• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

I suck at Souls and Bloodborne and I got most of the bosses in Nioh in 3 attempts or less.

*shrugs*

Vampire Lady had me on tilt until I got used to her spinning attack.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Tome hates me and I hate Tome. My face and thumb is tired from reforging for hours with zero luck. Still chasing that skill A+/AA lol.

xuchu

All way of the demon missions done solo. I have 98.0 on missions completed so just waiting on twilight missions rotate.
Only titles left are odachi kills one too. Really enjoyed the dlc but this update has been all about the way of demon difficulty for me. Souls can learn a thing or two with the way NG+ and NG++ works here, with changes to enemy positions and aggressiveness changes to bosses rather than simple hp and number changes althrough that is certainly here too. Dark souls 2 had a little bit of this but Nioh's NG+ system is far more similar to ninja gaiden's difficulty modes and changes to actual enemy behavior and moves being changed to challenge you more.
EQyoKGK.jpg

The level 1 naked run that I did, where you essentially have to get most crusher titles after a certain point, really trained me for way of the demon.

Now time to join the min-maxers with tome and furiously mash that forge button for that AA stat scaling.

The blacksmith is slowly consuming my soul. I've been forging for a katana with Change to Attack (Heart/Skill) AA for the past 3-4 days (over 20+ weapons forged now)
Been livestreaming my forging for the past 3 hours lol (https://twitch.tv/sephizack2)

lol last time I checked you had forged 17,000 katanas :O someone's gotta comb through all that data and get % values for how rare each stat is to get.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Beat the first DLC boss by the skin of my teeth. Phew, he hits really hard.

After crafting some slightly better loot I tried to beat Iga-Style again last night (was stuck there without hope for a while), and I GOT IT. IN YOUR FACE NINJA ASSHOLES!

Went to bed at 1 AM because of it, but no regrets.

Also, um, not feeling the odachi at all. I used it just long enough to reach the minimum dojo mission requirement and then went back to my katana/dual kats. :\ A bit disappointing.

Beat the first DLC boss by the skin of my teeth. Phew, he hits really hard.

After crafting some slightly better loot I tried to beat Iga-Style again last night (was stuck there without hope for a while), and I GOT IT. IN YOUR FACE NINJA ASSHOLES!

Went to bed at 1 AM because of it, but no regrets.

Also, um, not feeling the odachi at all. I used it just long enough to reach the minimum dojo mission requirement and then went back to my katana/dual kats. :\ A bit disappointing.

Welcome back ^_^

Yeah i really want to like odachi, but its using too much ki and not putting out enough damage to be worth while.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Just reached the
5th region
and i m tired of looking for kodamas again.it seriously hindering my enjoyment of the game they should have used darksouls method or let us buy elixir from somewhere

The blacksmith is slowly consuming my soul. I've been forging for a katana with Change to Attack (Heart/Skill) AA for the past 3-4 days (over 20+ weapons forged now)
Been livestreaming my forging for the past 3 hours lol (https://twitch.tv/sephizack2)

I will give you all my weapons with Change to skill AA for one change to Heart AA lol I had change to AA for everything many times except change to Heart, still using AA- but I will get it sooner or later.

Kinda wish there was a bigger difference between A+ and AA but I'll take any damage increase I canlol

So I had some time with Tome yesterday, finally got better look at new effects and some of them are really amazing.

Like higher Attack and defense when facing more than two enemies and on wotd it happens pretty much all the time. You can also pair it with higher attack and defense while under status effect.
Magic talisman is great, you can just straight up block all the magic and not give a fuck about it.
No guard break critical (not sure if it's new but I never seen it before) is a godsend to get out of tricky situations as you can block all you want.
Everlasting Ki plus shorten recovery time out of Ki is also great as it can save your but in many situations. I have it over 60% and works great and very often.
Auto-recovery on amrita gain plus life recovery on amrita gain will heal you a lot and all the time, you can even use extraction talisman or soul stones to trigger the effect to heal yourself.
Will reforge some more tonight and see what else is there. So far this is what I got on my gear, also tempted to add attack and defense on timed guard but will have to test it first to see how often it pops and how good the timing have to be. Supper happy with new stuff :)

xuchu

I will give you all my weapons with Change to skill AA for one change to Heart AA lol I had change to AA for everything many times except change to Heart, still using AA- but I will get it sooner or later.

Kinda wish there was a bigger difference between A+ and AA but I'll take any damage increase I canlol

So I had some time with Tome yesterday, finally got better look at new effects and some of them are really amazing.

Like higher Attack and defense when facing more than two enemies and on wotd it happens pretty much all the time. You can also pair it with higher attack and defense while under status effect.
Magic talisman is great, you can just straight up block all the magic and not give a fuck about it.
No guard break critical (not sure if it's new but I never seen it before) is a godsend to get out of tricky situations as you can block all you want.
Everlasting Ki plus shorten recovery time out of Ki is also great as it can save your but in many situations. I have it over 60% and works great and very often.
Auto-recovery on amrita gain plus recovery on amrita gain will heal you a lot and all the time, you can even use extraction talisman or soul stones to trigger the effect to heal yourself.
Will reforge some more tonight and see what else is there. So far this is what I got on my gear, also tempted to add attack and defense on timed guard but will have to test it first to see how often it pops and how good the timing have to be. Supper happy with new stuff :)

Yeah I'm really liking the new effects on gear too.

I tested both return damage (timely guard) and increase attack (timely guard) on marobashi and you get 12% increase in both the tempest damage and the killing strike afterwards. Return damage sucks as it's only around 100 damage for the initial backwave. I don't like the other effects on it like status ailments relieved, increase defense, life recovery (which is very little) cos in most situations if you are going for a backwave into tempest you will, most likely, want to capitalise with high damage on the killing strike.

Yeah I have auto recovery on Amrita gain so healing constantly and increase defense when status ailments suffered as in those situations I am likely on the defensive looking to heal.

Was salty about the haze into iai combo nerf but backwave feels just as good and satisfying.

Edit: the increase attack (timely guard) is closer to 15% additive increase actually and the buff lasts for around 14 seconds. Note that you actually do not need to use katana for the buff to activate as it works with other weapons. Maybe in that case a defensive effect would be better.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just solo'd today's WotD twilight missions and got this:
B0cSn47.jpg

100% once more!

Also did some red enemy testing on WotD for 200+ equipment drops. I can also confirm that they drop only from these red glowing enemies on WotD difficulty. Really sucks that you can't forge 200+ equipment yet. :(

Just reached the
5th region
and i m tired of looking for kodamas again.it seriously hindering my enjoyment of the game they should have used darksouls method or let us buy elixir from somewhere

You have absolutely picked up head gear that reveals kodama on the map. That eliminates all issues.

xuchu

B0cSn47.jpg

100% once more!

Also did some red enemy testing on WotD for 200+ equipment drops. I can also confirm that they drop only from these red glowing enemies on WotD difficulty. Really sucks that you can't forge 200+ equipment yet. :(

Sick, looking to join you soon in few days.

B0cSn47.jpg

100% once more!

Do you have to do the dojo missions for it as well?

SephiZack

Zack if you're reading this, you ARE crazy. 23,100+!

Doing it for science ;(

Ended up with nothing but disappointment today. 10 Hours, 6k+ forged weapons (24k total), no weapon in sight. I got very very close with a couple of them but they still weren't good enough

Kaako

Felium Defensor
24K forges in deep, RNG is still playing hard to get.
I can't believe that shit Zack. Fix this shit, Team Ninja.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Pretend i am a filthy casual who doesnt know how gear works and please explain what you guys are trying to achieve with this forging xD
I'm still chasing Change to Attack(Skill) AA/AA+
Zack is still chasing his perfect roll with Change to Attack(Heart) AA+
Trying to forge weapons at Blacksmith with these stats. RNG(random number generator) is being a royal pain in the ass as usual. Zack forged for 10 freaking hours looking for that stat and still no dice. I gave up after an hour. Even tried buying sacred treasures from the hidden tree house but still no luck.

Min maxing sucks in Nioh but I can't stop myself. Also doesn't help that I literally have nothing else to do in this game so min maxing for that higher DPS is all I got. Still not touching PvP cause fuck PvP.

Silly min maxers. I always ignore 'em xD
Tis for the best. Nioh min maxing is a never-ending rabbit hole me thinks.

Bit rough round the edges (Blocked some spell casts), but first no damage on Maria.
https://youtu.be/xQqZAxgX9JQ

I find this fight pretty disappointing atm, i hope they change her abit so its actually possible to ki break her without luck or spells.

man i hate spending time in the inventory. my damage is getting pitiful and i'm too lazy to soul match stuff.
There are a million games i wanna spend time in menus....Nioh is not one of them! Biggest gripe since alpha has been the existence of loot.

Hybris

I'm still chasing Change to Attack(Skill) AA/AA+
Zack is still chasing his perfect roll with Change to Attack(Heart) AA+
Trying to forge weapons at Blacksmith with these stats. RNG(random number generator) is being a royal pain in the ass as usual. Zack forged for 10 freaking hours looking for that stat and still no dice. I gave up after an hour. Even tried buying sacred treasures from the hidden tree house but still no luck.

Min maxing sucks in Nioh but I can't stop myself. Also doesn't help that I literally have nothing else to do in this game so min maxing for that higher DPS is all I got. Still not touching PvP cause fuck PvP.

Tis for the best. Nioh min maxing is a never-ending rabbit hole me thinks.

Wait I thought those new skills with the star next to them meant they can only drop not be reforged? Thought I saw that on reddit.

I see you are back to the level 1 run Gwyn :)

Wait I thought those new skills with the star next to them meant they can only drop not be reforged? Thought I saw that on reddit.

Ayee i may have gotten a tad distracted with switch launch, nier,persona.

Not sure im gonna do the free update bosses with these rules though, okatsu and hanzo are abit of a nightmare.

Hybris

Ayee i may have gotten a tad distracted with switch launch, nier,persona.

Not sure im gonna do the free update bosses with these rules though, okatsu and hanzo are abit of a nightmare.

Like half of the new boss missions can't be done without doing dojo challenges unfortunately. I put some time into ogress/spider/thousand eyes, but never survived it

Kaako

Felium Defensor

Forge, not reforge. And to tell you the truth, I'm not fully sure about not being able to reforge the star skills ones either. But you can 100% forge weapons as well as buy them from the hidden tea house(sacred treasures) with the new star skills on them. I've done it 100+ times already personally. However, you can not forge over level 200 gear sadly. These are only red enemy drops on WotD.

Deku Tree

There IS NOTHING in Bloodborne as hard as Nue. The 3 hunters aren't even challenging! Doing the Chalices solo was a hard challenge but it felt doable. I think I might have made a big mistake in getting the big deluxe edition lol. There is a very clear, and HUGE difference in difficulty levels between the From Software games and Nioh and I didn't expect that.

The game is obviously great but I'm just not having fun anymore.

Eh I one shot the Buffed version of Nue on WotD. Granted I have an OP character.

FRC Depth 5 chalice dungeons are some of the hardest SP content in gaming. Much harder than anything in Nioh IMO. And I love both games.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Finally got CTA(Skill) AA- drop on weapon of choice but no sign of cross star skill lol. I'm keeping it just in case. RNG es el diablo.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm a Souls vet. Finished every game in the series, and platinumed Bloodborne and Dark Souls III. This Nue boss is literally harder than anything in Bloodborne. Harder than any chalice boss. One of the stiffest challenges I've ever had in a game.
There IS NOTHING in Bloodborne as hard as Nue. The 3 hunters aren't even challenging! Doing the Chalices solo was a hard challenge but it felt doable. I think I might have made a big mistake in getting the big deluxe edition lol. There is a very clear, and HUGE difference in difficulty levels between the From Software games and Nioh and I didn't expect that.

The game is obviously great but I'm just not having fun anymore.
I have to say, I find this post really ridiculous. Nue isn't even a particularly difficult boss by either Souls or Nioh standards... Its patterns are very predictable.

Jamiaro

1.) I want to replace my Warrior of The West armor-pieces and sword with something that favours a Kusarigama OR just makes Swords stronger.

2.) Same idea, but I'd like to max my damage for a Spear. I think the Red Devil-set is a bit underwhelming for this purpose and I'd like to change it.

My Agility is at B right now, Yasakani Magatama equipped with WotW and Red Devil set.

Is there any set-combos that would allow me to use a Kusarigama/Sword and Spear effectively?

Any ideas? :/

SephiZack

Forge, not reforge. And to tell you the truth, I'm not fully sure about not being able to reforge the star skills ones either. But you can 100% forge weapons as well as buy them from the hidden tea house(sacred treasures) with the new star skills on them. I've done it 100+ times already personally. However, you can not forge over level 200 gear sadly. These are only red enemy drops on WotD.

I have tried reforging and am pretty sure you cannot get star effects through reforging.

And yes, forging is painful, I'm still continuing the livestream today and am over 25k now

Sarcasm

I don't understand how I do such pitiful damage to a dude when he can three shot me at the most.

What challenge is it to sit there and move around whittling his HP down for 15+ minutes? I still can't beat this guy. I eman heck if he gets not KI and I do either of my special blwos...the HP bar barely even moves. This isn't a real sense of challenge.

"Invitation from the Warrior of the West" should be more like "Invitation from Sponge of the West"

He freakin auto telegraphs at the waist O.O wish I could turn my body that way lol. Feet forward, face backwards -.-

I am on third region and this dude basic attacks do 600 damage.

Mine is like

Lame lol

I don't understand how I do such pitiful damage to a dude when he can three shot me at the most.

What challenge is it to sit there and move around whittling his HP down for 15+ minutes? I still can't beat this guy. I eman heck if he gets not KI and I do either of my special blwos...the HP bar barely even moves. This isn't a real sense of challenge.

"Invitation from the Warrior of the West" should be more like "Invitation from Sponge of the West"

He freakin auto telegraphs at the waist O.O wish I could turn my body that way lol. Feet forward, face backwards -.-

I am on third region and this dude basic attacks do 600 damage.

Mine is like

Lame lol

https://youtu.be/oNtEzVit3ec 1:46 =/= 15 minutes

Joe doing half this damage with a wooden sword 2:49 =/= 15 minutes
https://youtu.be/_QRnYeWb-Ko

The HP complaints in this game usually come from players who are just dodge-hit-dodge-hit. Its like playing DMC and just shooting bosses and complaining they take too long.

So hows the DLC? Better than the main game? Also how is the difficulty?

Its pretty good, not gonna blow anyones mind though. I thought it was fairly engaging, especially the new big yokai.

Sarcasm

I can't block him, even in high stance. I roll to him, to his side.

He is still a sponge.

Its like linking those dudes that beat the souls using bananas.

Yea..I am an average player not some OP dude with bananas tied to his eyelids.

**How the heck is he doing more than 100 damage! I am like lvl 55 and I don't even do that much on final blows (to him). Also when I fight he regains his KI almost immediately after getting up lol...so I dunno.

(Also this is n00b moment, how do you get charge abilities? I also have way more icons on the bottom..which I realized are probably skills point. Three icons lowest is like 15 -.-)

Hybris

I can't block him, even in high stance. I roll to him, to his side.

He is still a sponge.

Its like linking those dudes that beat the souls using bananas.

Yea..I am an average player not some OP dude with bananas tied to his eyelids.

**How the heck is he doing more than 100 damage! I am like lvl 55 and I don't even do that much on final blows (to him). Also when I fight he regains his KI almost immediately after getting up lol...so I dunno.

(Also this is n00b moment, how do you get charge abilities? I also have way more icons on the bottom..which I realized are probably skills point. Three icons lowest is like 15 -.-)

Blocking is most effective in mid stance, though some of Tachibana's attacks can't be blocked or parried. (His charge attacks basically).

Most of your damage will come from out of ki punishes against him. He does not manage his ki very well, exploit that with high ki damage skills.

Take some time to look at different skills in the skill tree. Most have videos with them to see exactly what they do. Skills are very important, and they give you a ton of points. Don't hoard them.

What level is your weapon? You should be doing way more than 100 damage on final blows.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I have tried reforging and am pretty sure you cannot get star effects through reforging.

And yes, forging is painful, I'm still continuing the livestream today and am over 25k now
Thanks for confirmation on star reforging special effect. And good god, over 25k+ and still going(?) You sir, are a trooper.
I might try to forge a better dual today but man I dread this whole process so much haha.

I have to spend 58mil gold to upgrade all my gear (everything except the sword) to lvl200, fuck me. I have the gold but it was for reforging not soul matching, oh well more gold farming to do I guess.

Sarcasm

I really don't know what to do skill wise and I don't know which guide to read. Inventory is daunting and really has that want to avoid at all costs.

I really don't know what to do skill wise and I don't know which guide to read. Inventory is daunting and really has that want to avoid at all costs.

What weapon are you using?

Anyway for all weapons you want
- Flux/flux2
- The grapple out of ki enemy move
- Ki pulse on dodge for light stance atleast, since you consider yourself "Not OP skill banana dude or w/e", probably get it for the other stances too

Sarcasm

What weapon are you using?

Anyway for all weapons you want
- Flux/flux2
- The grapple out of ki enemy move
- Ki pulse on dodge for light stance atleast, since you consider yourself "Not OP skill banana dude or w/e", probably get it for the other stances too

duals.

I have grapple and pulse on dodge.

lawtowler

Just getting back in to Nioh, I had previously finished NG. Done a couple of post NG missions and twlight missions. Around level 105 I think.

Was maining katana & spear build with Red Demon Armour but going for a Kusarigama, Ninjutsu respec when I hit Way of the Strong + DLC.

Problem is at my level there doesn't seem to be an efficient levelling spot, I want to start farming divine items, preferably either Iga or Fanatics set but not sure where to do so. Am I too low to start running through Way of The Strong or the new DLC region?

duals.

I have grapple and pulse on dodge.

God of Wind skills will allow you to do lots of ki damage. (Especially when he is blocking).
For now, get Sign of the Cross aswell.

When hes out of stamina, give him a poke, then charge up Sign of the Cross, then just stab him in the ground.

1.- So uhhh, the door to the first boss won't open for some reason. Is my file screwed or would repeating the mission solve this?

2.- So apparently I'm like, super dumb. Can I get a for dummies guide on how one goes for getting a build equipment? Like, say, a dual Katana build with a focus on windstorm?

Top Bottom