• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Jake2by4

anyone know how Amazon will be shipping the consoles or what time things like this usually arrive on release day (at least in NYC?) had to have my Switch + games shipped over to a friend's place due to a cross country move, just realized no one will be home that day and trying to see if i can have them all held for pickup

NY it close to fulfillment center so they will probably gonna ship the day before. Almost all my pre orders ship the day before and I got them on time.

Everybody charged so far at best buy I assume is talking about orders they have set to ship and not pick up in store orders right?

All of mine is pick up in store with no changes.

MAX PAYMENT

I see that gamestop has an additional 60% offee on trades going toward switch games.

Could I trade toward games, then a month later switch the credit toward the switch console and keep the 60% or would it drop off?

Li Sama

Neo Member
Great. So earlier in the month my card failed authorization because I don't tend to make big purchases like this. Well woke up to it failed again and my order canceled. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Got charged for my Switch finally, now to wait until Friday. (I also may trade in a couple things in order to get Zelda on day 1, if only because previews make downloading it day 1 seem less preferable than just playing it)

Are we expecting Gamestop to have any Pro Controllers available to purchase on launch day? I've got my system preordered, but am considering lining up if I can snag a Pro.

atom519

Awoke to a text from my credit card company asking to confirm I made purchase at Best Buy, I respond with a 1 for Yes and says "Thanks. Your transaction was not completed.".

I rushed downstairs and the order status page was asking for updated cc info. I put in the same card and it updated the order and now says Preparing.

My Zelda amiibo orders had failed authentication yesterday, but it went through today without issue (or notifying me there was an issue). No idea why it did that, but it seems to have resolved itself.

My Switch charge didn't have this and charged my card fine today.

jman0625

Neo Member
first post in this thread, but I've been dying until Friday comes. What's scary to me is that I ordered the Switch and stuff through best buy, so I don't know when the package will come. The problem is that at my college, the post office closes at 5 pm every weekday, and it's closed on the weekends :(

Mookow

I ordered a second Switch via Best Buy when they re-opened preorders but it's still in pre-order status. The first one has moved to preparing. Doesn't say failed auth or anything. Any ideas?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
first post in this thread, but I've been dying until Friday comes. What's scary to me is that I ordered the Switch and stuff through best buy, so I don't know when the package will come. The problem is that at my college, the post office closes at 5 pm every weekday, and it's closed on the weekends :(

Sign up with UPS or whichever carrier it winds up being shipped with to redirect package to shipping center for pick up. Results in a one day delay sometimes, but, you can get it yourself. Sign up with all (free, I think) to avoid wondering which to sign up for.

bumpkin

Nice... Just got an email from Best Buy that one of my accessory orders has moved to processing.

cfe.gif

Darklor01

I ordered a second Switch via Best Buy when they re-opened preorders but it's still in pre-order status. The first one has moved to preparing. Doesn't say failed auth or anything. Any ideas?

They charged your card, haven't begun preparing. One of my Switch related orders has the same situation. All of my other orders including a second Switch have been charged and moved to preparing. They'll ship when possible/allowed.

Makes me hope they ship Monday, or Tues and arrive anywhere between Tues and Friday.

Mookow

They charged your card, haven't begun preparing. One of my Switch related orders has the same situation. All of my other orders including a second Switch have been charged and moved to preparing. They'll ship when possible/allowed.

Makes me hope they ship Monday, or Tues and arrive anywhere between Tues and Friday.

I mean the 2nd Switch status seems to be the same as last week, but the 1st one has at least been charged/moved to preparing.

Jetku

Best Buy is always a disaster with CC authorizations and preorders. I really only trust GameStop in-store for system preorders. GameStop is my primary; BB is my backup for Switch.

ngower

I've got a pre-order hold on Zelda at Gamestop, so I'm not concerned too much, but I pre-ordered Horizon and Zelda at Best Buy with the Visa Checkout promo. If my card doesn't authorize (long story, but it's gonna be close to the limit on 3/1) do they cancel my order or give me an option to change payment/pay in store?

Pigs

I've got a pre-order hold on Zelda at Gamestop, so I'm not concerned too much, but I pre-ordered Horizon and Zelda at Best Buy with the Visa Checkout promo. If my card doesn't authorize (long story, but it's gonna be close to the limit on 3/1) do they cancel my order or give me an option to change payment/pay in store?

No, they will just cancel it and say too bad. I'm on hold right now with support trying to get them to reinstate my preorder they canceled on me and their support is the worst. They have no options to help you and won't let you talk to anyone that might be able to help you out. I've been trying to get them to transfer me to a supervisor and they just tell me they are busy and can't talk to me.

Similar situation here. My Master Edition failed authentication yesterday at GS, but my two Switches didn't fail today at Best Buy and they've been changed to Preparing.

I really hope GameStop ships in time for me to get Zelda on day one. Otherwise I'll watch in agony as everyone plays Zelda and I just have Snipperclips, Shovel Knight and Fast RMX to keep me busy.

:p

Jetku

Best Buy is always a disaster with CC authorizations and preorders. I really only trust GameStop in-store for system preorders. GameStop is my primary; BB is my backup for Switch.

...this thread caused me to check my Best Buy order online (in store pickup).

What BS.

Failed authorization with no option to retry, but still in the preorder status. Called up and they couldn't explain why I wasn't notified or why it failed. She didn't seem to be the most polished rep and suggested twice that my order was cancelled when the status is "Preordered".

Gave a new CC (not sure why first one failed) and status looks fine online. Let's hope it lasts the week.

Ugh.

UD`

Neo Member
Pro Controller from BB:

It's going to be a long weekend if I get this before the switch itself.

ncslamm

I'm getting so damn anxious. My amiibos, A&A LE, and neon joy cons are preparing. All of those are shipping to my house. My switch, BotW SE, and Pro controller are still preparing. I have those set to pick up in store. Best Buy of course.

Darklor01

Cool, I was a bit worried they'd be enforcing some 1 per customer limit last minute.

I have two Switch preorders for the system. One coming to me, and one I changed shipping address to a few days back for another GAF member across the country for me. Both are preparing, so I don't think that's a thing to worry about either.

Top Bottom