• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody Wants to Die (PC, PS5, XBOX, 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

No One Wants To Buy

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Dope trailer. Wishlisted.

Edit: They place emphasis on being a narrative adventure, so I believe it will lean more towards the 'walking sim' genre, rather than something similar to BioShock.

That's not to say I won't be playing this as I love walking sims, even the mid ones, especially if they take place in a future noir setting.

Last edited:

Denton

They released one trailer, then now second trailer, and it is coming out in a month? Wtf?
Even if it is not some action packed shooter or whatever, it could be great as long as they nail the writing.

Might be a sleeper hit like Detroit Become Human was back then. More footage at Future Game Show in 1.5 hours.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gameplay clips from the cyberpunk detective thriller Nobody Wants To Die were peppered throughout an interview with our friends at Critical Hit Games. Nobody Wants To Die is coming to PC and consoles in 2024.

Xtib81

Looks very tempting but I'm still wondering what type of game that is. How does it play concretely?

It has my attention, however. MFers are getting tired of the fake triple aaa reveals. So I stay reserved for in-depth gameplay.

Eiknarf

Banned
Never heard of this until ten minutes ago… So there’s that.

Looks like it won’t have shooting and combat in the way I would have loved, but could be a fun detective adventure

Paperboy

Just heard of this game, reminds me of Quanero with the cyberpunk theme and the time manipulation. But as several of you have said: they have a lot to prove, being a new, small game studio. I hope it won't have too many flaws.

thief183

This will be an investigation type of game, in the vain of a point and click game, totally cool for me. but I cant already see a lot of ppl shitting on it cause it is not and action third person shooter.

BULLSHIT, ain’t no fucking way, the rendering and facial animation looks absolutely crazy. I gotta see this running on an actual video card to believe it.
I would certainly hope it's somewhere close to real. The point of all of these recent UE5 advancements in the past few years have been to give smaller developers a chance to reach a product that can at least come within the range of an AAA product.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It will make or break itself probably depending on 3 things:
Length
Pacing
Writing/Story

If any of those are a miss it will be a bad time.

A game like this needs to not be long, keep its tempo brisk to keep building, and the story needs to be in top form. Without real gameplay aside from click on this and examine that, it’ll be rough.

mdkirby

Trailer makes it look more of an action game than I’d like. Screenshots and description make it sound less so, so keeping finger crossed. Really just hoping for a solid noir detective game with a decent story

mdkirby

Dope trailer. Wishlisted.

Edit: They place emphasis on being a narrative adventure, so I believe it will lean more towards the 'walking sim' genre, rather than something similar to BioShock.

That's not to say I won't be playing this as I love walking sims, even the mid ones, especially if they take place in a future noir setting.
I hope so, that's what im wanting from it....plenty of shooty shooty games, high end walking sims are rare, and are usually pretty short so you run out of them fast

Krathoon

Gold Member
Yeah. This is really weird. No pre orders and no price yet. They are releasing it cold turkey. There is a CNET article on it and a 10 minute preview.

Eiknarf

Banned
Yeah, so bizarre.
Not giving me hope, starting to think this game is coming in hot and broken.
Hope not, cause I love the vibe.
There’s a landing page for this on Metacritic, but nothing on OpenCritic. Not even in their “coming soon”

Maddanth

Judging by the price, it's not going to be a very long game. Maybe 5-6 hrs at best. Waiting for reviews.
Someone on YouTube posted a video saying full game , approx 5 hours video is in length. So not sure if that equates to full game length but sounds about right based on price point.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Someone on YouTube posted a video saying full game , approx 5 hours video is in length. So not sure if that equates to full game length but sounds about right based on price point.
I was right about the length then. I mean, it's not bad, I'm willing to pay for a 5 hour game, maybe not at launch, but at later date sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom