• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

UD`

Neo Member
I'm in the same boat. Do you have Zelda ordered there too? My game hasn't moved to preparing yet.

I have Zelda SE and the Console pre-ordered at walmart.com for in-store pickup. They are saying pickup available by March 7/8th for each item but they did charge my card yesterday, still hoping.

Memles

Y'all have got me paranoid with Best Buy—I order things from Best Buy enough that I don't think this is going to create any authorization issues (they should know this is not out of the ordinary for me), but I sent my bank a message anyway just to see if that helps avoid any problems.

My shipped portion of my Switch order (Neo Joycons/Charging Grip) is preparing and charged. No movement on the system/Zelda/1-2 Switch for store pickup.

My store pick up Switch Console preorder at BB shows as awaiting authorization on my credit card.

Should I be worried now?

My Amazon switch console is not changing yet, but I hope it does sooner rather than later

KevinG

My store pick up Switch Console preorder at BB shows as awaiting authorization on my credit card.

Should I be worried now?

My Amazon switch console is not changing yet, but I hope it does sooner rather than later

With Amazon, it could be as late at Thursday night before anything at all happens to it.

My launch PS4 didn't ship until 11:00 PM EST the night before release day. I still received everything on time.

linkboy

Should I be worried now?

Amazon won't charge until it ships, and if you have two day shipping, that won't be till Wednesday.

Should I be worried now?

My BB in-store pickup still says awaiting authorization as well. My guess is it won't go through until they actually ship the units to the stores, which should be soon hopefully.

Welp didn't have a chance to cancel one of my Switches before Best Buy charged me. So I guess I'm having a Neon and Grey sent to my house 😓

Kambing

yup. Got my notification today as well. Hopefully it ships soon and I can get it a day early lol

Welp, just checked the Zelda order and that will arrive a day after the Switch lol... if I do get the Switch without Zelda, I am going to buy on the e-shop!

My BB in-store pickup still says awaiting authorization as well. My guess is it won't go through until they actually ship the units to the stores, which should be soon hopefully.

Ok! I'll make sure to keep checking.

I am not worried about amazon, but it's my first time with best buy, I hope everything goes ok

Welp didn't have a chance to cancel one of my Switches before Best Buy charged me. So I guess I'm having a Neon and Grey sent to my house ��

Where do you live?

lt519

My neon for shipment is preparing. If it comes a day early not even sure what I'd do with it or if it's the one I want.

Wife just said neon looks better and grey looks like every other console and she can't even name every console out right now.

Should I be worried now?

My in-store Best Buy picked still just shows as "Pre-ordered" and Awaiting Authorization. Same for the games I have for in-store pickup. The accessories I've preordered that are getting delivered, however, have switched to Preparing.

DonShula

My pro controller from Best Buy is "preparing" but my Bomberman/1 2 Switch order hasn't moved yet. Meanwhile, back at Amazon, my console and Zelda still have a 3/1 ship date and 3/3 arrival date.

jacknicholsonyes.gif

mephesta

My BB shipping order still says awaiting authorization. I have not been charged yet. I called them last week, because I had a failed authorization status and they said everything was good. My card is with a small, local bank and they never process anything on Sunday, so hopefully it will go though tomorrow.

Soi-Fong

So I have no pre-order for BOTW. What's the chances of me just being able to grab a copy from BB or GS(preferably BB because of GU) on launch day?

hoserx

I have a preorder in at best buy... was walking through my local Wal Mart yesterday and saw these on the shelf.

AJmZROX.jpg

Quick question for anyone that works at Best Buy. I have 3 different payment methods to deal with at the midnight launch. And was wondering if they will have all my items together ready for pickup.

Switch and Zelda I used my bestbuy credit card
12 switch and bomberman I preordered with cash
And pro controller my girlfriend ordered for me using her bank card with me as the person for in store pick up.

Never preordered from bestbuy before and don't know how they operate.

Does anyone know where I can get the hori compact stand other then Amazon? I ordered earlier this month but seems they're sold out and I won't get my shipment till April which is way too long.

Are you not able to cancel Best Buy orders once it's charged? I have a PO from both Amazon and BB incase one failed. No intention on getting two though. Didn't think BB would start charging cards this early.

Are you not able to cancel Best Buy orders once it's charged? I have a PO from both Amazon and BB incase one failed. No intention on getting two though. Didn't think BB would start charging cards this early.

You are done.

It's probably not possible to cancel now, but you might return it to a store later....

or sell it to a gafer

nikos

Best Buy In-Store - Failed Authorization, hopefully still good. I was successfully charged a hold when I initially preordered.
Amazon - No movement. Not expecting any until Wed/Thurs.
Target - Arriving March 4th. Low expectations for this one. Don't trust them.

Damn, after this Zelda Preview hype I'm regretting so much not doing a pre order.

But Nintendo lost me with buy at launch with the Switch Presentation that didn't satisfy me with the information given. Since then we got new details from leaks, interviews and previews that gave me the urge to buy this thing at launch.

I wonder if Nintendo gave us that information at the presentation event it could have been a more successful launch for the Switch.

What's the difference between Pre-ordered vs not yet shipped on Amazon? I noticed a lot of the games I preordered just say pre-oredered and my Switch says not yet shipped.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
What's the difference between Pre-ordered vs not yet shipped on Amazon? I noticed a lot of the games I preordered just say pre-oredered and my Switch says not yet shipped.

Preordered usually means it's not ready to ship. With Amazon, the not yet shipped status means it's it ready to ship but they're holding on to it. They usually time the shipping so you don't get it early.

Gradly

The answer in the above post but could you tell me what was the expected delivery date on Switch? Was it 28 Feb - 1 Mar?

WTS:

$370 - Nintendo Switch Gray PO from Amazon (Launch Day Delivery)

Address will be changed to yours so that it ships to you directly.

That's really expensive. I encourage people to not fall for scalpers. This will be mass produced unlike the NES classic mini or a more reasonable offer comes along

Top Bottom