• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

dafodeu

Yeah I always get Nintendo titles early from them. Got Pokemon Moon on like tuesday instead of friday

Man I need to switch to Best Buy for Everything, I didn't even get Pokemon Sun on release day got it Monday instead :( with Prime shipping.

Both my Switch and Zelda Special Edition both say "Not yet shipped" but they also still say "Arriving Friday."
Did yours ship already? I'm starting to get worried.

Nah, I honestly don't think there is cause for concern. Literally the fact that almost everyone both here and on Reddit are freaking out kinda proves to me that it's business as usual... I doubt everyone who ordered from Amazon is going to get screwed. They have been almost perfect on delivery dates, as long as they don't use ontrac, which it seems like they have phased out...

In the South Bay myself, no shipment yet but customer service has assured me (twice) that I'm getting mine on Friday.

South Bay as well.

Not worried one bit.

Although my Grey Switch from BestBuy hasn't shipped but my Neon one has which is strange.

Coming from different warehouses I assume?

Nia

Got an email from Amazon that 1 2 Switch and the screen protector have shipped together. Zelda and the Switch are still listed as shipping now. Still waiting on the email for them.

Is anyones accessories shipping out? I ordered the HORI screen protector and the black licensed carrying case but no shipping date or anything, just says releasing the 3rd. Wondering if I should just go to Best Buy on Friday and buy them locally since I'll be getting my Switch Friday afternoon..

Wallach

*UPS delivery scheduled for tomorrow - AMAZON*

PogChamp

*slams Amazon to see it is a bag of dog bones*

WutFace

WHY DID I ORDER THOSE FROM AMAZON THIS WEEK REEEEEEE

From what I can tell, retailers like target and Best Buy are getting a shit ton of walk in consoles, seems like Nintendo really wants to hit the ground running and meet demand this time. Given the amount of Best Buy's and targets here in San Francisco alone, I kinda feel like there's a pretty decent shot to walk in and grab one... I don't think people are going to be lining up around the block on a Friday morning, it's not a PlayStation or Xbox launch. In the general populations eyes, Nintendo hasn't been knocking it out of the park lately. Just a thought I guess... might try to grab a neon for my gf at midnight

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
Walmart changed from undefined to Arriving now. Also shows thats its proccessing.

LcIwJ7K.png

finalflame

From what I can tell, retailers like target and Best Buy are getting a shit ton of walk in consoles, seems like Nintendo really wants to hit the ground running and meet demand this time. Given the amount of Best Buy's and targets here in San Francisco alone, I kinda feel like there's a pretty decent shot to walk in and grab one... I don't think people are going to be lining up around the block on a Friday morning, it's not a PlayStation or Xbox launch. In the general populations eyes, Nintendo hasn't been knocking it out of the park lately. Just a thought I guess... might try to grab a neon for my gf at midnight

I canceled my preorder, but if they have walk-ins when I go to BB tomorrow night I'll pick one up, just to support Nintendo actually supplying these. Also Bay Area, and there's not usually that much movement at my local BB in the South Bay.

Has anyone in SoCal gotten any movement from Amazon? It just says it'll be delivered by Friday at 8pm and it's preparing the order. Hasn't shipped and I haven't been charged yet.

Got

Banned
Has anyone in SoCal gotten any movement from Amazon? It just says it'll be delivered by Friday at 8pm and it's preparing the order. Hasn't shipped and I haven't been charged yet.

not on the regular BotW version or the grey console. Master Edition shipped though

UD`

Neo Member
Did anyone get a shipping notice from walmart.com ? I am kind of paranoid now because they did not charge tax :/

I canceled my preorder, but if they have walk-ins when I go to BB tomorrow night I'll pick one up, just to support Nintendo actually supplying these. Also Bay Area, and there's not usually that much movement at my local BB in the South Bay.

You talking Colma? That's where I was thinking, but it was a shitshow on Black Friday. I guess it's a completely different situation though. If I can't get one midnight I may just get Zelda digital on wiiU to play in the meantime...

Posts on Twitter of calls to Amazon tonight. They have not even got the delivery of Switch systems in yet. Expected to ship on Friday now.

Hah, not really, but thanks for genuinely replying. I'm just thirsty AF and have exhausted most of the mainstream preview/review content. Enjoy it though!

Edit: If you get the chance, I'm still trying to find out if you can output sound through the 3.5mm jack while the system is docked. That said, don't go out of your way. Assuming Amazon actually ships on time we're all only two days away.

Not sure if it has been answered, but It does indeed output sounds through the 3.5mm while the system is docked.

North County San Diego here. Nothing. Two separate orders of regular Zelda and Grey Switch, both saying expected to ship today. It's 10PM lol.

Erv

Amazon emailed me back and they said Thank you for contacting Amazon and for being a Prime Member.

I checked your order and you have guaranteed delivery set for March 3, 2017. Your order should be shipping very soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today... I'll stop being so anxious

finalflame

You talking Colma? That's where I was thinking, but it was a shitshow on Black Friday. I guess it's a completely different situation though. If I can't get one midnight I may just get Zelda digital on wiiU to play in the meantime...
Mountain View, which in my experience doesn't get all that insane. Can't be bothered to venture too far off, and that's where I have all my BoTW Amiibos and my WiiU copy preordered for 9pm pickup.

Everyone freaks the fuck out for every large release because of how Amazon handles their logistics. They have warehouses all over the country and use a bunch of different carriers, including their own local delivery service in some areas. If there's one thing Amazon knows it's logistics. Barring some REALLY rare fuck up, you will get your Switch when Amazon says you will. Calm down.

majik13

Well my screen protector and case shipped from Amazon, but not the Switch or Zelda. Those are the ones I need! Still says coming friday, so not really worried....yet.

yami4ct

My amazon order of a Switch+Zelda just shipped via USPS so they clearly got some in to some warehouses.

Michigan here. Shipped out of NJ.

Zelda shipped from Amazon but the Switch itself has not moved from "not yet shipped" even thought it says it was supposed to be shipped today.

Hopefully this changes tomorrow.

Mines the opposite. Waiting on Amazon for Zelda to ship so BB might get my Switch here a day before I have the game to play lol.

Though I'm not worried for it to be later than Friday yet as very often Amazon will ship the day before and it still gets here on time.

Mountain View, which in my experience doesn't get all that insane. Can't be bothered to venture too far off, and that's where I have all my BoTW Amiibos and my WiiU copy preordered for 9pm pickup.

Everyone freaks the fuck out for every large release because of how Amazon handles their logistics. They have warehouses all over the country and use 5 different carriers, including their own local delivery service in some areas. If there's one thing Amazon knows it's logistics. Barring some REALLY rare fuck up, you will get your Switch when Amazon says you will. Calm down.

Are they doing a 9pm for switch? I heard it was midnight no matter where, but I thought that was a bit strange given how everything is usually 9pm... also, yeah MTV BB is a good call, I used to work down there, and that was one of the most empty Best Buy's I had ever seen.

UD`

Neo Member
Here is mine, BB already shipped the Pro Controller I ordered and walmart is saying arrives by March 8th? ugh..and they didn't charge tax so who knows if it will get cancelled.
Screenshot_from_2017_03_02_01_02_48_1.png

Akoi

Anyone have any luck with their HORI Compact Playstand shipping from amazon? I ordered mine on the 8th and I have no ship date..

I see how it now says if you order one it will take 4-6 weeks.

Persona7

Banned
Are they doing a 9pm for switch? I heard it was midnight no matter where, but I thought that was a bit strange given how everything is usually 9pm... also, yeah MTV BB is a good call, I used to work down there, and that was one of the most empty Best Buy's I had ever seen.

Nintendo does not allow ANY sales before 12:01am local time.

Ugh knew it. Amazon split my order for the playstand separately and now it says delivery pending. I ordered it while it was still in stock too. Sigh.

Akoi

Ugh knew it. Amazon split my order for the playstand separately and now it says delivery pending. I ordered it while it was still in stock too. Sigh.

The Hori one right? Yeah I ordered mine on the 8th and nothing... I wonder if I could find it locally or something..

greelay

yeah, having held one they are kind of... idunno they are really a big waste of plastic.

I agree. But I think someone said that the reason they are so tall is because they are replacing the wii u games and they need to fill the shelf space accordingly. Not a particularly great excuse, but I think that is the rationale.

Top Bottom