• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

tehbible

At least 70 -90extras, excluding the preorders

They still have a lot of tickets to hand out, and everybody here already bought it

They also had a shit load of pro controllers

hmm.. 70-90 doesn't seem like much then. i'm sure some people got turned away correct?

does receiving a ticket mean you secured one?

Soroc

At least 70 -90extras, excluding the preorders

They still have a lot of tickets to hand out, and everybody here already bought it

They also had a shit load of pro controllers

I can back up this statement at my best buy too. Everyone who lined up w/o preorder (estimating about 75 ppl) and they still have like 20 or so fliers available for ppl. Ppl are still rolling in righf now and able to grab a system.

C5989AqUsAQTVJ_.jpg:large

FINALLY ToT

edit; oops how to i make the image smaller.
edit 2; heh jk

Heysoos

At my Best Buy, we had like 70 extra on black alone and like 30 for the other, only ~20 some people in line when I left an hour ago.

Just got to my Best Buy a couple of minutes ago, and I'm surprised at how many people are here. Was expecting only about 30 or so, but there's well over 50.

I used to live in Nashua and during the amiibo hype there were a handful of scalpers who were there all the time (for those not in the know, Nashua is right over the MA border and has no sales tax, so it's popular shopping destination for Mass folks) so I'm kinda shocked there's plenty of stock.

In here at Nashua BB with my non-preorder ticket in hand. Decided last minute to get one.

Oh and Pro Controller in hand.

Key2001

Anyone on Amazon still not shipped yet? I was charged and it still says tomorrow by 8

Mine still hasn't shipped and also stills says tomorrow by 8. However, at this point, I don't have much confidence that it will arrive tomorrow.

Gleethor

Sitting quietly in my living room waiting for amazon to bring me my Switch in 12ish hours. Hope everyone has fun at their launches and best of luck to those there without a preorder

psyfi

Banned
I tried setting UPS to let me pick up the package tomorrow instead of having to wait for it. Unfortunately trying to do that wouldn't let me pick it up until Monday. :(
I've learned to go with in store pick-up for releases I'm really anticipating. I hate that feeling of waiting around all day for Amazon, not knowing when they're going to arrive (if at all).

Sorry you can't get it sooner, but just try and keep yourself busy and the time will fly by. :)

led4lyfe

Drove past my local Best Buy around 10pm and the line was extremely long. Stay warm out there people!!! My amazon order has shipped and should be receiving tomorrow with Zelda. Probably will walk into the Best Buy tomorrow and see what's left over for accessories.

Thankfully my Amazon orders of the Switch and Zelda shipped on time and are expected to arrive at my office tomorrow.

On the other hand, Best Buy shipped out my other Switch late AF and it's not expected to arrive until next Monday. Not really an issue for me but does anyone know if complaining will get me anything? If that we're my only preorder I would be livid.

careksims

Oh wow. I'm surprised that Pro Controller shipped from Amazon and it's coming in tomorrow! It originally had it for Mar 7th.

Now I just need the Switch to ship! C'moooooooon!

Miraculously, got a ship notification from gamestop earlier today.

Will be here Saturday or Monday, either way is fine because I'll play Nier Automata until it arrives.

psyfi

Banned
Heading out in 20 minutes. 11 pm down here. Going with a jacket and gloves. Only 50 degrees down here but cold enough I'm not taking chances
Yeah, thankfully it's a warm night here in Portland. Looks like I should be able to avoid the rain too, though that's always a gamble. I have a 25ish minute bike ride home, but I have a waterproof backpack, so my goods will be fine. I'll just throw my clothes in the dryer when I get home and curl into bed and play some Zelda. :)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wow, only myself and two others preordered the Neon. Huge crowd for grey.

Just got home and I'm hyped to set it up! The GameStop employees were dressed as Link and Mario.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
For those who preordered at Best Buy, did yall just show up at midnight and wait in a different line to pickup? I drove past there after work and saw about 30+ people outside, dont really want to wait for all of them before I pickup...maybe ill get it tomorrow morning.

Mrbob

So what Micro SD card are people going with? Not necessarily concerned with just the highest capacity at lowest price. If a higher speed card matters I'd pay extra for it.

Top Bottom