• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kind of wishing I had preordered in-store for a midnight launch, but, off to sleep now I guess, knowing I'll have my Switch and Zelda in less than 18 hours.
Have fun, all.

zaff0796

Neo Member
While they haven't lost any of my packages shipped via AMZL, the people delivering them could care less about the packages. They constantly leave my packages outside the house, in the open for the world to see without even ringing the doorbell or knocking on the door!
I, too, am receiving my Zelda via AMZL, tomorrow. Godspeed.

Good luck to you as well! I'm going to stay positive and just believe we'll end up getting our packages on time!

WadeitOut

While they haven't lost any of my packages shipped via AMZL, the people delivering them could care less about the packages. They constantly leave my packages outside the house, in the open for the world to see without even ringing the doorbell or knocking on the door!
I, too, am receiving my Zelda via AMZL, tomorrow. Godspeed.

They COULD care less? So they put care into it. That's great.

Nialrot

Debating picking my pre-order at BB at midnight or tomorrow morning. I have to work tomorrow and if I get the Switch and BotW tonight, I won't sleep..... Decisions....

Had the same decision to make as well. Just finished watching Logan with the wife and going to suck it up and go to bed. Maybe work a half day and then off to BB later in the day!

Hope I can sleep... :(

Good luck to all the people waiting for the midnight release.

I really should just wait until tomorrow but nobody did a midnight release for Wii u around here. Haven't done one since wii. Figure it's worth it just to say I have it at launch.

traveler

Not Wario
What do you guys think my best shot at getting the SE Zelda, not the Master Sword edition, is tonight? Walmart? Switch is preordered and ready at Best Buy but I don't have the game ordered yet.

Damn preorder has a tracking number and says it shipped but still has no status from UPS going more than 10 hours now. Still says it's delivering tomorrow but I don't see how unless it's a local fulfillment center.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Getting really annoyed by this. My Zelda SE is:

Arriving tomorrow by 8pm
Preparing for Shipment

Talk about the 11th hour. I've been having numerous little issues with Amazon the past few months and if this gets messed up, it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Dineren

Banned
Is Best Buy pretty quick processing orders at a midnight launch? I drove by my local BB on they way to the grocery store and the line looked pretty long with 2 1/2 hours to go. Might just wait and pick it up tomorrow if I'm going to be in line an hour waiting to pick it up.

Kyzer

Banned
Dont you mean buy it and then sell your unopened copy?

Is there a normal retail copy of zelda inside the special edition?

Also, my pro controller and zelda have shipped from gamestop (separate order) but my console has not. I think i was in tier one, what gives! Did i screw myself by changing shipping to overnight a couple weeks ago?

watershed

Banned
When Amazon says "will be delivered by 8pm" the package usually arrives well before 8pm right? I'm having my Switch sent to my work and no one will be around at 8pm. We usually get our packages around noon so that's what I'm counting on.

Crazyorloco

Debating picking my pre-order at BB at midnight or tomorrow morning. I have to work tomorrow and if I get the Switch and BotW tonight, I won't sleep..... Decisions....

Same here, luckily I work later in the day tomorrow. So tempted. Charging up my battery pack now.

Getting really annoyed by this. My Zelda SE is:

Arriving tomorrow by 8pm
Preparing for Shipment

Talk about the 11th hour. I've been having numerous little issues with Amazon the past few months and if this gets messed up, it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Same for my console. Just says "Preparing for Shipment".

So.. getting closer to the midnight launch now. And still no change from "Pre-ordered"/"processing" on my Switch on BestBuy.com. Zelda game is though. I swear, gonna be so upset if I can't get my Switch tonight for some dumb reason lol

BooJoh

When Amazon says "will be delivered by 8pm" the package usually arrives well before 8pm right? I'm having my Switch sent to my work and no one will be around at 8pm. We usually get our packages around noon so that's what I'm counting on.

Depends on how far you are from the delivery truck's homebase. I usually get my UPS deliveries around noon to 3pm even though I'm around 50 miles away and they head out around 5am.

CzarTim

If Amazon Now puts up some consoles for my area tonight, will they show up on the normal Switch page or the Amazon Now page?

Olimar

Neo Member
Wow at Amazon shipping all of these at the literal last second. I feel bad for the UPS workers who will have to deliver all of these tomorrow.

Merry Switchmas!

aka_bueno

If Amazon Now puts up some consoles for my area tonight, will they show up on the normal Switch page or the Amazon Now page?

Amazon Now is its own thing with it's own separate inventory so you'll need to be on the specific Amazon Prime Now website or the separate Amazon Now app.

God damn, I convinced myself AMZL was going to work out fine and now you guys have me worried again.

Maybe I should just go to my house after I start work and wait for delivery, because fuck them if they refuse to leave a package without someone present like the one other time they delivered to my house. I'm basically stuck working like 10-12 hours all weekend so it'd never end up arriving.

It's really well built. The base is really heavy probably 4 pounds. The details are superb and the Master Sword is not bent like in the Treehouse livestream.

30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

All Amazon Switch, BB Switch, Zelda SE and Joy-Cons are scheduled to arrive tomorrow to SoCal. Lucked out and all items were shipped via UPS except one which was FedEx. They're all showing up in the MyUPS window schedule for launch day.

jlscool

Just found out from GameStop that my charging station is not going to be available until the end of the month. I bought a second set of joy-cons and now I can't charge them all at the same time... At least not yet. I wonder if I should just change to a charging grip.

joeposh

My Amazon order finally shipped. Think they may have sat on it because I live pretty close to a distribution center, but it should still be here by COB tomorrow.

Rockman

Gamestop

Got a tracking number for Zelda Master Edition but still no tracking for the console. They've placed two successful holds on my card and no payment error emails. This anxiety is real :(

Cancelled mine. I'll get one in a store to hold off till my Waterfield

Great case though.

I've been been keeping an eye on the Waterfield case thread and they do look pretty great. I think if I find myself in need of a case that carries everything I'll splurge and look into getting their large case.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well bros, headed to Best Buy now, which is in a shitty part of town. Pray for my safe and fruitful return, plz.

Top Bottom