• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Aquarius Update

Stitch

Gold Member
Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

No Man's Sky: Aquarius is free to download for existing players and introduces something we have been tempted to add ever since we stood on the shores of No Man’s Sky’s planets and looked out across their watery expanses - fishing!

Players can now explore the universe to find their perfect waterside spot, hopping with fish - sit and relax alone with their thoughts, or with fellow Travellers looking out over alien vistas waiting for a bite.

nowhat

Dear Hello Games:

we understand that you feel obliged to deliver updates after some "quite" misleading statements about the state/features of No Man's Sky before release. It probably was a painful time for us all. But really. You've gone above and beyond. That'll do, that'll do. Focus on your next game.

nkarafo

Fishing with rods while sporting your high-tech futuristic suit looks a bit silly though. I'm sure they would have found some more advanced method of catching fish by then.

Reminds me of WoW, while i was fishing with my super fancy, shiny epic gear.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Guess they just finished Light No Fire's fishing mechanics and figured they could use them in NMS too.

Can't wait for this game to stop getting updates so I can finally play it lol. :goog_relieved:

Mr Hyde

Fun with a new fun expedition! The diving gear looks awesome. Will come in handy exploring the sea next to my tropical beach house.

StueyDuck

Game keeps delivering, fishing Is always a welcome update.

I still feel their ultimate goal needs to be improving space exploration, right now it's still just serviceable

Shubh_C63

Dear Hello Games:

we understand that you feel obliged to deliver updates after some "quite" misleading statements about the state/features of No Man's Sky before release. It probably was a painful time for us all. But really. You've gone above and beyond. That'll do, that'll do. Focus on your next game.
Hahaha that is me. Every update I am half jokingly saying Ohh fuck off Hello Games I got your point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Focus on Light No Fire please

Hookshot

Gold Member
I swear these things are coming out monthly now. No wonder the game didn't compare to their pre release vision when they are still shoving so much into it.

Dear Hello Games:

Hahaha that is me. Every update I am half jokingly saying Ohh fuck off Hello Games I got your point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Focus on Light No Fire please
The crazy thing is, on Sean Murray’s last set of interview sessions he said that they have yet another game they didn’t even announce yet.

DonF

Im waiting for the final update to restart this game. I got the disc for like $8 a couple of years backs but I want to play it just once.

Wow, so this isn’t Worlds Part 2? Just like a bonus to Worlds Part 1?

I recently jumped back in, and as long as you know the gameplay loop is mostly scavenging and crafting and upgrading, then it’s actually one of the coolest game worlds around. The movement and flight mechanics and exploration are all excellent.

I just really wish they could introduce NPCs and a full story with quests and choices. Fallout 76 managed to do it. If this game had an actual story and quests (which it only kind of has now), then it would be the best space game of all time.

Right now it’s probably the best “chill out with music or a podcast and just try to upgrade my tools” game.

Jimmy_liv

Do you still have the hassle of sorting your ship out before you can go anywhere at the start?

Just completely puts me off dipping back in.

Fahdis

Guess they just finished Light No Fire's fishing mechanics and figured they could use them in NMS too.

Can't wait for this game to stop getting updates so I can finally play it lol. :goog_relieved:

This is Hello Games last game. Because they will never stop updating it. The day you die they announce another expansion; Starfield.

Jimmy_liv

It literally takes 5-10 minutes to fix your ship
Last time I tried, I died a load of times, finally got it working but them didn't have a warp engine and that seemed to take forever before I could really go anyway.

I don't know why there is no option to start with a ship and warp engine.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
For fuck sake…these mad men are never going to stop are they? lol. I thought World update 2 was next but nope this? Completely out of nowhere.

By the way I’m praising them here lol. Just realised might be taken the wrong way.

I guess I should give the game another shot but I want to wait for world update 2.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anyone having performance issues in VR with this?
Also, I think I'm experiencing a bug where I can no longer mine. The option on the back of the multi-tool to select mine has gone missing. Any ideas?

Top Bottom