• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

GAMESTOP:
Master Edition - Open

Anybody else in the same boat?

Also, i can't decide if i should get 1-2 Switch digital or physical... Anyone who is getting that game decide yet?

GAMESTOP

Special Edition (BotW) Open

What shipping do you have? I have Day One Delivery. Been charged. Just waiting for shipping notification which I expect between tomorrow and Wednesday, Thursday at the latest for them to send out.

On another note: Can anyone whom has ordered from Gamestop before used their Day One Delivery? If so, what method/carrier do they use for delivery?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm on mobile so, pain to re-quote everyone. Thanks. I googled and re-read the details. Yeah, that is much worse.

Not much of a difference from the 3DS or even the New 3DS. Or any hardware.

My memory isn't amazing, but if I remember:
PS4 seemed reasonably smooth outside of software delays. Xbox One, yeah, there was some interesting stuff there, PS3 was reasonably smooth outside of pricing stuff. Xbox 360 was reasonably smooth outside of RROD. Wii U was bad, Wii had shortages. PS2 couldn't keep up with demand but was good otherwise. Xbox was OK/ good.

GAMESTOP

Special Edition (BotW) Open

What shipping do you have? I have Day One Delivery. Been charged. Just waiting for shipping notification which I expect between tomorrow and Wednesday, Thursday at the latest for them to send out.

On another note: Can anyone whom has ordered from Gamestop before used their Day One Delivery? If so, what method/carrier do they use for delivery?

I opted for the standard 2-day shipping instead of day one delivery. Haven't been charged yet

disco

Maybe this has already been asked/answered - but do I need a TV to set up and play my Switch? I currently don't own a TV and had just planned to use it in handhold mode from the get go.

Nintendawg

Neo Member
my status--

Best Buy:

Neon Console - Preordered
Pro Controller - Preparing

Target.com:

Gray Console - 'Arriving by March 9'. When I click for more detail it says 'expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9'

Does anyone with a Target.com order have a better status than that? Or experience with Target in the past? I was expecting to get it on release day, not up to a week later...

Mine used to have that, and it slipped to Tue, Mar 7 - Fri, Mar 10.
A lot of people who pre-ordered the PSVR from Reddit says the shipping date didn't matter. Some got theirs on/before launch day, while some (who even paid for express) ended up getting theirs some days late. It's a complete gamble, and nobody has any concrete evidence.

If it's worth anything, there's also been records of Target support saying all orders are being estimated for March 3rd delivery, as they're being shipped from their warehouses. I'd take that with a grain of salt though, as my personal experience pre-ordering an Amiibo had it come late.

SeanR1221

My local 24 hour walmarts still can't tell me if they will be selling it at midnight. No local best buy is having a midnight launch. And local game stops all said they will only get 2-4 extra.

Can't take off work and I don't get out until 3:30. Im boned aren't I :/

Kicking myself for not pre ordering. I didn't expect to have the zelda bug like this.

Maybe this has already been asked/answered - but do I need a TV to set up and play my Switch? I currently don't own a TV and had just planned to use it in handhold mode from the get go.

No, you can set up the Switch from the device itself. That's the default, actually. You have to opt-in to set it up via a TV

My local 24 hour walmarts still can't tell me if they will be selling it at midnight. No local best buy is having a midnight launch. And local game stops all said they will only get 2-4 extra.

Can't take off work and I don't get out until 3:30. Im boned aren't I :/

Kicking myself for not pre ordering. I didn't expect to have the zelda bug like this.

Have you called all your local BB locations or are you basing it off of their website list?

My local one that I pre-ordered through wasn't on the list, but when I called last week they told me they were doing a midnight launch.

SeanR1221

Have you called all your local BB locations or are you basing it off of their website list?

My local one that I pre-ordered through wasn't on the list, but when I called last week they told me they were doing a midnight launch.

Based it off the list.

Thanks, I'll make some calls. I have 4 very close by :)

Painguy

Talked to a dude at bestbuy to verify my switch preorder and to also preorder a copy of a standard version of Zelda.

He pretty much told me GG if you havent preordered. They have none left. Also Zelda copies are starting to get close to running out. So hurry up basically.

R0ckman

Curious enough to drop down to my walmart for early goodies, but I know it will bring poor results. My walmart is trash teir. Overpopulated area, things are never stocked quickly when sold out. Foods are sold out constantly, people give no damns at the electronics section...

Smellycat

I am selling my amazon Grey Switch order for $370. Will arrive on Friday to you Let me know if you are interested ASAP before amazon locks in the address and I can't change it. I will accept Amazon gift card online

I waited 12 hours in line during the PS2 and Wii launches. An hour or two later than that I would've been out of luck. Be prepared to camp out that night waiting for the store to open at 6am, if you really really want one.

PS2 launch I worked at a Funcoland and all the employees pretty much purchased the store allotment. PS2 launch was crazy.

Malus

Yay Best Buy is preparing my Zelda preorder.

Now all that's left is a successful camp out. Here's hoping!

edit: Now you guys are scaring me with this 10-12 hour stuff lol. If 4 hours doesn't do it then I guess I'll just be staring at my Zelda boxart for a while.

nullpoynter

PS2 launch I worked at a Funcoland and all the employees pretty much purchased the store allotment. PS2 launch was crazy.
At the Walmart store I went to, they had a chair setting out for each PS2 they had to sell. You got a chair, you got a PS2 at midnight. It was very organized which surprised me.

ZServ

Yay Best Buy is preparing my Zelda preorder.

Now all that's left is a successful camp out. Here's hoping!

edit: Now you guys are scaring me with this 10-12 hour stuff lol. If 4 hours doesn't do it then I guess I'll just be staring at my Zelda boxart for a while.

I waited in line at Walmart for 28 hours to get the Wii.

I was 16 years old. And third in line.

On the flip side, for the Majora's Mask 3DS, I waited outside of Target for 4 hours. But it was -11F, so my being second there wasn't a huge shock.

Vitacat

I am selling my amazon Grey Switch order for $370. Will arrive on Friday to you Let me know if you are interested ASAP before amazon locks in the address and I can't change it. I will accept Amazon gift card online

Nice scalping. And in the gaming discussion forum no less.

Makki

Ordered Zelda Standard Edition when it went up post conference yet:

"Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Uh.... Amazon? ; _ ;

Darklor01

I worked through the PS2 launch at a GameStop as a manager. It was crazy. People were trying to bribe us to sell another person's preorder for thousands. Wouldn't do it. Seeing those boxes for the first time and stacking them in the back room felt god tier.

DSPEED

Ordered Zelda Standard Edition when it went up post conference yet:

"Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Uh.... Amazon? ; _ ;

Same :/

mstevens

Getting so pissed off at Best Buy. Trying to call to figure out what's going on with pre-order pickup at my specific store (10 pm or 12 am). On hold for 20 minutes. Finally get someone and they have no idea. I ask them to connect me to the actual store and they disconnect me.

I call back, wait on hold for 20 minutes again and ask to get connected to the store. A different person keeps insisting they can deal with my order and they don't need to. They finally start connecting me and it disconnects again.

A 30 second question is turning into a 30+ minute ordeal.

Darklor01

Getting so pissed off at Best Buy. Trying to call to figure out what's going on with pre-order pickup at my specific store (10 pm or 12 am). On hold for 20 minutes. Finally get someone and they have no idea. I ask them to connect me to the actual store and they disconnect me.

I call back, wait on hold for 20 minutes again and ask to get connected to the store. A different person keeps insisting they can deal with my order and they don't need to. They finally start connecting me and it disconnects again.

A 30 second question is turning into a 30+ minute ordeal.

I hate calling Best Buy, Walmart, Target type stores for anything. You just get the feeling you will never get to talk to the right department and if you do, whoever answers will never have a clue. Just, in general, not just with this.

Top Bottom