• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Foggy

I love this arena. My fav besides Tokyo Dome I think.

If KBS Hall was bigger, it'd be GOAT-tier

BYtTt82CIAAgF2g.jpg

Haha dammit Kawato you hit Juice when you tried to break it up

Foggy

I'm pretty happy with how fresh Kenny looks and a bit dismayed at how broken down Juice looks, but that's how it goes in this kind of tournament. Hopefully Juice is just godlike at selling.

Oh my lord, Sanada's new shirt is awesome.

Foggy

Okada on SANADA

–In Fukushima you face SANADA. You had matches against him last year in the G1 and at Wrestling Dontaku. SANADA is the same age as you, and when he came to New Japan there was the real sense that your next big rival had arrived. You’ve beaten him twice in succession, are you a little dissatisfied with how things have gone?

Okada ‘I think a lot’s up to him. It’s not enough to just win a match, you need to find a kind of X factor.’

–Is that some advice for him?

Okada ‘Well, it’s for my benefit, too. I want interesting opponents, and the better the people opposite me the better things are. I’m not really interested in easy matches.’

— This doesn’t just go for SANADA, but do you find yourself taking particular notice of wrestlers the same age as you?

Okada ‘Not really. The thing that springs to mind about SANADA is he’s got a great look, really.’

Foggy

I wish ZSJ could get a win or two using some of those intricate pins. They look so damn good.

Nothing match, but what can you do when Yoshi-Hashi has to carry ZSJ?

Foggy

Ok this should be good. Aces of their respective eras going at it.

I'd love for Nagata to get a win due to Tana's injured arm.

Top Bottom