• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody Wants to Die (PC, PS5, XBOX, 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatJohann

Caved in and bought it on PS5.

So far, about 30 min in, game looks beautiful and runs buttery smooth on performance mode.
It's reminding me a lot of the game Observer.

So far impressions are good.

Update: switched to Quality mode as it has ray tracing and looks better

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wasnt going to get this game, but at that price its a no brainer. I dont care if its two hours. or 10 hours. will download today.

Eiknarf

Banned
Any reviews or impressions ?
If you look at OpenCritic, its like the game doesn't exist. Its not even in the "coming soon" section.
Good job OpenCritic!!

If you look on Metacritic, there's no pro-reviews... but there's four User reviews pending (Metacritic waits 24 hours after release Date and Time to post User reviews in order to prevent Review Bombing and Console Favoritism bombing.)

Reactions: Isa

Eiknarf

Banned
Playing on PS5, really digging it. Looks beautiful and the vibes are awesome. Great soundtrack too.

Tip: There's lots of ray tracing on Quality mode. All the ray tracing disappears on Performance Mode, so Quality mode is where it's at.
So is it just discovery and problem solving?
Is it like Fort Solis?

thatJohann

Ray tracing makes a big difference in Quality mode.

Performance mode:
sqnuH6U.jpeg

Quality mode:
aBgv5Z8.jpeg

Thanofski88

Neo Member
Played for almost a hour....game has strong character it doesn't feel generic especially for 22 euros....

Story seems valid and gameplay so far I've had some investigation scenes and mostly chat..won't bother if it's keeps like that the whole game as far as story stays strong

Graphics are really good nothing mind-blowing though, no hdr as far as i can tell...

Seems solid

Last edited:
Played the first 30 minutes. Its very much Bioshock but in a cyberpunk city lol. The aesthetic, the art, the music its all Rapture like but with flying cars and monolith buildings. Character models are stylised or are just plain bad cant quite tell. Probably why you dont ever see your partner.
The vibe is just right though. Heavy rain in a beat up flying car with gravel monologues like a discount max payne. My jam.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Played the first 30 minutes. Its very much Bioshock but in a cyberpunk city lol. The aesthetic, the art, the music its all Rapture like but with flying cars and monolith buildings. Character models are stylised or are just plain bad cant quite tell. Probably why you dont ever see your partner.
The vibe is just right though. Heavy rain in a beat up flying car with gravel monologues like a discount max payne. My jam.

Ok, this sold me. Bought it on Steam, remotely installed from work, going home at lunch to spend a couple hours with it, will report back.

Krathoon

Gold Member
The game is absurdy cheap. It is rumored to be 8 hours long. Go get it.

It seems about the same length as Bioshock.

Mobilemofo

Nobody wants to die? That's quite the assumption. Anyway, I have cast my beady eye upon this here game, and I shall be observing from afar.. for now.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
If the story in Nobody Wants to Die is an investigation into finding reviews or impressions of this game then someone hurry the fuck up and finish it and let me know.

Its like this game doesn't exist, it looks decent and I quite fancy it but would like to know it doesn't completely suck first.

Last edited:

Ownage

This game just got announced a few hours ago! It's made by a newly established game studio in Poland called Critical Hit Games. It's their first game, coming out this year.

Reveal trailer:

Screenshots:
GIfiOveWwAIoOvc
GIfiSKWWYAAqCcu

GIfiUV6W0AAB8cN
GIfiWJiXEAEtNWK

Short game description:

Steam page:

Looks like the next Bioshock.

Krathoon

Gold Member
The release of this game is the most weirdest damn release I have ever seen.

No pre-orders. No reviews, just previews.

Most cold turkey release ever.

Also, barely any advertising.

xrnzaaas

Yeah I don't understand this idea of releasing the game without any buzz. They didn't even give away press codes prior to release and it doesn't look like the game needs to be afraid of super low scores from the reviewers.

I'm definitely thinking about buying it, the price seems okayish for a (supposedly) 5 hour game and it's giving me Observer vibes which I really enjoyed.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I like it so far, played through the first major level/crime scene. It's definitely got that 50's noir vibe with a generous helping of futuristic stuff. Graphics fully cranked on PC look really great. Maybe not up to Still Wakes the Deep, but they're really good. Bioshock only in aesthetic. It's basically a first person point and click detective game, and I'm all in.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Played it for a short while. It feels pretty well made for a small team, and the price is also ok for what it is.

But tbh, the game is just not for me. Too slow and restricted.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
The publisher's parent company is Embracer. They've had a rough year.
But it doesn't take money to "get the word out" about this game.

For the last two weeks they could have posted short clips and pics on Twitter, Insta, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok building up some hype and recognition for the low price of... FREE!!!!!!

But nope! That costs too much

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I like it so far, played through the first major level/crime scene. It's definitely got that 50's noir vibe with a generous helping of futuristic stuff. Graphics fully cranked on PC look really great. Maybe not up to Still Wakes the Deep, but they're really good. Bioshock only in aesthetic. It's basically a first person point and click detective game, and I'm all in.

I cum buckets for anything remotely Blade Runner. Works for me.

Got it on pc and absolutely love it. The vibe is second to none. The opening scene alone is worth the price tag to me. Hope they expand on this universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom