• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

He is the head of the Lannister family and wants to kill his brother Robb. With Tywin dead, Robb's war would be a cakewalk.

Yes that's certainly true but she can actually stay in this infiltration position for a little while and learn as much information as she can.

Violet_0

Banned
Tywin really should be the top target (even above Joffrey and everyone else), as he's the one leading the army against Robb. And he's even at the same castle.

My guess is that Ayria is going to kill him though, sooner or later - in the position she's in, it would be the easiest thing to do

Finalow

ic08q.gif

Posted it around page 32.
... while I'm at it:

tumblr_m1untxOPsc1r5fyi4o1_1280.gif

tumblr_m1wm1bp3nh1qg0u4go1_500.gif
we want more!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm sorry but Tywin is a fucking boss. I actually see a lot of him in Tyrion. I actually don't want him to die...Te other Lannisters though? I wish them painful, horrible deaths (minus Tyrion, of course).

Tywin won't die. he's far too important imo. I don't think we'll get any more deaths this late into the season.

Stannis won't die either. Stannis is shaping up to be hugely important. Renly was never important. Renly was the nice young idealistic king, he had to die. Nice guys finish last. If Stannis or Tywin died I think it would harm the plot. We still need them.

Davos will survive as well, because, we need someone who is willing to question Stannis. Besides Davos imo is a good person overall. I would enjoy seeing him have a bigger role next season.

Tacitus_

I'm sorry but Tywin is a fucking boss. I actually see a lot of him in Tyrion. I actually don't want him to die...Te other Lannisters though? I wish them painful, horrible deaths (minus Tyrion, of course).

That's the best part about the Lannisters. Tyrion is clearly the one who takes the most after Tywin, but he's a misshapen dwarf which makes Tywin hate him. Jaimie, Tywins favourite son can't behave himself at all, and as a matter of fact, can't even inherit Casterly Rock since the members of the Kingsguard can't have lands or wives. Cersei is a woman so nobody will take her seriously and her notions of how to wield power are.. questionable at best (see how she coaches Joffrey in S1 on what the king can do).

New episode tonight:
The Old Gods and the New

The Lannisters send Myrcella away from harm; Arya has a surprise visitor; Dany makes a vow; Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news; Jon gets a chance to prove himself.

That's the best part about the Lannisters. Tyrion is clearly the one who takes the most after Tywin, but he's a misshapen dwarf which makes Tywin hate him. Jaimie, Tywins favourite son can't behave himself at all, and as a matter of fact, can't even inherit Casterly Rock since the members of the Kingsguard can't have lands or wives. Cersei is a woman so nobody will take her seriously and her notions of how to wield power are.. questionable at best (see how she coaches Joffrey in S1 on what the king can do).

What she told Joffery actually made a lot of sense but she clearly has no control over her son anymore, she's mostly useless and makes poor decisions.

Cyan

Banned
Finally got to see last week's episode. Kind of expected the event at the start, but it was still shocking. Can't wait to see the other two names Arya picks. :D

Starting to like Davos and Brienne.

Quick reminder:
Zb44O.jpg

SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.
  • If you're curious about how things unfolded differently the book, please use the other thread.

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
If you're a book reader, please use the other thread for discussion. Thank you.

JGS

Banned
We need a gif of the new Joffrey slap.

I find him somewhat sympathetic because there is clearly reticence and hesitation in the things he is doing. He's not pure evil like fucking Joffrey.
Killing the one guy was pure evil moment. The guy is total Darth Vader of the North now. I was mad he wasn't killed in his sleep.

Bread

Banned
The guy getting a poison dart to the neck and falling through the door was amazing. That might have been my favorite episode yet.

So I guess Kat had to leave Ned's bones behind when she had to flee Renly's camp? It didn't look like she and Brienne had them last episode and there was no sign of them again this ep.

Cyan

Banned
Man, fuck Theon. In the back of the head. With a hot knife.

Arya: still awesome. But needs to be more careful. That scene with Littlefinger was freaky. Also I think Tywin is pretty cool now too.

The Joff not very popular right now, yeah? Lucky he has Tyrion to slap him around.

So, dragons. Was that meant to be the warlock's tower the dude was carrying them to?

Hang on. The scene with Jon and the wildling girl was funny, but why'd he have to cuddle up with her? What happened to Ghost?

GCX

So I guess Kat had to leave Ned's bones behind when she had to flee Renly's camp? It didn't look like she and Brienne had them last episode and there was no sign of them again this ep.
The silent sisters (the women who carried the bones to Renly's camp/Cat's tent) take care that the bones end up in Winterfell.

Massa

Man, fuck Theon. In the back of the head. With a hot knife.

Arya: still awesome. But needs to be more careful. That scene with Littlefinger was freaky. Also I think Tywin is pretty cool now too.

The Joff not very popular right now, yeah? Lucky he has Tyrion to slap him around.

So, dragons. Was that meant to be the warlock's tower the dude was carrying them to?

Hang on. The scene with Jon and the wildling girl was funny, but why'd he have to cuddle up with her? What happened to Ghost?

Ghost went off on his own at the beginning of the episode and we didn't see him after that. Snow was cuddle up with Ygritte to reduce their chances of freezing to death.

demolitio

I actually thought Littlefinger knew at one point and is now keeping note of it to use however he pleases since he knows she's not going anywhere for now. Either way, intense scene there.

And fuck Theon. That guy went pure evil due to daddy issues and he's turned against the people that really were family to him and gave him a better life anyway. Oh, and the fuck the person that spoiled the Greyjoy story for me, you're no better than Theon! :p

Oh, and was the girl that was captured by Snow trying to wiggle and loosen the rope around her legs or was she really just being restless?

Osha FTW. Oh how much I love you even more now.

Theon you're a lost cause. There's no saving you from what's coming your way.

Another meaty episode makes 2 in a row now.

Cyan

Banned
Ghost went off on his own at the beginning of the episode and we didn't see him after that. Snow was cuddle up with Ygritte to reduce their chances of freezing to death.

Yeah, I got the latter, was just wondering why he didn't cuddle up with Ghost. I had forgotten that bit at the beginning. Watching two in a row fucked with my head. :O

I actually thought Littlefinger knew at one point and is now keeping note of it to use however he pleases since he knows she's not going anywhere for now. Either way, intense scene there.

I was wondering about that too. At first I was like, phew, he didn't recognize her. But then, it's Littlefinger. Would he really just shout out "OMG Tywin you've got Arya fucking Stark serving you wine dawg!" Naw, he'll use it when it'll most benefit him.

Osha FTW. Oh how much I love you even more now.
Fuck yeah.

Theon you're a lost cause. There's no saving you from what's coming your way.
Really hoping his sister ignores his message and lets him rot.

sangreal

I actually thought Littlefinger knew at one point and is now keeping note of it to use however he pleases since he knows she's not going anywhere for now.

That was my importation as well, but I also thought Tywin noticed she was avoiding little finger and that's why he had her pour more wine. Wish we saw the rest of their conversation

demolitio

That was my importation as well, but I also thought Tywin noticed she was avoiding little finger and that's why he had her pour more wine. Wish we saw the rest of their conversation

Yea, that could also be true. I watched that scene again and I do think Littlefinger noticed. That's quite the information to sit on for when he needs it most. Afterall, he's pretty much meeting with all sides trying to soften them up a bit so they don't kill him in case they win.

This is where not reading the books comes in handy for a change. We get to speculate still! lol

I edited this on the last page but I figured I'd ask it here too: Was the girl that was captured by Snow trying to wiggle and loosen the rope around her legs or was she really just being restless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom