• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

lutheran

I decided to go to support chat and this is the end of the conversation lol

Lady: Let me look into that for you. It will just take a few moments.
Me: ok thank you
Lady: You're most welcome, Anthony.
I'm sorry for the long wait, anthony.
Me: its ok
Lady: Upon checking here on my end that the fulfillment center of your order is 2 hours long way on your address. So that they still not yet ships your order and you still not received an email for the tracking of your order they preparing to deliver your order already.'
Me: So that means I will get the 2 items by tomorrow night still yes?
Lady: yes my dear, Anthony.

DNAbro

It shipped so I'm feeling

giphy.gif

Wallach

It STILL says it's preparing to ship and it'll be here by 8pm tomorrow... but it hasn't shipped. Amazon!

Me too.

I just got off chat with Amazon who swears my Master Edition BotW - which hasn't even been charged yet - is definitely still getting here tomorrow.

We'll see I guess.

It's now 920 pm and I just noticed there are no preorders showing in the gamestop app. Gonna assume it's nothing to worry about, but they better not have fucked up my in store preorder somehow.

RaidenZR

Amazon has had my Switch console and the Charge Grip sitting in "Shipping Now" status since 8 AM. Still says I get it Friday by 8pm but I've never seen an item sit this long in this status. Austin TX, btw- curious if anyone else is experiencing the same stress?

Persona7

Banned
It STILL says it's preparing to ship and it'll be here by 8pm tomorrow... but it hasn't shipped. Amazon!

This is normal in my experience. I've had orders entered into the system at 11PM and still arrive early in the morning the next day from across the country. Maybe start worrying if it's 1AM and no progress yet.

psyfi

Banned
Yall are just torturing yourselves checking the status every few minutes. I don't get it. Go play some games, read a book, hang with some friends!

Biske

So my switch from Amazon is less then 30 minutes at a UPS facility but it says scheduled delivery 3/6

What the actual fuck??! Why can't they deliver it tomrrow??

Im betting they will, will update soon and things will be good.

Mine was set as the 6th for a while despite being in my city, no more than an hour away.

Then it flipped over to tomorrow.

modsbox

Two switches ordered, one from Best Buy, one from Target.

Both have shipped today, ETA for one is Monday and the other one doesn't have an ETA yet.

I suppose I shouldn't have anticipated release day delivery for something I preordered two months in advance, but the fact that I'm getting everything else (the games, the pro controller, the screen guards) before either system is disappointing.

I guess it's my fault for not buying on Amazon, but given that they refused to pricematch _themselves_ on my PS4 Pro purchase means I won't buy hardware from them ever again.

Im betting they will, will update soon and things will be good.

Mine was set as the 6th for a while despite being in my city, no more than an hour away.

Then it flipped over to tomorrow.

I really hope so. It makes no sense that it took 12 hours to go from phx to Salt Lake and now it's going to take 2 buisness days to go 30 mins

Biske

If you pay $8, you can get a 2-hour time window.

Funny thing is it updated and gave me a window from like 1 to 4, but I can still pay the 8 bucks to get a 2 hour window inside of that. Hilarious.

I really hope so. It makes no sense that it took 12 hours to go from phx to Salt Lake and now it's going to take 2 buisness days to go 30 mins

I'm in salt lake too. For a minute I was thinking 'You folks really gonna keep it in SLC til Monday?" The updates are just terrible. I've never had a problem with Amazon though, every time I've gotten release day shipping (2 day) they've made it work, even if they give me a "it just shipped!" email the night before

almost 10pm Amazon has not yet shipped my Switch

I hope it is a website effort because I doubt I'll get my hardware tomorrow if it really did not ship today

So basically I won't be getting a Switch tonight because I didn't preorder a console on day one and could t for months and months afterward. Fuck Nintendo.

Fotos

So been shipped from BB for around 13 hours and UPS still doesn't have my tracking details.

Should I be worried?

Funny thing is it updated and gave me a window from like 1 to 4, but I can still pay the 8 bucks to get a 2 hour window inside of that. Hilarious.

I'm in salt lake too. For a minute I was thinking 'You folks really gonna keep it in SLC til Monday?" The updates are just terrible. I've never had a problem with Amazon though, every time I've gotten release day shipping (2 day) they've made it work, even if they give me a "it just shipped!" email the night before

You are giving me hope but my console did ship ground vs. my master edition that says 3/3 at the same facility shipped 2nd day.

oatmeal

Banned
Waited at Walmart for an hour in store pick up. My order for pickup tomorrow says "undefined". They say card was declined (the fraud protection is super harsh on this card) and so I won't be getting my Neon anymore. No warning. Nothing in my account about th card.

Fuck you Walmart.

Yeah, I was 2:30 - 6:30, and paid $8 to do 2:30 - 4:30.
I should've preordered at a store and done a midnight launch.

My Switch will definitely be here tomorrow, but ZeldaME still hasn't shipped even though it still says it'll be here tomorrow. I'm starting to enter panic mode

Biske

You are giving me hope but my console did ship ground vs. my master edition that says 3/3 at the same facility shipped 2nd day.

Mine says ground too, I'm sure yours will be fine. I cant imagine UPS bungling some switch orders and not others all in the same state. Maybe you'll get it at 8 PM , but I bet youll get it tomorrow just fine

Yeah, I was 2:30 - 6:30, and paid $8 to do 2:30 - 4:30.
I should've preordered at a store and done a midnight launch.

Highway robbery. Basically the full shipping price all over again, just to tighten the window.

mindatlarge

My GameStop is like a mile from my apartment, about to head over in about an hour and get in on the festivities and wait it out until midnight. So ready.

Mine says ground too, I'm sure yours will be fine. I cant imagine UPS bungling some switch orders and not others all in the same state. Maybe you'll get it at 8 PM , but I bet youll get it tomorrow just fine

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'll keep an eye on it and hope for the best. This stuff stresses me out.

wowzors

Does anyone know about gamestop online orders and returning them to a store?

I have a pro controller I tried cancelling like 5 times but its arriving tomorrow. I want to return it but sm not sure if i can to a store.

Tidalwave

Does anyone know about gamestop online orders and returning them to a store?

I have a pro controller I tried cancelling like 5 times but its arriving tomorrow. I want to return it but sm not sure if i can to a store.
As an ex employee you sure can. Bring the receipt and don't open it.

Glix

At gamestop (ny) just did my final ring up now i gotta kill two hours.

They didnt get my pre ordered hybrid cover in. :-(

They are about to do a smash tourney, thats cool of them

I just want my console and to go home lol, im tired as hell! When did i get so old?

rhino2627

Neo Member
Man I'm beginning to think that UPS has lost my Switch order.

I'm in Denver, CO. This morning my package left Oakland, CA and arrived in Louisville, KY. Then it was shipped to Chicago, then departed. Very long way for a package to get to Colorado.

No clue where it's going next, but beginning to think I won't get it tomorrow.

Fury Sense

hoping they come early tomorrow. am in san francisco

Best Buy just updated to In Transit (currently in Fresno)

Amazon sticking with arrival by 8pm tomorrow

Fotos

hoping they come early tomorrow. am in san francisco

Best Buy just updated for to In Transit (currently in Fresno)

Amazon sticking with arrival by 8pm tomorrow

Did you order your Switch on Best Buy? And when did it ship? Cause I'm in the Bay Area too.

So basically I won't be getting a Switch tonight because I didn't preorder a console on day one and could t for months and months afterward. Fuck Nintendo.

I would find a Walmart, Target, or Best Buy.

If you really want one it just takes a little more work.

Funny thing is last night I walked by the Nintendo World store just to see the line of campers trying to be the first to get a Switch but just a few blocks down the street there is a huge Best Buy on 5th Avenue without campers that opens at the same time 9am. No lines no fuss.

I don't think it will be that hard if you are there at a store people forgot existed.

Top Bottom