• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody Wants to Die (PC, PS5, XBOX, 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Dance Lol GIF by Carnival Cruise Line

So its good? :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I still have no fucking idea what this game is like. Chuck, sell me on this.

salva

all i wanna know is can you manually drive (fly) the vehicle through the streets? If so, instant buy regardless of anything else in this game

Justin9mm

I can't play games without combat; the story would have to be incredibly fucking strong for me to play 8+ hours of a detective game. Like award winning strong!

The fact the price started out low means, it can only get lower over time, so if its good, I'll wait to get it on a deep sale.

I got burnt on Trepang2, completely different game, but they released that at a lower price and majority of reviews said it was one of the best FPS' of recent. Was a whole lot of jank and had my attention for less than 2 hours before shelving it.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
We can do Columbia too

Z8S68ZR.jpeg

Shits insane

If you like old school adventure games and blade runner get on it immediately. Writing is hit or miss but the atmosphere is already nuts.

And did John Williams or the ilk do this soundtrack because what the fuck

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It looks really good but gameplay is absolutely trash. I dont know why these devs cant make good puzzles. the gimmick is manipulating time but its all so linear and basic. i think arkham origins back in 2013 had better detective scenes than this.

good world building and character building though. the two leads have a good back and forth, and i was intrigued to hear just how fucked up this future really is. no concept of driving cars or boats but they have flying cars and skyscrapers.

A few gifs here. very good looking game.

Eiknarf

Banned
I can't play games without combat; the story would have to be incredibly fucking strong for me to play 8+ hours of a detective game. Like award winning strong!

The fact the price started out low means, it can only get lower over time, so if its good, I'll wait to get it on a deep sale.

I got burnt on Trepang2, completely different game, but they released that at a lower price and majority of reviews said it was one of the best FPS' of recent. Was a whole lot of jank and had my attention for less than 2 hours before shelving it.
But wasn’t Trepang2 fun combat?

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Tempted to jump on this since the price is low, but I'm hoping they'll be doing a physical release as well down the road.

Also, I'm going to make a review thread later today since I see that OpenCritic has made a page for the game and there's 2 reviews already up on it.

Review thread is up - https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nobody-wants-to-die-review-thread.1672945/

I'll ofc update it as more reviews come in.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I still have no fucking idea what this game is like. Chuck, sell me on this.

It’s your basic old school detective noir adventure game but in first person (dialogue choices that affect the future, shit to pick up, puzzles)

I personally think it’s worth the price of admission based solely on the visuals, atmosphere and music, but like I said I’m a complete sucker for anything that looks like Blade Runner.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Please use the current review thread for current discussion please. Prevents two threads running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom