• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

SCChappy

Banned
Amazon still hasn't shipped. I only preordered with them because of the FE Fates special edition debacle at Best Buy last year. If I get burned again and it's not here Friday I'm never preordering anything online ever again.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
As soon as your order is in, do not make changes 72 hrs within launch.
Well, technically I didn't make any changes since it's the same payment method that I've been buying things with for the last few months. No clue what made it decline since it's a debit account. Luckily, Amazon service is second to none, so they changed shipping from Tuesday to overnight Friday for me.

beanman25

Not yet shipped for BotW and Switch (Ordered both on January 12th. Typically this always happens but I'm worried reading all of this.

_woLf

All my Best Buy stuff coming from Fresno, CA via UPS ground.

There's no way it gets to Seattle by tomorrow. Damn.

Edit: A switch that I bought for a friend from Amazon has not shipped yet. Kinda worried about that one. :(

th4tguy

Anyone know if the pro controller is supposed to be march 3rd arrival or shipped on march 3rd. Console hasn't shipped from bestbuy either.

BB did exactly this for the last Nintendo game I got. I'm one ground day away from their warehouse, so they ground-shipped it the day before. Got it on release day, no problem.

It's not worth the stress unless Friday hits and it's still "preparing".

Except in my case, Amazon has already issued a tracking number via UPS Ground coming from Arizona...even though I live just two hours away from a distribution center in Tennessee...

BotW ME and Switch both say Arriving Friday via Amazon. Switch says Not yet shipped Zelda says Now shipping. When I go into details on both it says they are waiting in carrier for tracking number.

vgamer1

My Master Edition is listed as "Shipping Today" from Amazon. Earlier it was "Preparing for Shipment"... uhhh.....

Just checked and the charge is pending on my card.

Hawk269

I ended up pre ordering at a Wal Mart store since I was moving. Does anyone know if they are releasing pre orders tomorrow night? I am in Idaho so 10pm would be midnight eastern time. Main concern is that they did not let you choose which color.and I don't want the rain bow edition.

gt86

My GameStop order hasn't done anything, hold on 25th that's been lifted, nothing else since then just "open". Usually not worried about these types of things but I preordered this for my 10 year old son who wanted it for his late birthday (his bday is end of Feb).

charpunk

Everyone expecting to see their Best Buy store pickup see movement tomorrow morning hopefully?

I worked there up until 3 months ago and preorders always went through the system the morning of the day before release. So everyone should get notifications early tomorrow depending on that store's inventory department.

My GameStop order hasn't done anything, hold on 25th that's been lifted, nothing else since then just "open". Usually not worried about these types of things but I preordered this for my 10 year old son who wanted it for his late birthday (his bday is end of Feb).

The email they sent out last week said they were pending the charge in the 25th and shipping on the 2nd.

lutheran

Long Island here, still expected shipping date today for Friday delivery. My CC still hasn't been charged..no emails other than yesterday an email saying my Zelda game order is now in amazons warehouse or some stupid shit like that.

Jobbs

Banned
So Amazon may not be able to fulfill all their switch preorders?

Mine still says "shipping today", but my card has been charged.

Kamek

I worked there up until 3 months ago and preorders always went through the system the morning of the day before release. So everyone should get notifications early tomorrow depending on that store's inventory department.

The email they sent out last week said they were pending the charge in the 25th and shipping on the 2nd.

i've been so worried about this. Have 2 preordered for me and my brother in VT. Going to mail one to him. Just want to make sure we both get them.

charpunk

i've been so worried about this. Have 2 preordered for me and my brother in VT. Going to mail one to him. Just want to make sure we both get them.

I hear ya. Should be fine. In the 10 years I worked there I never saw too many mess ups on a company level when it came to preorders done online for in store pickup. At least when it came to hardware.

mstevens

What's the deal with the call center? I had a hell of a time trying to get the specific store I preordered from on the phone and eventually gave up after almost an hour of "on hold" and disconnected redirects from the call center. It shouldn't be that hard to give a specific store a call for a 30 second question like, "hey what's the specifics for the Switch launch this week?"

My plan is to head down there around 10 pm tomorrow night.

linkboy

UPS updated the delivery date for my Switch, it said the 6th, now it's Friday.

The only things that haven't shipped are my 200GB SD card, my hori case, and my Pro Controller from Amazon Japan.

Samus4145

Long Island here, still expected shipping date today for Friday delivery. My CC still hasn't been charged..no emails other than yesterday an email saying my Zelda game order is now in amazons warehouse or some stupid shit like that.

LI represent. Was told by amazon rep that the items were procured but not shipped. So...Who the fuck knows.

dolabla

Mine still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. It's been in "preparing" since Sunday. That's how my Pikachu New 3DS XL did last week and it finally shipped on Thursday and I got it on Friday.
I figured it was gonna do that again. The distribution center is only a few hours from where I live.

Zelda and Bomberman have shipped and are in my state via Best Buy.

My Amazon Switch order (preordered the first 1-2 minutes it went up) says arriving Friday, but still in "We have your order" limbo.

Mine still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. It's been in "preparing" since Sunday. That's how my Pikachu New 3DS XL did last week and it finally shipped on Thursday and I got it on Friday.
I figured it was gonna do that again. The distribution center is only a few hours from where I live.

Well, that makes me feel a bit better about my order.

Seiru

Banned
I have the system and Zelda arriving on Friday, but no pro controller. I wonder how hard it will be to try and get a pro controller from retail on Friday?

charpunk

What's the deal with the call center? I had a hell of a time trying to get the specific store I preordered from on the phone and eventually gave up after almost an hour of "on hold" and disconnected redirects from the call center. It shouldn't be that hard to give a specific store a call for a 30 second question like, "hey what's the specifics for the Switch launch this week?"

My plan is to head down there around 10 pm tomorrow night.

Ever since they switched to a store operator program it became a pain in the ass to call stores. Locations might only have one person to answer phones and that one person also has to do handle the customers that come in to get their items that were ordered for store pickup.

//ARCANUM

Amazon ships to you usually based on your location. I live in Austin TX and new items generally ship to me the day before release and I always get them on release day. My amazon switch hasn't shipped yet, but says arriving Friday. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So I have a pretty bad question but how does the shipping from Amazon work? Say someone from Montana preorders an item and then decides to sell the preorder to someone in New Mexico. The person in Montana will change shipping addresses and the package will be sent to New Mexico instead.

My question is, how are items allocated to warehouses? Like, what determines which warehouses get what? I apologize if this was worded awkwardly. I hope I was clear.

mstevens

Ever since they switched to a store operator program it became a pain in the ass to call stores. Locations might only have one person to answer phones and that one person also has to do handle the customers that come in to get their items that were ordered for store pickup.

It was insane. Not exaggerating, I tried for over an hour over two days. I eventually got geek squad and explained how much trouble I was having, and he just kept saying hang up and call back the right way. The guy refused to ask anyone, transfer me, or even give me a way to call the store direct. I asked for his name and he hung up lol.

This is my first time doing an in store pickup preorder at best buy. Do I just show up and get it at midnight, or should I go early?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ehh, my Amazon order is being shipped by their internal service. Package will probably come at 9pm Friday. :\

SCChappy

Banned
Amazon ships to you usually based on your location. I live in Austin TX and new items generally ship to me the day before release and I always get them on release day. My amazon switch hasn't shipped yet, but says arriving Friday. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I live in the Austin area so hopefully it'll be the same for me.

charpunk

It was insane. Not exaggerating, I tried for over an hour over two days. I eventually got geek squad and explained how much trouble I was having, and he just kept saying hang up and call back the right way. The guy refused to ask anyone, transfer me, or even give me a way to call the store direct. I asked for his name and he hung up lol.

I had to call people on their personal cell phones at other stores when I needed product from them because no one would answer phones lol

Jobbs

Banned
Ehh, my Amazon order is being shipped by their internal service. Package will probably come at 9pm Friday. :\

image.php

majorscud

My copies of Super Bomberman R and Just Dance 2017 shipped via UPS and I have a tracking number from Amazon. My Switch and Zelda still say "Not Yet Shipped". Hopefully this isn't going to be an issue.

The road is almost over my friends, I hope you all receive your consoles in good order. I have to wait until next week Friday for mine to arrive so I'll be eagerly reading everyone's impressions.

VICI0US

welp, my best buy orders are an hour and a half away.

I'm getting my system from gamestop at midnight, hopefully all my games and accessories make it here tomorrow

Just got my Grey Nintendo Switch. Didn't expect it till tomorrow so hurray !!

Congrats!

Just got roped into something after work this friday. So now I can't pick up my Gamestop preorder. Gonna stop by tomorrow and try to get em to allow a family member to get my preorder. Anyone familiar with the process?

Ultime

Banned
Welp, Gamestop orders (Console + Zelda) are still "open", but the Pro Controller for BB is its way...

Hoping for the best.

(Kidding, if those arrive Friday wold be wonderful, otherwise, I can wait a bit longer to ignore them after the first hour of usage).

foppy79

Well that's interesting.

I ordered a guardian amiibo today (thanks Wario64) and its now preparing for shipment tomorrow, arriving Friday, while my switch and Zelda sit in limbo. I don't know of this is a ray of hope or yet another tease, but time will tell, I suppose.

Edit: my amiibo has been charged but not anything else. Hm.

Top Bottom