• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

So should I be worried that my Switch hasn't left the "processing" part for the BestBuy in store pick up but my game did like 10 hours ago? :/ I feel like I'm probably overreacting or over worrying, but just really nervous lol

Guys if you live in an area that can get same day/overnight deliveries from Amazon, they are gonna ship it then between tonight and early tomorrow morning.

Ok I'm ready.

DOOM, Last Guardian, Zelda...good taste!

Best Buy just confirmed that my whole order (Switch, Zelda, Pro Controller, eShop card) are ready to go tomorrow. Now to sleep...a little scotchy-poo might help.

Probably the most excited I've been about a game since Vanquish.

Edit: Seriously considering the midnight launch.

mews

Neo Member
stopped by GameStop in Union Square and said a friendly "good luck" to everyone in line haha. the moment is upon us!! delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

dafodeu

Entirely anecdotal I know, but I'm going to my gamestop's midnight launch with 3 of my friends who are all picking up their switch preorders (mine is coming tomorrow from amazon).....and none of them bought a WiiU. I've been the only one with it the whole time providing occasional multiplayer nights.

It really feels like it's not just the diehards this time...everyone else is checking back in

What is the reason your friends decided on a switch? Do they like the portability option? Did they own 3ds? I skipped Wii U but have bought like 4 3ds systems over the lifetime lol.

SRTtoZ

The Switch is much smaller in person, its adorable! But in a non Nintendo way it feels very QUALITY and so do the Joy-cons. Super sexy.

dolabla

Wal-Mart finally just shipped my Official Case+Screen Protector.

Same here. Tracking isn't showing anything, but it says it will arrive tomorrow. I have one pre-ordered on Amazon too, but it said it's not gonna arrive until Tuesday. Gonna try and cancel it.

How so? By showing off the impressive feat of shipping a bunch of consoles for free in less than a day?

I heard earlier that retailers can be fined by Nintendo for customers receiving pre-ordered products early. I know that when stuff like this is shipped through FedEx, there's big bright warning labels on all the packages saying they cannot be sold until a certain date.

Amazon's just guaranteeing the least amount of early deliveries as possible. While that's not really a plus for the hyped up Switch fanboy, that's generally a good thing for the already poor Amazon / Nintendo relationship.

Yeah as much as I would like to have a Switch a day early, Amazon is doing well here. As anxious as this experience made me I'll likely continue to use them for console preorders.

hoserx

I'm going to scream GAF out a few times to see if any gaffers are at my best buy tonight. System is shipped, arriving tomorrow, but I have to pick up zelda / try to get a pro controller!

Big Brett

Mine still says preparing for shipment on Amazon, still expected tomorrow. Stress level midnight over here. My loins need Zelda.

CronoShot

Does the pro controller have a headphone jack? I feel like getting one would be smart given the joycon issues some are having, but I'm hoping it has a headphone jack to hear game audio too.

Magwik

Banned
I already have a switch preordered at gamestop, but I am at best buy now at 715 pm scoping out the situation. Theres already at least 10 people camped out, its 30 degrees, breezy, and heavy snowfall.

Michiganders dgaf.

I have never been more glad to take a bit of a monetary hit for a system to not have to deal with this shit.

lutheran

Mine still says preparing for shipment on Amazon, still expected tomorrow. Stress level midnight over here. My loins need Zelda.

Seriously, 8pm and no shipped notification. They charged my card earlier today but still saying preparing for shipping delivery tomorrow by 8pm. Long Island NY BTW.

Wilde

Just got my Zelda Special Edition early from Amazon! This thing is huge! (Horizon for scale, lol)

But of course, my Switch isn't coming until tomorrow afternoon! So this is just a huge tease that's going to make the wait even more agonizing!

WMZZx9G.jpg

Persona7

Banned
I work from home tomorrow so I hope my stuff gets here early. It will probably get here at 8 PM though.

Depends on your location and proximity to businesses with UPS services compared to the couriers route... I usually get packages at 9AM because I am pretty far from the UPS distribution center and also close to a office building that ships and receives a ton of stuff every day so they have priority service.

Drove by my Best Buy on the way home around 7 and there were already 10 people lined up. Just decided to pick mine up in the morning, I'm too old and it's too cold for this shit!

Big Brett

Seriously, 8pm and no shipped notification. They charged my card earlier today but still saying preparing for shipping delivery tomorrow by 8pm. Long Island NY BTW.

I'm from Southeastern MA, I'd wager we're getting ours from the same shipping facility, so that makes me feel a bit better.

JMY86

I finally got a shipping update and my order is out of the Baltimore Triangle and at a Amazon facility about about 45 minutes from my apartment. Good news...
GBVCxsf.jpg

TheUsual

Gold Member
Anyone who ordered a Switch from GameStop get told via the tracking info a signature is required? Saw that when I looked at my tracking info. Sucks as I'm going to be at work during the delivery window, but was lucky to let them know to deliver elsewhere so I can still pick it up.

muu

Walmart giving me the runaround about why Neon preorder (from 2 days ago) isn't shipping.

Target order for grey shipped due 3/6. It's shipping out from Target distribution center at a town 10mi away, so there's a chance I'll be able to get it tomorrow...

th4tguy

Gs just shipped my pro controller but says it'll arrive Monday. I'll see if Walmart has one tomorrow to buy and return the gs one once it arrives.

anyone ever think that some incompetent employee is going to sell your pre-order to someone else?

jesus christ... I have a pre-order that's confirmed for pickup and somehow I'm still paranoid

Top Bottom