• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

When did you order? CS reps are being told this
EtnqW0q.png

Nice, I ordered last night too but mine still says undefined March 3rd.

Alt1Phc.png

Ordered Jan 12th. Showing "arriving by Mar. 9th." Earlier stated "undefined by Mar. 9"

Ship to store btw.

RikuDawn

If I try checking the tracking on Amazon now, it says "shipping soon" instead of "expecting to ship March 1". So, I mean at least they're not pretending it was somehow going to ship on March 1st after it had already become the 2nd.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Status changed to "Arriving tomorrow by 8pm"

Is that just a fancy new way to say Friday? Still ain't shipped yet.

If you notice the green bar now also says "shipping soon" when before it was estimated date of March 1st. Not sure if this has changed for everyone, but thats what my Zelda SE is showing now.

I have other preorders on amazon that don't say shipping soon on that status bar, just estimated ship dates that I know are wrong.

RikuDawn and tbro777 too quick for me hah

iBLUBlQ.png

Skeletos311

What's up with Amazon Pro controller orders coming on Tuesday? I supposed that means they're shipping on Monday. I'm just going to try and get one at GameStop on Friday if it hasn't shipped yet.

My amiibos say shipping today.

If I try checking the tracking on Amazon now, it says "shipping soon" instead of "expecting to ship March 1". So, I mean at least they're not pretending it was somehow going to ship on March 1st after it had already become the 2nd.

Mine says the same thing if I click on order details or track but on the orders page it still shows "Not yet shipped"

Flandy

Amazon order still hasn't shipped :x Live in SoCal though so maybe they'll just overnight it since I'm probably an hour or 2 away from a distribution center

RikuDawn

Mine says the same thing if I click on order details or track but on the orders page it still shows "Not yet shipped"
On the orders page, mine's been on "shipping today" for hours (started back when it was still the first). But only just now did the tracking change from "expecting to ship March 1" to "shipping soon".

On the orders page, mine's been on "shipping today" for hours (started back when it was still the first). But only just now did the tracking change from "expecting to ship March 1" to "shipping soon".

Mine has shown Not yet shipped all day and the bar just changed from Expected to ship Mar.1 to Shipping soon. My Zelda: Master Edition shipped 4.5 hours ago.
My Wal-mart pre-order just updated from Order Placed to Processing. Ship to store says arrived by Mar. 9

R0ckman

My Zelda and Switch still have the stupid "Not Shipped Yet" status. Progress bar says "shipping soon" though. I'm assuming no need to panic? The statues don't seem 100% accurate. Some of stuff that shipped already just had "pre-ordered" or something that didnot tell me it was being prepared to be shipped.

All my other stuff is on the way via UPS, thank god.

Nia

Just got an email that Zelda shipped. At last. Now the driver just needs to have the vision to find my house.

timshundo

I'm worried because, for whatever reason, Next day shipping to my office through Amazon fails 50% of the time. I must be at the total end of their route for the day and if they're running overtime they just say "fuck it" and deliver it the next day/after the weekend. AMAZON.........

//ARCANUM

Aw bummer. I had three UPS packages from Best Buy that were scheduled to deliver today, the 2nd (joycons, grip, amiibo), and now UPS or BB have rescheduled the delivery on all of them to the 3rd. And I checked the status and all three have made it to their "destination scan" in my city. Y u do dis?

mStudios

I DONT KNOW HOW,
But since I posted my picture here I received two emails with a zip files, telling me there was a problem with my shipment. Of course its fake. Just letting ya'll know

The got the picture either here or Imgur 'sold' my pictures to someone (because they're private).

Zarth

I'm worried because, for whatever reason, Next day shipping to my office through Amazon fails 50% of the time. I must be at the total end of their route for the day and if they're running overtime they just say "fuck it" and deliver it the next day/after the weekend. AMAZON.........

Depending on what delivery service drops stuff off for us in LA we've had a few instances where the drivers have flat out lied about trying to deliver the package.

Its usually with Amazon Fulfillment Services as shipping.

I hate UPS for this reason, everytime I'm waiting for a parcel from them it shows up just before the cut off of 8pm. Yesterday I had a package showing on a truck "out for delivery" at 5:20 am, it showed up on my doorstep at 7:51pm. 14.5 hours on a truck.

I don't see how it's physically possible to have that many packages and deliveries on one truck. Insult to injury, saw two UPS trucks in my complex within a half hour of each other around 1pm today.

Zarth

Smaller than expected.

Edit: Added more image. Sorry for the pictures. I have no skills in such.

Looks about right. I've seen some comparisons of it to a folded up New 3DS XL and the height and width were quite similar.

I like that packaging, doesn't look annoying to get stuff out.

Taxman

So I'm panicking a bit. I got BB in-store pickup, and the charge just came for it like all the others in this thread. It set off my credit card's anti-fraud algorithm. I immediately gave it the thumbs up but so far I don't see any changes when I check my order. CC lists payment as "pending". Anybody have experience with this? Am I going to be okay?

Zarth

I hate UPS for this reason, everytime I'm waiting for a parcel from them it shows up just before the cut off of 8pm. Yesterday I had a package showing on a truck "out for delivery" at 5:20 am, it showed up on my doorstep at 7:51pm. 14.5 hours on a truck.

I don't see how it's physically possible to have that many packages and deliveries on one truck. Insult to injury, saw two UPS trucks in my complex within a half hour of each other around 1pm today.

We get this too.

I suspect its because in LA UPS distributes from their DTLA center but that center covers most of the city.

When they are loading the trucks they aren't going "Lets stick all the packages from part of town on this truck". They are giving them packages in order received for processing and sending the drivers all criss cross around the city. The drivers are then working their way outwards from downtown.

//ARCANUM

FYI, this ad is showing up in the Amazon Prime Now app. Tapping it does nothing and searching for Nintendo Switch doesn't bring it up either. But they're showing it so they're probably gonna have Switches available some time on the 3rd through Prime Now.

Is this thread worthy?

e63cWjy.jpg

Jzero

FYI, this ad is showing up in the Amazon Prime Now app. Tapping it does nothing and searching for Nintendo Switch doesn't bring it up either. But they're showing it so they're probably gonna have Switches available some time on the 3rd through Prime Now.

Is this thread worthy?
No, its been there for a few days

Cerium

Is this thread worthy?

e63cWjy.jpg

That is definitely thread worthy.

Why Walmart, why.....?

The switch I preordered on Jan 13 still shows undefined by Mar 8 but the Zelda special edition I just ordered is now processing.

Not that processing means anything since I ordered some joycon and an amiibo on the 28th for delivery on the 3rd and it still processing.

ckfy63a

Unbelievable. I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch for in-store pick up from Best Buy mere moments after the Presentation ended. Soon after I placed the order, I got an email requesting new payment information since the authorization on my credit card failed. Turns out it was just a fraud department thing, re-entered the payment information and didn't hear from Best Buy at all since then...Couple days ago, I decided to check my order status on Best Buy's website; I noticed it says "Failed Authorization" under the card, but everything else looks fine. Slightly panicked, I call my local Best Buy, only to be reassured that my order was all set to go for the midnight launch; I had seen similar stories on GAF, so I didn't think much of it.

And then, 10 minutes ago, I get this shocker:

CdHqC4G.png

I'm pretty anxious right now...I can't get off work till like 11pm, so I had planned to just go in for the midnight launch and smoothly get my pre-order. I'll call Best Buy first thing in the morning, but I'm worried I'm screwed now...

RRockman

Banned
Unbelievable. I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch for in-store pick up from Best Buy mere moments after the Presentation ended. Soon after I placed the order, I got an email requesting new payment information since the authorization on my credit card failed. Turns out it was just a fraud department thing, re-entered the payment information and didn't hear from Best Buy at all since then...Couple days ago, I decided to check my order status on Best Buy's website; I noticed it says "Failed Authorization" under the card, but everything else looks fine. Slightly panicked, I call my local Best Buy, only to be reassured that my order was all set to go for the midnight launch; I had seen similar stories on GAF, so I didn't think much of it.

9Z5XPaA.png

I'm pretty anxious right now...I can't get off work till like 11pm, so I had planned to just go in for the midnight launch and smoothly get my pre-order. I'll call Best Buy first thing in the morning, but I'm worried I'm screwed now...

I'm sorry, that must really suck. Surely they must compensate you for this travesty.

ckfy63a

I'm sorry, that must really suck. Surely they must compensate you for this travesty.

Bleh. Funny, just as I got that email, I was writing a post on this thread asking if you guys thought Best Buy would let me switch
™
my pre-order to the Neon SKU...at this point, I'm hoping they let me do that as a form of apology.

sadromeo

CdHqC4G.png

oh man, I hope they can fix that situation. I am sorry that happened.

//ARCANUM

CdHqC4G.png

This is the worst. I'm so sorry this happened. In general, I always recommend people make multiple pre-orders for big items like this, because retailers pull this shit all the time. I know not everyone is able to do this, but when you can, you should (and I'm not trying to call you out specifically, just using this as an example). It sucks but with online preorders I feel like you need AT LEAST 2 to be safe. If I end up with extras, I'll just hook up friends or gaffers at MSRP or worst case - return them.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and I hope BB fixes it for you.

Top Bottom