• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Zacillac

Neo Member
My Zelda special edition has changed to "Order Received" on Best Buy's website. I'm in Portland, OR. I hope it arrives on Thursday like it says SO BADLY. I don't want to have to wait for it to show up on Friday... :(

I just got the same to happen to mine. Now I just need my Neon Switch to go into a similar status.

LProtag

This Chase situation has me a little worried, though my order moved to preparing from processing, but it's still listed as pending on my credit card.

AMAZON:
Grey Switch console - Arriving Friday
Bomberman - Arriving Friday

BEST BUY:
Pro Controller - In-Store Pick-up

GAMESTOP:
Master Edition - Open

Anybody else in the same boat?

Also, i can't decide if i should get 1-2 Switch digital or physical... Anyone who is getting that game decide yet?

AMAZON:
Grey Switch console - Arriving Friday
Bomberman - Arriving Friday

BEST BUY:
Pro Controller - In-Store Pick-up

GAMESTOP:
Master Edition - Open

Anybody else in the same boat?

Also, i can't decide if i should get 1-2 Switch digital or physical... Anyone who is getting that game decide yet?

I want to go all physical this time around minus indies that do not have physical releases but party games as digital actually makes more sense to me.

If anybody is looking for switch pro controllers head to Walmart, they had about 20 of then out for sale at the site bear my house, along with joy cons. I'm assuming they will started putting them out
]

Oh god I really don't want to let myself drive over to Walmart but I'd love to pick up some Neon Joycons.

lutheran

I've only had issues when updating anything with an order on Amazon, other than paying it off using gift card balance. For whatever reason, when you do that, behind the scenes it cancels your order and tries to place a new one for you, which can delay shipping or make it impossible for you to get if it is a limited item.

If the shipping isn't updated for Friday by tomorrow night I will cancel the game order and get it elsewhere maybe even get the digital download.

Called Best Buy, girl said they got a good amount of extra.
Called one GameStop, they got four extra but they're doing a lottery.
Called another, guy said they didn't know if they were getting extra systems but no extra accessories. I found it weird he got accessories before systems but..

I don't know. The hype is getting to me.

SeanR1221

Called another, guy said they didn't know if they were getting extra systems but no extra accessories. I found it weird he got accessories before systems but..

I'll make my calls on Wednesday. Still waiting on two different friends that might sell me their extras. Depends if they want to make a profit or not.

Hype always wins at the end... it is dreadful.

Chumley

Banned
If anybody is looking for switch pro controllers head to Walmart, they had about 20 of then out for sale at the site bear my house, along with joy cons. I'm assuming they will started putting them out
]

Woah is this legit? I can go to walmart today and get one?

Persona7

Banned
Walmart is known for putting stuff out early. I tried buying the last round of animal crossing cards a week before release date but the register was locked to the street date. Same thing happened with amiibos on two occasions.

Persona7

Banned
One near me is listed as having 12, are they pre-orderable at all or just first come first serve?

I am not sure if Walmart took in store pre-orders on controllers. If they did it might deduct from the total stock available but they could also receive another shipment before release day.

Are accessories really street dated too? I know for the Wii U I was able to buy another controller before the actual launch date. Tempted to go to walmart to try if no one else reports back soon that they don't ring up.

Edit: seems like they are blocked, based on a few posts above mine. Darn. Well might swing by a 24H one early on launch to try to get a controller at least since they seem to be even more undershipped than the console itself.

RootCause

Are accessories really street dated too? I know for the Wii U I was able to buy another controller before the actual launch date. Tempted to go to walmart to try if no one else reports back soon that they don't ring up.

Edit: seems like they are blocked, based on a few posts above mine. Darn. Well might swing by a 24H one early on launch to try to get a controller at least since they seem to be even more undershipped than the console itself.
Lol just hide it like when you were a kid. :3

DonShula

Sweet. A dozen or so near the GameStop where I'm going today.

If they aren't street dated, wish me luck! I'm assuming I'd get weird looks if I were to tell them the SKU to go find them in the back, right?

Yeah, but it's Walmart. If yours is anything like the one near me, shame does not apply.

Chumley

Banned

Yeah, this sucks, I don't get back from my flight till 12pm on Friday and I couldn't get any pre orders in for one.

Dineren

Banned
Is there an issue with Best Buy preorders? I noticed on some of the previous pages that people were calling Best Buy about them. Is there an actual issue or are people just being paranoid?

I've got a preorder at Best Buy for pickup Friday and one on Amazon that I was going to cancel soon. Any reason not to do that?

Eyothrie

Anyone have a link to preorder an extra console dock for my bedroom? I'm in the US and prefer not to import one. I can't seem to find it on Amazon or Best Buy

Jeff-DSA

Is there an issue with Best Buy preorders? I noticed on some of the previous pages that people were calling Best Buy about them. Is there an actual issue or are people just being paranoid?

I've got a preorder at Best Buy for pickup Friday and one on Amazon that I was going to cancel soon. Any reason not to do that?

Pretty sure it's paranoia. I have a preorder there that still hasn't charged. I'm not worried...yet.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I honestly have to begin wondering if this is the most borked launch of a console ever.

I can't recall seeing so much chaos and confusion ever.

modsbox

my status--

Best Buy:

Neon Console - Preordered
Pro Controller - Preparing

Target.com:

Gray Console - 'Arriving by March 9'. When I click for more detail it says 'expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9'

Does anyone with a Target.com order have a better status than that? Or experience with Target in the past? I was expecting to get it on release day, not up to a week later...

Top Bottom