• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Best Buy haul:

1h8ScCa.jpg

Not so bad. They started letting people in at 11:30, which I didn't mind because it was cold out. We couldn't leave until Midnight, though not a huge deal because I didn't get my order done until about 5-til.

DarkWish

For those who preordered at Best Buy, did yall just show up at midnight and wait in a different line to pickup? I drove past there after work and saw about 30+ people outside, dont really want to wait for all of them before I pickup...maybe ill get it tomorrow morning.
Correct. Got here at 12:15 and there was a very long line. Got to skip to a separate line for pre-orders that was only a handful of people.

kaskade

Still nothing from amazon and it's past midnight. I'm only around 2 hours from the facility they usually ship from but I've never had them wait this long.

ZugZug123

I don't work til 11 and know I probably won't be able to rest regardless so might as well do it.

Yep, I might just be awake late wishing I had gone to pick it up at midnight :) Will prob head there, who needs sleep.

Also, stupid West Coast, last in the US to get it, bah.

Avallon

Got my switch.Best Buy tried to scare me and tell me that I needed a microSD card because breath a wild takes 13 of the 32 gigs in the system. People need to learn their stuff.

WadeitOut

Separate line for preorders at my BB and it's Iowa so only a small number of preorders just enough to get added to the midnight list late. Non preorder line is way longer and is filled with jealousy lol.

TankRizzo

Banned
going to bed early is one of the best things about getting old

except on console launch night
I tried falling asleep early and have an alarm wake me up. NOPE. Was wide awake so I decided to drink some beers prior to going to the store. So excited

beanman25

So excited to wake up and go to ups distro and best buy. Probably gonna grab a pro controller if BB has any left.

Off to dreamland! But everyone stay safe if you're out late!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Lady at Best Buy ringing up preorders:

"$70 for a controller, my god... I hope my daughter doesn't want one"

GS finally updated my tracking status. Somehow they say it's going to make it to OR from KY by 3 PM tomorrow, which would be stupid fast since that's about a 6 hour flight. Guessing GS has some deal where it can't leave UPS until midnight at the ship facility or something since that's 12:15 local time.

I'm so pissed off. Something happened with my Switch preorder at BestBuy (for some reason, it's stuck on "waiting authorization", so I have my fucking Zelda game, but not a Switch. I'm so upset. This is the first time I've done a midnight launch and it has ended in failure. :( They want me to come back tomorrow to see if they can fix it.

bachikarn

Still hasn't shipped on Amazon. I live in Seattle though so I imagine it will just ship tomorrow. It has been "preparing" all day.

All Amazon Switch, BB Switch, Zelda SE and Joy-Cons are scheduled to arrive tomorrow to SoCal. Lucked out and all items were shipped via UPS except one which was FedEx. They're all showing up in the MyUPS window schedule for launch day.

I'm in LA and it says mine from Best Buy arrives Monday. Do I still have hope??

careksims

The Gaming Gods have smiled upon me!

Neon Switch and Pro Controller have been SHIPPED!!! FINALLY!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!

This is SoCal.

Seriously never ordering from BestBuy again. Or at least not preordering. Can't believe they didn't have my preorder at the store tonight. So upset :(

MrMephistoX

So question I've heard so much conflicting information about the e-shop: is it even possible to buy digital at this point or is the infrastructure not there yet? I'm 100% digital on PS4 but don't want to risk no Zelda.

Wonder what happened. Did you get e-mail confirmation that the order was ready?

I got the order was ready for Zelda, but the Switch one never went through which I had been worried about all day. It was still processing. I was hoping they just didn't put it in the system yet and it was waiting at the store anyway. But nope.. :/

The Third Heat

Neo Member
Just got a notification from UPS saying my BB Switch order won't be here till Monday now. I'm furious. It literally went from tomorrow to Monday in less than an hour.

watershed

Banned
Depends solely on the carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc). It is possible it may not come until 8pm. If your packages normally come around noon, you'll almost certainly be fine though.

I'm not sure how it works with a work address unfortunately, but if it's UPS you can sign up for a MyUPS account and then you get a much more accurate delivery window. The reason this may not work for a business is that typically the MyUPS account works by tying the account to an address (so if a package is on its way to you, you get notified -- obviously you don't want to get notified anytime any package gets delivered to your work!). I'm not seeing the same thing on FedEx. The only thing you could do if it was FedEx is use their delivery manager and pay $10 to have it show up in a 2 hour window of your choice. Looking at my order, it's too late to do that at this point sadly, so you'll probably just need to roll the dice and hope for the best. You'll very likely be fine though since you said it normally comes at noon.

Cool, I appreciate the reassurance! I so hope it will arrive on time tomorrow. I would hate to go the weekend without my Switch and BOTW.

moowear

So question I've heard so much conflicting information about the e-shop: is it even possible to buy digital at this point or is the infrastructure not there yet? I'm 100% digital on PS4 but don't want to risk no Zelda.

In the same boat but wanted to add another question; Picked up some eshop cards but for the life of me, can't find where to input them on their site from my pc. Do you require a nintendo device to redeem them?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm fucking livid!! My local BB was not listed as doing a midnight launch but I called them twice (TWICE!!) just to make sure and both times they said they're doing a midnight release. Just got here and there's no one here and the BB is all boarded up.

tehbible

I'm fucking livid!! My local BB was not listed as doing a midnight launch but I called them twice (TWICE!!) just to make sure and both times they said they're doing a midnight release. Just got here and there's no one here and the BB is all boarded up.

wow thats infuriating

R0ckman

That sounds like it went out of business?

Top Bottom