• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Glass Joe

Had a Pro-Controller in my shopping cart at my local Walmart so I tried to impulse buy it... wouldn't scan at the register though :-( Kinda sad because I want a back-up if the joycons are glitched and have to get sent in, kinda not because it would have been $70 perhaps wiser spent elsewhere.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
My Switch just got handed off at 9:37 pm from Best Buy to UPS in Syracuse, New York.

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.

Dat hand off
hand-off.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This is really frustrating.

Best Buy in-store preorder is STILL in the "Pre-Ordered" stage...does this mean it's NOT going to be at the store on Friday??? Meanwhile, Zelda: BotW (delivery, not pick-up) is in the "Preparation" stage.
I'm pretty sure no one's BB pick-up order has moved to "preparing" yet.

jxN3

in Socal ~

Master Edition charged, preparing for shipment, arriving Friday.

Special Edition charged, preparing for shipment, arriving Friday.

Switch not charged, not yet shipped, arriving Friday.

btrboyev

Stop worrying about Amazon not shipping your console in time. They are literally the best in the world at this. You will most likely get your shipping confirmations around 3:00am tonight. That's when I got my PS4 confirmation and it arrived on time.

DMONKUMA

This is really frustrating.

Best Buy in-store preorder is STILL in the "Pre-Ordered" stage...does this mean it's NOT going to be at the store on Friday??? Meanwhile, Zelda: BotW (delivery, not pick-up) is in the "Preparation" stage.

In-Store is not going to change status until tomorrow. CALM. THE. FRICK. DOWN. PEOPLE.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So what you're saying is...it won't be in the "Processing" stage even if it's already at the store by March 3rd?
Your console has probably been at the store for days now, but the status isn't going to update until they go through the pick-up orders and start preparing them – literally scanning in the orders and putting them behind the customer service desk. There's really no reason for them to do that until the day before launch.

Maxinas

How many have ever used Amazon before? As a prime member two day shipping has almost always been overnight shipping for me. Every-time i order a game for launch, they ship it in the middle of the night, and it arrives in the morning the next day. Stop being impatient.

The anxiety is unreal in here. Y'all are really mad at Amazon/Best Buy for... not shipping it early? You know exactly when it needs to be shipped to get to your house Friday or something?

The nervous in-store pickup people even less sense to me. Why would it say anything but 'Preordered' until day of? There's nothing to ship.

Just calm down, seriously. If your delivery/pick-up is still scheduled for March 3rd, you're fine.

EDIT: I missed some of the posts saying it got pushed to Tuesday. I guess there's reason to worry if you ordered from Amazon? Still, if you can, try to relax a bit. Worrying and F5'ing the order status page isn't going to affect when you get it.

Erv

Mine still says its shipping today which at this point I don't think it is. So amazon could at least tell me its shipping tomorrow and getting here friday. Or maybe it will still ship late tonight. we'll see

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My Switch is on the way but I'm still waiting for Zelda to ship. It still says it'll arrive on Friday so I'm not in panic mode yet.

Amazon? cause the same, Zelda is the special edition though that just says 'Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped '

System shipped from Ohio via 2 day after saying shipping today all day ( never said preparing) & im in NYC.

Wonder if the Zelda's are at a closer warehouse. I think I should have just stuck with a standard copy shrug

MomoQca

Your console has probably been at the store for days now, but the status isn't going to update until they go through the pick-up orders and start preparing them – literally scanning in the orders and putting them behind the customer service desk. There's really no reason for them to do that until the day before launch.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. :)

dafodeu

The anxiety is unreal in here. Y'all are really mad at Amazon/Best Buy for... not shipping it early? You know exactly when it needs to be shipped to get to your house Friday or something?

The nervous in-store pickup people even less sense to me. Why would it say anything but 'Preordered' until day of? There's nothing to ship.

Just calm down, seriously. If your delivery/pick-up is still scheduled for March 3rd, you're fine.

You say relax but why under amazon for my switch does it say expecting to ship March 1st, arriving Friday but I havn't been charged no pending charge ect and there is only 1 hour left on March 1st? Something is wrong.

For some reason people saying "frick" and "friggen" puts me way on edge than a good "fuck".

I'm bringing this up because I'm already on edge and trying not to cry. Not only is my Best Buy in-store Switch still set as "Pre-Order", but my Amazon Switch still says "Not yet shipped".

I literally got a call from Best Buy about my preorder to tell me about the midnight opening and that they'll have seperate lines for preorders and those without, and my order status is still on pre-order with awaiting authorization on the card. Best Buy pickup orders aren't finalized until they're actually picked up, at which point they'll actually charge the card and the status will change.

You say relax but why under amazon for my switch does it say expecting to ship March 1st, arriving Friday but I havn't been charged no pending charge ect and there is only 1 hour left on March 1st? Something is wrong.

I've edited clarifying I missed the Amazon screw ups. My bad. Still, anxious or relaxed, the console will get to you when it gets to you. Try to take your mind off it for now (believe me, I know it's hard, I'm just as hyped as the rest of you), there's nothing you can do to ensure you get it Friday. No point spending the next however long sitting and worrying.

dafodeu

I've edited clarifying I missed the Amazon screw ups. My bad. Still, anxious or relaxed, the console will get to you when it gets to you. Try to take your mind off it for now (believe me, I know it's hard, I'm just as hyped as the rest of you), there's nothing you can do to ensure you get it Friday. No point spending the next however long sitting and worrying.

Thanks still says arriving Friday so going to try to stay positive.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I had another order from amazon non switch related that said the same thing & shipped the next day instead & I'll get it on time.

I think this is warehouse related for some of us...

then again it's Nintendo & Amazon :|

Zarth

I mean they're a business. If they get it wrong for me for the 3rd time in 2 months I'll be getting my Prime refunded and take all my bulk monthly business to Costco.

Something at Amazon has changed, I've had more issues with them in 3 months than I have in the 10 years prior.

Oh my god Amazon shipped my copy of 1-2 Switch through USPS.

Why. Why is this happening to me. I don't know what I'm going to do if they ship my Switch the same way.

DMONKUMA

So what you're saying is...it won't be in the "Processing" stage even if it's already at the store by March 3rd?

No need to be rude as this is a first-time experience for me. :/

Sorry about that as it isn't directed just to you but to all the people worried about their in-store preorders your post just happen to be an example. It's been constant worrying.

Again sorry. Wasn't really directed towards you.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Welp, a few hours left for March 1st, the expected ship date for the Zelda SE, and it's still stuck at "not yet shipped."

If this isn't overnighted tomorrow, Amazon will have officially made my shit list and transition to Best Buy complete.

Top Bottom