• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

I can't decide of I love Elgin's music or hate it

I think I like the main riff but it's too quiet and the whole song is tinny and the drums too loud.

Another just good match.

Not the best night to come back live.

Nekofrog

Banned
YAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

thats how you fucking book a babyface underdog

his victory doesn't have to be important. it doesnt have to achieve anything. it just has to mean something to the character.

That ruled, they've done such an amazing job with Juice and he has totally grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Dude's going to be huge one day, if he sticks around long enough.

So uh Naito vs Okada final then?

Cause I doubt Okada is losing to anyone but maybe Omega (and now I'm doubting even that frankly)...

This sets up a US title match nicely though.

No coincidence that the two to beat Omega are North Americans

Hex

Banned
THAT is fantastic booking and a hell of a way to give juice the rub.
Kenny will be just fine, he still looked amazing and it was a great underdog surprise

Okada's probably losing to MiSu - he needs title defences for KoPW and Destruction, maybe Power Struggle as well. Then it'll all come down to Omega vs Okada.

Huge props to New Japan. They booked that really well. Booked Juice really well all G1 and now they have another wrestler over with the fans.

This really helps the US Title too. Very impressed.

klonere

Banned
Okada's probably losing to MiSu - he needs title defences for KoPW and Destruction, maybe Power Struggle as well. Then it'll all come down to Omega vs Okada.

I can't say I'm all that enthused about a Suzuki attempt at the belt again. MiSu really feels like he's let the foot off the gas since getting back to NJPW.

That said, EVIL winning seems really, really out there.

Ooooh right

The Okada/Suzuki rematch is still coming.

Holy shit Darkness Falls fuuuuck.

Woah Evil is gonna fuck himself by bringing Okada back in the ring. Good story actually.

Hex

Banned
I FUCKING LOVE NEW JAPAN.

Juice AND Evil....THAT is how you create stars!!!

Fucking amazing time to be a wrestling fan

And Okada made him look like pure gold and same with Kenny and Juice

miserable

YES!

DARKNESS! EVILNESS!

Zd53EWV.gif

klonere

Banned
This totally plays into the SANADA/EVIL rivalry as well.

EVIL gets the title shot but SANADA beat EVIL. Turmoil in LIJ incoming!

Hex

Banned
Seriously so hype right now.
What should have been an average filler night had me out of my seat so many times and marking out.

Top Bottom