• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Atheerios

Heard from someone that their BotW Special Edition order at Amazon got cancelled because they didn't have enough to fulfil it. I hope he's just wrong (and the order got cancelled for other reasons) or that it´s just an isolated case.

Thanks Best Buy!
175fc0918e1392e760a90059e9b7a300.gif

More pics pls

ultrazilla

Thank you!! I ordered one for a friend and I also had an issue at shipment so I thought he was out of luck this weekend. Thankfully I read your post and changed the shipping date and now everything looks good

You're most welcome. I'm a Prime member and it initially was launch day release but upon checking, I found out they had moved the shipping to Tuesday. I suspect(conspiracy theory) is they bumped a ton of customer's launch day systems to Tuesday to "ease up" the crush of sending out all the systems Friday. I have a funny feeling you're gonna see freak outs in here when folks don't get their Switch Friday because Amazon changed the ship dates on them. I tried to help everyone with a heads up! :)

I went in and corrected the shipping to Friday and they charged my card early this afternoon.

I'm not going to call Amazon now about it but will once I get my system Friday. I don't want anything screwing up my order at this point. They're gonna make this right for me. I don't pay $100 a year for Prime for nothing. Especially when it said launch day delivery. So they can credit my account with $6 at a later time.

vgamer1

Heard from someone that their BotW Special Edition order at Amazon got cancelled because they didn't have enough to fulfil it. I hope he's just wrong (and the order got cancelled for other reasons) or that it´s just an isolated case.

Special or Master. Almost 2000 master editions were oversold and canceled.

ultrazilla

So Amazon may not be able to fulfill all their switch preorders?

Mine still says "shipping today", but my card has been charged.

Check your shipping. :) I posted a big mention about this previously in the thread. I will say though, you're getting a system if the charge went through. You're gold on that.

Simo

Not a Switch but just got the notification from Amazon that my Zelda Master Edition shipped to be here Friday. Went via FedEx too which is surprising.

RikuDawn

I'm not really worried about my pre-order getting canceled. But I'd be pretty dang disappointed if I had to wait until next week or something to play Zelda.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Btw retailers take preorders based on the numbers given to them by manufacturers so getting mad at Amazon is missing the point.

My Amazon BoTW Master Edition shipped. My Switch and my USB Cable/Screen Protector orders havent yet though.

Not worried though, I live in Indiana right by all the shipping warehouses and factories, I have had them ship Afternoon/Evening the day before and still get on release day. My biggest worry was about BoTW

gt86

Congrats!

Just got roped into something after work this friday. So now I can't pick up my Gamestop preorder. Gonna stop by tomorrow and try to get em to allow a family member to get my preorder. Anyone familiar with the process?

My wife frequently picks up orders from GameStop for me on her lunch. I just give her my rewards card. (Prepaid orders)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So my order from Best Buy is coming from East Syracuse NY. I am in Edison NJ. Wonder how far it'll get by the end of tomorrow.

Mine is coming from Nichols NY for all orders, controllers coming tomorrow. I know it's greedy, but why the F not everything else with them.? Lol!

Mine is coming from Nichols NY for all orders, controllers coming tomorrow. I know it's greedy, but why the F not everything else with them.? Lol!

Yea it would of made sense to do so, but can't be too greedy. I should of went with shipping instead of a pickup. I'm in the buffalo area, I could I have gotten my switch and games tomorrow instead of tomorrow at midnight. :(

Any particular item or section you need pics of?

No games.

The system prompt me to update after sticking in a 128 GB MicroSD card. Communication error.

Yes

Hah, not really, but thanks for genuinely replying. I'm just thirsty AF and have exhausted most of the mainstream preview/review content. Enjoy it though!

Edit: If you get the chance, I'm still trying to find out if you can output sound through the 3.5mm jack while the system is docked. That said, don't go out of your way. Assuming Amazon actually ships on time we're all only two days away.

Ordered a Joycon charging grip, Pro controller, screen protector all at once. All three have been charged to my card, but only the charging grip has actually shipped and will be in tomorrow. The other two still say "preparing." Really hope there's no delay.

Marshal

Neo Member
Contacted Amazon Support through the chat feature about whether or not it will ship today and I was told it will be shipping tomorrow and they upgraded my order to free 1 day shipping so I can get it on Friday. If anyone is worried, I suggest doing the same

Damn I've got a busy night tonight and day tomorrow. Gotta get shit together to trade to pay off at least half of my gamestop preorder right after work tomorrow. Then go home for a couple of hours before midnight launch.

Gonna play Zelda till I pass out. Wake up Friday morning, take my daughter to school, then caffeinate and refuel for a day of more Zelda.

I realized I might have to go to the laundromat Friday. If so, I'll be in my own Switch commercial. lol

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yea it would of made sense to do so, but can't be too greedy. I should of went with shipping instead of a pickup. I'm in the buffalo area, I could I have gotten my switch and games tomorrow instead of tomorrow at midnight. :(

Just got UPS MyChoice Emails that all of my stuff will be here tomorrow. Game(Zelda), controllers, Amiibo, Switch.

Just got an email that my pro controller from Best Buy has been delayed and is expected to arrive Monday.

I ordered the console itself from Amazon, but that has not yet shipped.

*sigh*

Sylas

Me as well. I would contact support.

Wait until tomorrow. If you contact support now you're very likely to make things "worse" or just confuse everyone all around. Overnight shipping is a thing and Amazon has always used it for my Prime orders.

Hagz

Neo Member
My Switch has shipped from Best Buy - arriving Friday via UPS!

My Zelda Master Edition from Gamestop still hasn't shipped yet... anyone else in the same situation?

Top Bottom