• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

KevinG

My order from Amazon totally had to come through my neck of the woods to cross the state from the west coast to the opposite west coast.

I'm in southwest Florida, it shipping from Ruskin (an hour or two up the west coast) and crossed the state to he Miami area.

But why.

eroze

Neo Member
Amazon finally shipped.

I live in NYC and it's coming from MD and going UPS ground. No info on UPS other than "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" at 6:34PM.

Says scheduled for tomorrow but I'm still feeling paranoid :(
Sorry I just wanted to post this on the new page to see what you guys thought.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got my Neon Switch. No games were available!!! Ugh I don't trust Nintendo online stores.

SRTtoZ

It's sort of BS that the neon joy-cons I bought extra for $80 come with the hand strap rails but only in gray, not the color you bought, while Nintendo is charging extra for the colored rails. I figured these came without the rails but if they are including them might as well include the color you bought.

My order from Amazon totally had to come through my neck of the woods to cross the state from the west coast to the opposite west coast.

I'm in southwest Florida, it shipping from Ruskin (an hour or two up the west coast) and crossed the state to he Miami area.

But why.

I was so confused. East coast??

Anyhoo, it probably headed to the nearest DC to you. The trucks don't stop and make deliveries themselves, or pass product off to local carriers. That's all done via the DCs.

I have no idea where my Switch went. It left on a truck supposedly at 12 AM today, and hasn't shown up anywhere since. And the place it left from was only four hours away. It's been almost 24 hours and no updates to its location :C. Y'all, hold me.

The Argus

Sorry I just wanted to post this on the new page to see what you guys thought.

Wow, literally the same time I got my alerts, also from Maryland to NYC. But my launch PS4 and my Pro also shipped the night before launch day and both arrived on schedule. I wouldn't worry.

Edit: My CE GTA V back in the day shipped on launch day early morning and arrived at my workplace by 3pm.

Man, I'm really kinda pissed right now.

Preordered day 1,
May 2nd, just got charged earlier today,
Fed Ex shipping info, sent.

I pay for Prime, and the 15 bucks per for the switch and BotW extra so I could get priority fed ex,

Saying it just shipped and amazon is telling me it will be here on the 9th.

Wut....are you serious? USPS would have been the 9th, what am I paying for exactly?

I'm pretty not happy, oh and its shipping from Florida, as far away from me as possible..

Really dissapointed Amazon, much dissapoint.

Fotos

My Switch shipped from BB around 12 hours ago but the UPS tracking number still isn't activated. Sad!

It's only 5:40pm here though so maybe the gods will bless me with an unexpected late delivery.

SRTtoZ

Hehe! Can you take a pic of the system with the red joy cons?

Done

fQTinx8.jpg

Docked

psyfi

Banned
It's sort of BS that the neon joy-cons I bought extra for $80 come with the hand strap rails but only in gray, not the color you bought, while Nintendo is charging extra for the colored rails. I figured these came without the rails but if they are including them might as well include the color you bought.
Yup, totally agree. That's one of the only things I feel burned by with the Switch launch.

Nice, just checked my UPS tracking info and sure enough Amazon sent my Switch+Zelda via Next Day Air Saver. :)

Sorry for the people who's orders didn't work out. I've had zero issues with Amazon ever and I order from them about every week.

Placktor

Finally some movement on my breath of the wild guide. Says it will be coming march 8th. Nice I thought it would be way later then that.

tebunker

Banned
heads up! Wal-Mart price adjusted my Joycon Neons down a dollar and some change to price match some rando retailer, no complaints here, I usually don't like ole WM but I'll take whatever I can get back on Switchmas.

KevinG

I was so confused. East coast??

Anyhoo, it probably headed to the nearest DC to you. The trucks don't stop and make deliveries themselves, or pass product off to local carriers. That's all done via the DCs.

I have no idea where my Switch went. It left on a truck supposedly at 12 AM today, and hasn't shown up anywhere since. And the place it left from was only four hours away. It's been almost 24 hours and no updates to its location :C. Y'all, hold me.

I'm talking west coast of Florida. I'm on the west coast, and it shipped from the west coast, but it's now on the east coast. Very odd.

heads up! Wal-Mart price adjusted my Joycon Neons down a dollar and some change to price match some rando retailer, no complaints here, I usually don't like ole WM but I'll take whatever I can get back on Switchmas.

Mine were the same price but I ended up canceling them. Zelda amiibo possibly cannot be canceled.

StAidan

Finally, both my Switch and Zelda SE are confirmed for pickup from Best Buy tomorrow morning. Wish I'd had a way to snag them early like some of the folks here, but hey, I'll have them on launch day -- I guess that's good enough!

Things that have not shipped:

Zelda BotW Official Hardcover guide
Hori Compact Playstand
PDP Nintendo Switch Premium Console Case - Mario Edition

Anyone seen movement on any of these items?

atomsk

Party Pooper
glitch in the walmart system says payment information needs an update... even though I've already got a pending charge

called them up and they're aware of the problem said to give it "48 hours to fix'

uh... how about you ship my fucking system you clowns.

Pantz

vcUtMla.jpg

Man I changed the address a whole month ago. How does that lead to a problem in shipping? This will not please my
scalp victim
eBay buyer.

SRTtoZ

This looks good! They should of released three different switches: The gray, red, and green. Hate that they released the neon. Red makes much more sense, with the red switch logo.

The one cool thing about the Neon Switch is you can buy the offset Neon Joy-Con pack and have a pair of red and pair of blue right off the bat, but yea I can't stand the colors not matching :D

newsguy

For those doing Best Buy midnight launch, what's the protocol? I called to find out but they never answered. Sometimes they hand out numbers at 11pm. Other times they just let the line form and first come first serve. I'm hoping they have a separate line for the pre order crowd to get is in and out faster.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just called my Gamestop and everything is ready to go. I'll have my Switch, Zelda, and my hardcase by 12:01.

Almost time<3

So my switch from Amazon is less then 30 minutes at a UPS facility but it says scheduled delivery 3/6

What the actual fuck??! Why can't they deliver it tomrrow??

Top Bottom