• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Esiquio

GameStop order for The Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild Special Edition:
Ordered, Not Shipped. Handling Method: Expedited.
WTF? I mean, shouldn't it have shipped by now?!

BestBuy Switch orders:
Still listed as Processing. I called and the location near my house that I ordered this for is indeed having a midnight release, but they told me not to bother coming if I didn't get an e-mail notification that they actually got a Switch for me.
Again, WTF?

I'm leaving the country on Monday, this is not going well at all. Am I alone in this and just got unlucky?

D-Man

Zelda shipped from Amazon but the Switch itself has not moved from "not yet shipped" even thought it says it was supposed to be shipped today.

Hopefully this changes tomorrow.

My Pro Controller from Best Buy came in a day early! Shipped on Monday, arrived Wed. BTW I live all the way in Hawaii.

oJUSUGt.jpg

Mouse Cop

I'm kind of freaking right now. I ordered the Switch on Amazon and its still showing guaranteed delivery for the 3rd. Carrier information says "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." I called Amazon today because it said before the expected ship date was on today. They told me that they had a local distributor in my area, so it would be 24 hrs before delivery when they update the shipment, but didn't confirm hard whether I was 100% getting it or not. With how Amazon has been handling the Switch, I'm terrified my order will get cancelled last minute. Worse, I cancelled the preorder for the WiiU BoTW copy that was a fail safe in case I didn't get the Switch, yesterday. So I could be stuck with no Zelda if I don't get this, after literally wiping my weekend plans to play.

If anyone has any kind of experience with this stuff, please help soothe my worries (first time getting a console on launch day via shipping).

ultrazilla

I see quite a lot of folks are discovering their shipment dates were bumped to Tuesday.

I addressed this some pages ago but thought I would re-post it to help everyone who mysteriously got bumped to Tuesday. While I doubt Amazon will comment directly on the issue, my theory is they did this to help "relieve" their staff of having to mail out surely hundreds of thousands of these by Friday.

"Woke up this morning horrified that Amazon had tried to charge my card for the Switch pre-order and it had been declined as funds weren't available for me until today. So I went to the credit union and put money in and updated my order with Amazon.

The charge just went through within the last couple of hours and they're preparing it for shipping.

Word of warning! Amazon had my Switch arriving Tuesday when I had originally ordered it for Friday release. I'm not sure what happened but luckily I was able to change the shipping for $6 extra and get it this Friday. So if anyone has pre-ordered from Amazon, check your arrival dates!

Two days away! So pumped. Hope the tips help you out there!"

I know folks aren't able to read every single follow up reply in a thread but the Tuesday shipping bump has been brought up by me a few times in this thread and it even helped a fellow GAFFer who checked and fixed the problem when he saw my post.

However, you obviously should be highly cautious of changing aspects of your order now and proceed with extreme caution!! I've been a Prime member for years. If your card has been charged, you are GOLDEN. You will be getting a system. Do not worry if you haven't gotten your "shipped" email from them yet. If you card charge went through, you're gonna get a system! *BUT* check those delivery dates!!!

Smellycat

My pro controller has shipped from Best Buy.
AU7Amsc.gif

Zelda SE is preparing for shipment according to Amazon
AU7Amsc.gif

My Switch is arriving between March 6 and 9th according to Target
LLShC.gif

Theswweet

Welp, Amazon is still saying that my copy of Zelda will "ship today", so I'm gonna ping them on chat and see exactly what's up.

Barrett2

My Amazon pre-order of Horizon Zero Dawn still hasn't shown up (Amazon tracking shows it was sent to the wrong state) and my Switch pre-order is showing as expected ship date March 02. What the hell

Welp, Amazon is still saying that my copy of Zelda will "ship today", so I'm gonna ping them on chat and see exactly what's up.

It's the 2nd and Amazon still says "expected to ship March 1st". I'm doomed. My life's over. The world hates me.

Guys, calm down. Amazon is trying to avoid breaking street date, so you are probably in a position where they can one-day it, so they will. "Expected to Ship March 1st" is just the boilerplate explanation. It's not exact. Hence the word "expected".

You'll get your things.

i live like 20 mins away from an amazon distribution center and usually they don't charge me until the day before even if they say expected to ship a day earlier.

but everyone else is panicking so ima panic too!!! AHHH at least change it to preparing to ship TT

gnexus

Pro Controller from BB shipped today, Zelda Master Edition shipped today from Amazon, still waiting on the Neon Switch to ship from Amazon... come onnnn

Juice

I'm kind of freaking right now. I ordered the Switch on Amazon and its still showing guaranteed delivery for the 3rd. Carrier information says "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." I called Amazon today because it said before the expected ship date was on today. They told me that they had a local distributor in my area, so it would be 24 hrs before delivery when they update the shipment, but didn't confirm hard whether I was 100% getting it or not. With how Amazon has been handling the Switch, I'm terrified my order will get cancelled last minute. Worse, I cancelled the preorder for the WiiU BoTW copy that was a fail safe in case I didn't get the Switch, yesterday. So I could be stuck with no Zelda if I don't get this, after literally wiping my weekend plans to play.

If anyone has any kind of experience with this stuff, please help soothe my worries (first time getting a console on launch day via shipping).

Calm down. I have had this exact experience with Amazon. Called them, support was useless. The status _literally never changed_ and the thing still showed up on release day.

I think this is just how they handle careful street date stuff and their tracking service does a shitty job communicating to you.

Dartastic

The Special Edition game case has a not for resale stated on the back of the case. Also the back has artwork of a guardian instead of stating the games features. (Taken from a youtube video)

IJCYsQ2.png
This makes me sad because now I can't just buy the game and return the sealed copy in my SE box. I have to wait until I get the game for real. :(

TI82

Banned
Very nice! How do you like the face buttons? They seem a little big in the photos, wondering if I'll like them or not.

A feels a little strange but maybe that's just imagination. Everything feels great, DPad is not like a normal Nintendo dpad though and will take some getting used to. The triggers and handles though, so good

dafodeu

A feels a little strange but maybe that's just imagination. Everything feels great, DPad is not like a normal Nintendo dpad though and will take some getting used to. The triggers and handles though, so good

Do you have xbox or ps4 controller for scale?

LotusHD

Banned
Said fuck it, and called them now. Tell me it's currently unavailable, despite of course, me pre-ordering it on January. Said as soon as it's available, I should still be receiving it, though it could be on a Saturday now apparently. Bumped me to a 1-day shipping for both the Switch and Zelda just in case.

Sigh... I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate Amazon right now. They always know how to confuse the shit outta you.

As I type this, only now does my Switch copy of Zelda say preparing for shipment, while the Switch itself now has the increased 1-day shipping cost (Because yay for spending more money), and is now expected to ship today, March 2nd. Assuming I even get it...

RikuDawn

I mean there's a distribution center less than 15 minutes away from me. And my order does says "shipping today" (though it's been that way for hours and it was still March 1st when it said that and now its March 2nd). But I'm still panicking.

Gaspard

I mean there's a distribution center less than 15 minutes away from me. And my order does says "shipping today" (though it's been that way for hours and it was still March 1st when it said that and now its March 2nd). But I'm still panicking.

Are you me?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm weak.

I ordered all the BOTW Amiibos cause they were still available for launch day store pickup on BB.com. I don't need em... but ZELDA!

So hype! Mine's going to be delivered and I won't be able to play it until I get off work after midnight Saturday morning, hopefully it'll arrive before I leave for work Friday afternoon.

Still though, my brother's system I reserved on Amazon still says Not Yet Shipped. If I had to guess, it's coming from the new distribution center about 20 minutes from home. Mine's from GameStop and they're shipping mine tomorrow, but I know my brother really wants to play this weekend. Both our copies of Zelda I preordered on Amazon shipped out already and tracking on USPS says "Departed partner facility, USPS awaiting item" and that tracking location is actually 40 minutes away from here. So they might be shipping his console out tomorrow. If it doesn't ship out by the time I'm home from work tomorrow night, I'll contact Amazon and see what's going on, but although after seeing what happened to some people on Reddit, the delivery date never changed.

EDIT: At least I'll hopefully be able to look at the Switch if it doesn't arrive before I leave for work. There's no doubt that my coworker's bringing his console to work with him since he's picking his up at a Best Buy midnight launch.

TI82

Banned
Thank you now I am more excited, it looks perfect size. My Pro Controller shipped from Best Buy today. Was worried it'd be smaller than that.

Yeah no, size is amazing. Like this controller is really surprising how comfortable it given how uncomfortable the 3DS and it's ilk are. Even the Wii U controller is really bad in my opinion. So for this to come from Nintendo is really exciting for tomorrow :)

Appleman

Anybody in the Bay Area with Amazon have any movement on theirs yet? Pretty sure it's one day ship over here, but wanted to check...

No movement yet, but I'm not concerned. I AM concerned that I ordered it to work and it won't actually make it to me by end of day Friday :S I've got the weekend blocked off so that would be a massive bummer

Manzanas

Neo Member
Anybody in the Bay Area with Amazon have any movement on theirs yet? Pretty sure it's one day ship over here, but wanted to check...

Both my Switch and Zelda Special Edition both say "Not yet shipped" but they also still say "Arriving Friday."
Did yours ship already? I'm starting to get worried.

sadromeo

I'm weak.

I ordered all the BOTW Amiibos cause they were still available for launch day store pickup on BB.com. I don't need em... but ZELDA!

Exactly this + hype = my first amiibos ever.

Makes me think if I am going to be jumping on the amiibo bandwagon for games like MK8, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and especially Skyrim.

I would day one purchase Skyrim amiibo.

Top Bottom