

I wouldn't really look into it. It just means that there's activity happening. If it says arriving Friday, you're still good.

Not sure if mine changed any beyond that today. I only checked around 47 times today as opposed to the 300+ times I checked the past few days.

I've just been staring at my orders page in between rendering. Can't cope.

Effect

Master Edition is now in the "Shipping Now" phase. Looks like my credit card at least has a pending charge on it as well. No tracking yet but at least I can relax on this front. Nothing on the others yet. The collector's edition of the Zelda guide still has no date though. Everything else still says arriving Friday.

Still on arriving friday, but not yet shipped.

Gonna assume I'm near a distribution center and will see it shipped tomorrow. But boy I'm gonna bring the pain if it hasn't shipped by then.

Minions

Just got this email from GS in response to resolving my BOA account blocking the original transaction attempt.

Gamestop Guest support said:
I am glad you reached GameStop Guest Care, it is our pleasure to assist you with your order.

According to our records this order is being processed by the warehouse getting ready to be shipped. You'll be receiving an email from our department with the tracking information very soon.

Thank you for contacting us, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Erika D.

Seems Amazon's shipping status's are completely pointless. My screen protector has had the Shipping Today status all day long (at 9am the earliest I can remember) and nothing, even though it states it'll ship March 1st (today).
Same with my BotW Wii U and Switch orders: Arriving Friday with an expected ship date of today but still in the Not Yet Shipped status and the day's almost out! (East coast man here).

Meanwhile, Best Buy has been nothing short of stellar with the Switch console, Pro controller and charging grip shipping out today with a March 3rd delivery.

If Amazon doesn't fix this I'll have a Switch with no game to play! I know this will come off as a bit dramatic but if Amazon fucks this up I'm signing up with BB's games membership thing and only buying my future releases from them.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, as I was writing my Hori screen protector shipped and will arrive on time. Now my screen will be protected from the no game I'll be playing! Awesome! (I shouldn't be this negative. At least something Switch related shipped from Amazon)

Zane Farus

Neo Member
My Switch and zelda master edition says Arriving friday but hasn't shipped yet. Should I just wait until tomorrow before contacting them? Said expected to ship March 1st but didn't ship today.

Everyone with Amazon calm your taters, especially if your date still says Friday. If it hasnt shipped by like noon tomorrow and you don't live near a shipping hub THEN you start worrying

It seems Best Buy in the Pacific is sticking to an actual Midnight release and not at 9PM like they do for every other midnight release. I think I might just get it in the morning since I got it pre-ordered anyways.

Piggus

Everyone with Amazon calm your taters. If it hasnt shipped by like noon tomorrow and you don't live near a shipping hub THEN you start worrying

My launch Vita and PS4 shipped at like 2:30 pm the day before release. They really cut it close with their console launches.

Everyone with Amazon calm your taters, especially if your date still says Friday. If it hasnt shipped by like noon tomorrow and you don't live near a shipping hub THEN you start worrying
Yup, if it still says Friday they will overnight it to you. If the date got changed then it's coming late.

Lexxon

These Amazon delays are starting to worry me. Eek. Mine is still slated for Friday but it also says it "should" ship today...and it's not going to be today much longer.

Amazon does this though, if it wasn't for some of the support chats claiming they're short on supply, I wouldn't worry.

DarkKyo

For those of you contacting Amazon out of fear that it has not shipped yet, what are you selecting for the drop-down boxes under "Tell us more about your issue"?

Padinn

My Amazon order says expected Friday and to ship tofay. I'm near Tampa go and we have a warehouse 30 min away, so I'm not worried yet.

R0ckman

Are people who are getting their shipments changed to Tuesday getting notified or are they stealth bumping them? I think complaining about the stealth bump and threatening to end your Prime sub will have CS act right.

I'm going to go ahead and get GCU and use it for hard to get items.

Bought an item yesterday for 2 day delivery, it shipped this morning and will arrive tommrrow via UPS.

Bsigg12

Just got my Amazon shipping notification. The Amazon fulfillment center is only a mile or so away from my office so I expect it pretty early Friday morning.

I'm just bothered by the fact that my Zelda shipped nearly 24 hours ago but my Switch still hasn't.

Could be coming from different warehouses. But generally, late shipping notices aren't necessarily a cause for concern. Like, the first timestamped update on my For Honor order was 9PM the night before release, and I got it the next day no problem. Happened with a bunch of other games, too.

J4mm1nJ03

The only thing that has actually shipped for me so far is Just Dance, which isn't even for me. Everything else is still sitting at preparing. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm getting anxious! I feel like I often get my shipping emails from Amazon in the middle of the night, so that's probably going to happen here as well at this rate. I really hope I get my pro controller on Friday as well. Bestbuy is still sitting at preparing for that. I guess as long as I get my console and Zelda by Friday I can wait a little bit longer for my other stuff. Fingers crossed.

Yep, every single thing I ordered from Amazon last month shipped out of Dallas the day before delivery. I live in Oklahoma City. I don't expect this to be any different.

No need to worry unless changes in shipping dates happen.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
My Best Buy order says it's shipped. Tracking shows it was picked up in Rochester. Estimated delivery Tomorrow! I hope that's right.

Best Buy is still "Preparing" on the Switch shipment even though Zelda and a Pro Controller have shipped. It still says March 3rd though so hopefully they overnight it tomorrow.

The anxiety!

Still no movement from Target & Walmart. Amazon and Best Buy doing work, though. Only things that haven't shipped from Amazon are the guide and a powerA hybrid cover.

MomoQca

This is really frustrating.

Best Buy in-store preorder is STILL in the "Pre-Ordered" stage...does this mean it's NOT going to be at the store on Friday??? Meanwhile, Zelda: BotW (delivery, not pick-up) is in the "Preparation" stage.

Top Bottom