• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

klonere

Banned
That was the first match that felt like a NJPW match.

Ishii vs. Sabre on night 2 holy shit. How do you apply a neck submission when your opponent has no neck?

Fox318

Ishii vs ZSJ will be amazing

wzEZrhB.gif

Great match. Wrong guy won though I think. Naito is way more over. But I guess they are continuing the trend of not wanting to give away a big match like Naito vs. Omega in the states, especially if that's the planned G1 final.

Gedo is way too in love with his tournament upsets.

klonere

Banned
That was really really great. Ishii has form against Naito before so a win is totally cool.

ZSJ/Ishii is an intriguing matchup!

That was really really great. Ishii has form against Naito before so a win is totally cool.

ZSJ/Ishii is an intriguing matchup!

Sabre tries to go blow for blow with Ishii, fails, tries submissions against a man with no neck, fails, and Ishii goes to the finals.

This is your big US expansion play and you take out one of the most over guys in the company just like that in round one?

Idiotic

Because the business's focus is still on Japan, and you're not burning a money match-up for a show that's already sold out.

On Canada Day, it's Canadian on Canadian violence with Big Mike vs. The Cleaner.

Great match. Wrong guy won though I think. Naito is way more over. But I guess they are continuing the trend of not wanting to give away a big match like Naito vs. Omega in the states, especially if that's the planned G1 final.

Gedo is way too in love with his tournament upsets.

Ishii's a great worker who never really gets his dues. I kinda like the fact he gets a chance to be a major play. Plus I think people being serious against Naito who doesn't give a fuck is a good narrative to build. It's why Tanahashi took the title from him in the first place.

This is your big US expansion play and you take out one of the most over guys in the company just like that in round one?

Idiotic

I thought we already agreed it failed on that front though? Tanahashi vs Gunn Excel, Tanahashi vs Gunn. It's just nice to see Ishii get a big win because of how well he works, I don't really think it hurts this card.

Ishii's a great worker who never really gets his dues. I kinda like the fact he gets a chance to be a major play. Plus I think people being serious against Naito who doesn't give a fuck is a good narrative to build. It's why Tanahashi took the title from him in the first place.

I like Ishii a lot. But he's not a major play. They just give him big wins every so often. Like when he beat Kenny, then Kenny got his win back a month later.

I like Ishii a lot. But he's not a major play. They just give him big wins every so often. Like when he beat Kenny, then Kenny got his win back a month later.

That's kinda what this is though, right? I don't think we should care too much about them seriously taking this as their only way into the US after the first half of the show.

Top Bottom