• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
I'm picturing myself nice and cozy at work, sipping hot cocoa, smoking cigarettes, and getting paid for doing nothing because there won't be any customers. I'm giddy like a schoolboy

C6wqf0RXUAA6O8l.jpg

Ayyyyyy, more Horizon time then.

RedSwirl

Man I sure hope those tree people get here on time tomorrow. Right now the top part of the trunk of a tree in my back yard is hanging in the branches about 30ft above my house. It's been swaying in the wind for a few days now.

Beeks

Just put in for a hotel room near work for tomorrow night, since 12"-18" is pretty much apocalyptic for my commute route. At least the overtime I'll be getting will easily pay for the room and still make me a tidy sum on top. Even when they don't have power or heat, people will still call their cable company to whine about no TV or internet.

Wag

I live in the Boston suburbs and am getting ready for back surgery- so I can't dig and have no one to help dig my car out.

I will post real-time as I slowly die in my apartment over the next few weeks...

I live in the Boston suburbs and am getting ready for back surgery- so I can't dig and have no one to help dig my car out.

I will post real-time as I slowly die in my apartment over the next few weeks...

Find some enterprising kids and bribe em to handle it

Wag

Find some enterprising kids and bribe em to handle it

If only. There are no kids in condo development- the Shovler app is my only option it seems and they hike up the price after a big storm. If we get >15" as expected, it will cost well >$100 to dig my car out. And what happens if it snows again?

Hopin for 18 in nyc so my commute is blocked from westchester!!! Granted my job needs that day for work but id rather be greedy and have a day off

Davey Cakes

Vengeance on the ides of March.

I hate it. Wish the weather would just be mild at this point until the summer, but no, winter has to constantly rear its ugly head.

Remember when we had temps in the 90s in March? It was only a couple of years ago. Freak occurrence, sure, but now we're dealing with the 20s and snow around the same time. Crazy. I'll always take hot over cold.

Is it going to snow on Wed or not goddamnit?!

Also does anyone know, comparatively, how bad is this? Whens the last time NYC got that much snow?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gonna need to call off of work for this :(

Not sad because I'm missing work time .. sad because I'm dreading shoveling all the snow.

representing NOVA, supposed to get 6-8 'in.

Linkura

Guess I'll be working from home all week.... already doing so today as my cat is getting her tooth pulled. And I'm coming off a week of vacation that I took due to stress. Not a bad way to come back- not having to deal with my boss in person.

dankir

25-30 CM in Montreal forecasted for tomorrow night and Wednesday. Well at least my snow removal guys will have something to do. They haven't had clear my driveway since like mid Feb. the weather has been so damn mild recently.

I got bitched out for not coming to work a couple months ago when it snowed ~5-7 inches in NYC, so I guess I'm going in as long as the subway is running...

Lombax

Banned
The way folks are "reporting" on this thing around us [New Hampshire] you would think that either

A. People have never seen snow IN THE WINTER before.
B. Snow is some kind of mystical murder wind what kills people.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Holy shit I'm pretty squarely in the 12" to 18" area now. Well damn, its cold but clear sky's out today but I guess I'm fine hunkering down tomorrow. I can try and finish Horizon Zero Dawn and jump into Yakuza 0.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Current Blizzard warning for Westchester, NY:

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 18 TO 24 INCHES. * SNOWFALL RATES... 2 TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR EARLY TUESDAY MORNING INTO TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

what the fuck

Live about 20 minutes from philly in south jersey and we are on the line of either getting dumped on or it snowing really hard then mixing. Forecast keeps changing for this area. I just read we could get up to 2 feet. And then another that says 8 inches

Also I work on a golf course and we are on a very tight deadline at the moment, so this is really gonna not be good.

12-18" for me here in PA. Hoping we get 18+ so that I can have two days off. I will be playing Zelda the entire time. So excited lol.

My flight is scheduled to leave DC Weds morning at 6am. All flights for tonight and tomorrow have already been cancelled.

Hope I'll be able to get out that early Weds or I may be stuck here for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom