• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I never order from Amazon because it never gets to my place on time. I went to the Gamestop store and preordered my Switch and Zelda.

ngower

Do we have any idea how late Best Buy will be open? I am picking up my Switch at Midnight at Gamestop but my Zelda copy is at Best Buy.

Jzero

Fuck, that means i'll never get to order one and Zelda's just going to be sitting on my table for weeks haha

I got my Switch preorder through Gamestop, but my Zelda preorder through Amazon.

If Amazon fucks up on the game... I will be seriously disappointed.

Crossing my fingers that Amazon pulls through day one. The pro controller already has a slight delay, so that sorta deters my confidence. I would have preordered at a brick and mortar but I don't feel like lining up and fighting crowds.

Speely

Banned
Crossing my fingers that Amazon pulls through day one. The pro controller already has a slight delay, so that sorta deters my confidence. I would have preordered at a brick and mortar but I don't feel like lining up and fighting crowds.

For future reference, Gamestop has been rock solid for online + delivery through all this so far. It cost me more for shipping, but at this point I am happy I paid it.

bumpkin

Do we have any idea how late Best Buy will be open? I am picking up my Switch at Midnight at Gamestop but my Zelda copy is at Best Buy.
I'm dragging my wife into my midnight release shenanigans; she's picking up my console at GameStop while I go to get my games at Best Buy. I apparently will owe her a pair of shoes for her assistance. It sounds like a fair trade.

Man... I just noticed that my BOTW Limited Edition preorder ended up with an old address as the billing address for my credit card. I hope it still authorizes okay next week. I'm afraid to contact them about it because of all the horror stories I've heard about how *any* change to billing info sends you back to the start of the line.

Cancelled my Pro Controller preorder today. Figured I didn't need it, the JoyCons look great to me.

Will get a second pair of JoyCons when ARMS comes out too.

Smellycat

Man... I just noticed that my BOTW Limited Edition preorder ended up with an old address as the billing address for my credit card. I hope it still authorizes okay next week. I'm afraid to contact them about it because of all the horror stories I've heard about how *any* change to billing info sends you back to the start of the line.

Hmmm, maybe change the address on your credit card to the old one?

Speely

Banned
Cancelled my Pro Controller preorder today. Figured I didn't need it, the JoyCons look great to me.

Will get a second pair of JoyCons when ARMS comes out too.

Look out for the bundle. They REALLY need to offer a joy con + ARMS bundle as incentive.

Is Gamestop down for you guys as well? Just want to check and see if my ME order is still active. It was still there a few days ago when I checked but now I'm worried.

Hopefully my Switch pre order from BB will be fine as well. Debating whether I should pick it up on midnight or in the morning before work. Hmmm

Kureransu

I'm dragging my wife into my midnight release shenanigans; she's picking up my console at GameStop while I go to get my games at Best Buy. I apparently will owe her a pair of shoes for her assistance. It sounds like a fair trade.

My girl is picking it up friday and staying at my place to receive my games and accessories in the mail. I'm doing my annual guys trip down to the Arnold Sports Festival March 2-5. I have no idea what i'll treat her to yet

;_;

bumpkin

My girl is picking it up friday and staying at my place to receive my games and accessories in the mail. I'm doing my annual guys trip down to the Arnold Sports Festival March 2-5. I have no idea what i'll treat her to yet

;_;
Are you much of a cook? Make her something she likes for dinner. My wife is a wicked awesome cook, but I know she appreciates it whenever I make something no matter how plain/lame it is.

Or maybe buy her a day at the spa?

Some ideas. My wife loves shoes. She's easy to repay for favors. :)

Kureransu

Are you much of a cook? Make her something she likes for dinner. My wife is a wicked awesome cook, but I know she appreciates it whenever I make something no matter how plain/lame it is.

Or maybe buy her a day at the spa?

Some ideas. My wife loves shoes. She's easy to repay for favors. :)

well i just took her for a massage last saturday, and i'm cooking a big breakfast for her this saturday...

But she did say she was looking for some new boots... you may be on to something.

guek

Banned
Fuck. Shit on a biscuit. I just realized if I pick up my switch at midnight at Best Buy, my Amazon order for Zelda won't be delivered until the next day. I preordered from Amazon for the Prime discount.

Hmmm...

Apath

Fuck. Shit on a biscuit. I just realized if I pick up my switch at midnight at Best Buy, my Amazon order for Zelda won't be delivered until the next day. I preordered from Amazon for the Prime discount.

Hmmm...
Buy it from Best Buy and return the one you receive from Amazon to the Best Buy.

Crom

Hmmm...

In the same boat. Preordered my Switch from Gamestop (pick up) but the games are being shipped from Best Buy. May have the Switch a day or 2 before any games arrive.

The only Switch games I have preordered from Gamestop aren't launch games (Rime and Has-been Heroes)

Hmmm...
My copy of Zelda is at GameStop and my Switch is on Amazon. I'm the opposite. I get to look at pretty boxart for several hours till my Switch arrives 😩

guek

Banned
My copy of Zelda is at GameStop and my Switch is on Amazon. I'm the opposite. I get to look at pretty boxart for several hours till my Switch arrives 😩
If at least a few reviewers say it's a great party game, I just might pick up 1-2 Switch. I hope there are a few surprise hits in this sparse launch.

alf717

Since we are just about one week from launch I'd like to say that I more than likely will be interested in anyone selling their Zelda SE box, just the box no game or anything but it has to be in mint condition. I have a real bad track history with Amazon and how they ship items. I got a feeling that it is going to show up like trash like all other Wii U boxed / limited items I ordered from them in the past. I know this isn't all Amazon's fault, after all Nintendo ships everything in the cheapest boxes ever after the Wii lost momentum however at the very least Amazon could at least use something stronger for padding then those lame air pillows. Most of them are popped when the item arrives. USPS isn't on my happy list either I'm sure their handling of the package isn't the best as well.

Best Buy changed the shipment date for my Joy-Con Charging Dock to March 27.

Does the system charge the controllers when it's docked with the Joy-Cons attached?

I sure hope so now...

alf717

Upgraded shipping on my GameStop order so I get it release day. Bummer that there's cost, but I was late and Amazon was sold out.

How easy was it to do that? Did you call or do it online? I was mad at them cause I ordered the Switch as soon as they went up and minutes later they offered free 2 day shipping and refused to change my original order to the free 2 day shipping option on my order. I think it is lame that for more money they will get it to you day one but won't give me 2 free day shipping but instead I got $13 3-5 day shipping.

Gradly

I finally pre-ordered Switch through Amazon. Actually bought it from eBay and the seller put my address instead of his.

Now I have no idea what to do next, the couple of games I'm thinking about are either unavailable or not releasing soon :(

I paid off the entirety of my switch and my extra joycons, now all thats left is to pay off the bomberman
and I'm picking these up at my gamestop on midnight.

CrocoDuck

Paid off everything earlier today! So excited!

From another thread, it seems that Amazon is having trouble fulfilling the orders. I preordered from GameStop because I knew something like this would happen. Not taking any chances.

Any update on how Walmart in store pre-orders are being handled? My gameplan is just to call them Wednesday and Thursday and see if I can parse through the bullshit and figure out when they will put these out on shelves. I fully don't expect to get a Switch with my pre-order unless I wait outside in line anyway...

This is one of those times when I think to myself "gee, past ridley182 finally did something right for a change!"

I gotta admit I was feeling a little down that day shortly after the presentation. I mostly liked what I saw, but I wasn't exactly crazy about the price + the GAF negativity train was undeniably getting to me...

So after giving it some serious thought I figured "I guess I'll go ahead and pre-order the system + Zelda just to be safe. I can always cancel them later if I change my mind."

Fast-forward today, I'm just so fucking glad I kept my pre-orders. Unless something goes horribly wrong, the gray Switch and Maser Edition Zelda will be mine by end of day 3/3/2017.

And I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

antonz

Any update on how Walmart in store pre-orders are being handled? My gameplan is just to call them Wednesday and Thursday and see if I can parse through the bullshit and figure out when they will put these out on shelves. I fully don't expect to get a Switch with my pre-order unless I wait outside in line anyway...

Depends. In my area for console launches they always have the initial stock up by customer service or layaway.

//ARCANUM

This is one of those times when I think to myself "gee, past ridley182 finally did something right for a change!"

I gotta admit I was feeling a little down that day shortly after the presentation. I mostly liked what I saw, but I wasn't exactly crazy about the price + the GAF negativity train was undeniably getting to me...

So after giving it some serious thought I figured "I guess I'll go ahead and pre-order the system + Zelda just to be safe. I can always cancel them later if I change my mind."

Fast-forward today, I'm just so fucking glad I kept my pre-orders. Unless something goes horribly wrong, the gray Switch and Maser Edition Zelda will be mine by end of day 3/3/2017.

And I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

yep! this is what you always do. pre-order first, think about it later. well done!

This has probably been answered but I haven't seen it on the past few pages.

Will my Best Buy in-store pre order charge when I pick it up on 3/3 or before that automatically?

Defect

The one time I preordered hardware from GameStop (Monster Hunter New 3DS XL), I got it day 1 without paying extra for release day shipping.
They sent out emails saying that we will be "charged" on the 25th so they can ship on the 2nd for 6th delivery unless I decide to change shipping speed.

Top Bottom