• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Xerotwo

Yep, as one who ordered from Walmart that night, hasn't changed its status from "undefined" even though there's a pending charge on my bank account.

Now I don't know if they are going to ship on launch day.

C'mon Wally World, why do you do this???

Wow at Amazon shipping all of these at the literal last second. I feel bad for the UPS workers who will have to deliver all of these tomorrow.

Merry Switchmas!

They shipped mine ground and it says it won't be here until Monday.

Master edition shipped 2nd day. Will be here on time

Unless something changes with the switch order it's going to sit at SLC even though my zelda left the same facility just now.

uggghhh

When Amazon says "will be delivered by 8pm" the package usually arrives well before 8pm right? I'm having my Switch sent to my work and no one will be around at 8pm. We usually get our packages around noon so that's what I'm counting on.

Depends solely on the carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc). It is possible it may not come until 8pm. If your packages normally come around noon, you'll almost certainly be fine though.

I'm not sure how it works with a work address unfortunately, but if it's UPS you can sign up for a MyUPS account and then you get a much more accurate delivery window. The reason this may not work for a business is that typically the MyUPS account works by tying the account to an address (so if a package is on its way to you, you get notified -- obviously you don't want to get notified anytime any package gets delivered to your work!). I'm not seeing the same thing on FedEx. The only thing you could do if it was FedEx is use their delivery manager and pay $10 to have it show up in a 2 hour window of your choice. Looking at my order, it's too late to do that at this point sadly, so you'll probably just need to roll the dice and hope for the best. You'll very likely be fine though since you said it normally comes at noon.

Alexadroog

Neo Member
So I'm at Wal-Mart waiting for the midnight hour. Asked about my switch when I got here. They have two both were preorders. The guy asks for my reciept and everything checks out. He says the launch isn't until thr 7th but i can pick mine up at midnight since I preordered. Just found it kind of weird. I hope i can get a copy of zelda when I go to pay off my switch. They said there were only two in "security". I'm thinkning there are more stuff in the back in another place other than "security". Just thought I would share my experience so far. It case it helps.

Look Amazon, I know you are scared of breaking street dates, but it's fucking 11 PM. You can ship my stuff out to me and I'm pretty sure it won't be here before the 3rd.

newarrior

2 charging grips - delivered today, at work
set of Joy cons - shipped today by Best Buy, arriving ???
Switch, 2 pro controller, Limited Edition Zelda, Bomberman - ready for pick up at Best Buy in under 4 hours

I'm ready!

Sure am feeling good about preordering four systems. My in person Gamestop one is a lock, as is my online in-store pickup Best Buy (hopefully). Looks like Amazon and Walmart in-store aren't going to make it on release day, but I'll still have a system for me and a system for my brother.

zaryn

My Amazon order shipped at 8:30 and almost 2 hours later is sitting in a carrier facility in Orlando, FL. Should arrive before 8 PM tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day of work...

antonz

GameStop is starting to freak me out with my master edition still just being listed as order created on ups site.

Could be UPS. Amazon shipped my Master Edition at 5 pm. Said shipment info sent for 4 hours obviously making me wonder. Then all of a sudden a few mins ago it updated and the package was already halfway across the country even though the last update was UPS hadn't even received the package yet

I did get tracking information from BestBuy and Amazon. Rerouted to get picked up at the local facility. Should be able to get it this morning around 8a instead of waiting until end of day.

Wow, Amazon still hasn't shipped. Luckily I'm getting on at Best Buy, and the Amazon one I'm selling to my cousin. Still, it's insane that it still hasn't shipped.

Neo_Geo

Banned
whats the likelihood of me being able to grab a switch from my local best buy if i stroll in like an hour before midnight?

If my Best Buy is anything to go by its 25 minutes before midnight and there's about 50 people here. No idea on stock numbers or how many people are planning on trying their luck without a preorder.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Finally broke down and talked to Amazon CS via chat about my "preparing for shipment" Zelda SE.

Me: This is expected arrive on tomorrow, but has not shipped. Just making sure it will actually be shipped and arrive as scheduled.
You are now connected to Tamar from Amazon.com
Tamar: Hello,thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com chat support, my name is Tamar. I will be more than happy to help you with this.May I have the name, order number and email address on the account please?
Me: *info given*
Tamar: Thank you. May I have a minute or two to check on this for you?
Me: Sure, thank you
Tamar: Thank you for holding. I've done some checks and I have seen here that the order will be shipped out soon and be delivered tomorrow as promised, if not received please have us contacted.
Me: Okay, thank you for checking up on that for me
Tamar: You are very much welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. Have an Excellent Night! Please click the "END CHAT" link at the top right hand corner of this window to close the chat.

So, I guess the waiting continues. I use Amazon a lot and I do have six fulfillment centers in my state, but this is the latest I've seen something ship for arrival the next day.

Ultime

Banned
Well, my three orders shipped, hopefully here tomorrow. First console brought on launch day.

I blame an old co-worker....

akileese

whats the likelihood of me being able to grab a switch from my local best buy if i stroll in like an hour before midnight?

Based on what I've seen on twitter and other various reports, not very likely. It seems like people started lining up early afternoon and after work. I haven't gone for the pick up yet but I'll be heading out in a bit, mostly out of curiosity to check the lines.

Bullza2o

I'm gonna sleep right now and when I wake up tomorrow I better see my Amazon orders shipped AND on time for delivery. If not I'll call them first thing in the morning, and it won't be pleasant...

Wow! Just held the pro controller. The most comfortable controller I've ever held. Beats the 360, Xbox One, and gamecube controller. Those triggers are SO SMOOTH.

DarkWish

There's someone from ScrewAttack at my local GameStop interviewing folks about the NintendoFuse Switch. And they filmed a GameStop employee licking a Switch cartridge.

Soroc

In line to pickup my preorder at best buy in nashua, nh and they seemed to have a ton of systems for ppl that didnt preorder, nobody who lined up was turned away.

And of course I couldnt help myslef and now waiting in line and have a basket full of all the zelda amiibos

So hyped!

tehbible

If my Best Buy is anything to go by its 25 minutes before midnight and there's about 50 people here. No idea on stock numbers or how many people are planning on trying their luck without a preorder.

bruh i just talked with a BB associate over the phone and they're not allowed to give inventory levels for the switch. they're setting up a line at 11pm and people have already started a line. It's only 8:40PM here (pacific time).

Dartastic

I tried setting UPS to let me pick up the package tomorrow instead of having to wait for it. Unfortunately trying to do that wouldn't let me pick it up until Monday. :(

I'm gonna sleep right now and when I wake up tomorrow I better see my Amazon orders shipped AND on time for delivery. If not I'll call them first thing in the morning, and it won't be pleasant...

I'm right there with you. Still hasn't shipped, though does still say on time delivery. At GameStop right now to grab Zelda and some accessories maybe as well. Hoping pro controller.

3rdEdge

I pre-ordered the Switch with Best Buy and Zelda with Amazon. Zelda is supposed to get here tomorrow as expected but according to the tracking number, the Switch isn't going to get here until Monday. Wonderful.

original-c260468bfbf247b6dd496e7cc600af03.jpg

Bestbuy midnight release

kaydigi

Any walmart shoppers able to get a pro controller? Most likely too late to snag one but I need to pick up $120 in eshop points so i'm getting dressed.

ngower

In line to pickup my preorder at best buy in nashua, nh and they seemed to have a ton of systems for ppl that didnt preorder, nobody who lined up was turned away.

And of course I couldnt help myslef and now waiting in line and have a basket full of all the zelda amiibos

So hyped!

I used to live in Nashua and during the amiibo hype there were a handful of scalpers who were there all the time (for those not in the know, Nashua is right over the MA border and has no sales tax, so it's popular shopping destination for Mass folks) so I'm kinda shocked there's plenty of stock.

Top Bottom