• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Nope. Hardcore matches have run its course. That's way too expensive of a price point for a first time promotion. Hardcore wrestling is a relic of the 90's and should stay there.

Umm... they've been running shows for a while now, and there's one hardcore match on the card.

I'd also dispute the hardcore has no place nowadays thing, but that's a separate argument to have.

bjork

Help me out here friends. I'm working on a gaming-side topic and I need to know what gets people upset, beyond the usual glaring things.

I've noticed people on gaming-side REALLY don't like being told how to dress, so it got me thinking...what else gives maximum blowback? Besides Nintendo or Vita discussion?

Why are you trying to account suicide?

View image on Twitter
Alberto El Patron ✔ @VivaDelRio
Follow
@VivaDelRio: I want to announce the following joint statement by me and the WWE...

B2DT9lxCYAAQx63.jpg

Good to seem them parting amicably now.

View image on Twitter
Alberto El Patron ✔ @VivaDelRio
Follow
@VivaDelRio: I want to announce the following joint statement by me and the WWE...

Good to seem them parting amicably now.

That's code for 'I was going to sue them over their stupid non-compete, and they panicked'

ROH talent may be stopped from working PWG next year?

"ProWrestling.net is reporting via a member exclusive audio that there have been some discussions within ROH management that they will limit contracted talent from working other promotions, one of which is PWG. There are multiple factors going into this type of decision and nothing is final. But if this does go into affect it would start next year when talent contracts come up.

One of the issues talked about is management not understanding why ROH talent would work for PWG for less money while seemingly working “harder” ie taking more bumps or just having more fun there."

Help me out here friends. I'm working on a gaming-side topic and I need to know what gets people upset, beyond the usual glaring things.

I've noticed people on gaming-side REALLY don't like being told how to dress, so it got me thinking...what else gives maximum blowback? Besides Nintendo or Vita discussion?

man too bad you weren't the one to blow the lid on that halo 5 ads thing lawl

Suggest how they dress their Vita demons.

ROH talent may be stopped from working PWG next year?

That sucks. I guess they'd be losing Elgin, Cole, Roddy, Hero, Ciampa, more I can't remember. That's a decent hit to take.

Episode 4 of British Bootcamp 2 is up;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29rnvp

This episode features the last 16 competitors putting on a show in London, with the judges then deciding on 6 finalists to go to America for TNA. Three good matches on this one, especially Mastiff vs Rampage, well worth a watch.

It's clearly on their radar because of Elgin being a fucking idiot, so why not?

It would just mean different talent again. No biggie.

Yeah, it's not like PWG has a problem with finding new young talent, that's ROH's deal. Sucks if guys like Cole are prevented from working there, though.

That sucks. I guess they'd be losing Elgin, Cole, Roddy, Hero, Ciampa, more I can't remember. That's a decent hit to take.

Roddy didn't renew his contract, iirc. Hero isn't signed. Cedric Alexander is and so are Bobby Fish & O'Reilly, I think.

Episode 4 of British Bootcamp 2 is up;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29rnvp

This episode features the last 16 competitors putting on a show in London, with the judges then deciding on 6 finalists to go to America for TNA. Three good matches on this one, especially Mastiff vs Rampage, well worth a watch.
Are they highlights, or the full matches? I assume the former, which is a shame.
Yeah, it's not like PWG has a problem with finding new young talent, that's ROH's deal. Sucks if guys like Cole are prevented from working there, though.

Roddy didn't renew his contract, iirc. Hero isn't signed. Cedric Alexander is and so are Bobby Fish & O'Reilly, I think.
I thought Roddy was leading up that stable with Whitmer and Jacobs? Didn't realise he was gone/unsigned. I totally forgot about Kyle, I guess Richochet is taking the title then

Grumpy Cat to host RAW;

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20870974,00.html

The end is nigh.

Are they highlights, or the full matches? I assume the former, which is a shame.

Extended highlights, just enough to make it feel like a real match. They had to get 4 matches and the judging into a 60 minute show with advert breaks.

I thought Roddy was leading up that stable with Whitmer and Jacobs? Didn't realise he was gone/unsigned. I totally forgot about Kyle, I guess Richochet is taking the title then

He's still working in ROH, just not signed any more - which is why he was able to work the last set of EVOLVE shows.

Ithil

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20870974,00.html

The WWE is about to get a little bit grumpy.

Grumpy Cat will host Monday Night Raw on Nov. 17 to promote her upcoming Lifetime movie, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"WWE's mission is to put smiles on people's faces – and now we will attempt the same with Grumpy Cat!" said WWE Chief Brand Officer, Stephanie McMahon.

She added: "We are going to do everything in our power to make sure she has a good time." (And to that, we wish them luck.)

Aubrey Plaza voices the Internet's most popular kitty in Grumpy Cat's film debut, which tells the story of a young girl who gets the grouchy feline for Christmas.

Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever premieres on Lifetime Nov. 29 at 8 p.m.

13891446406514cq16.gif

I am watching NJPW Power Struggle after reading the review of it on 411mania and while I've always been aware that Japanese wrestling has been great, I never really got into it beyond BJW. Anyway I like the event, at the time I post this I just finished watching the match with AJ Styles and Yoshi Tatsu which I thought was good.

It's hard to believe I've been watching AJ Styles for over 12 years. I really think he's come into his own in the Bullet Club. Can't wait for the Tokyo Dome event.

Ithil

I can't see how the WWE is so out of the mainstream with such a cultural zeitgeist going on in their guest appearances.

Fox318

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20870974,00.html

The WWE is about to get a little bit grumpy.

Grumpy Cat will host Monday Night Raw on Nov. 17 to promote her upcoming Lifetime movie, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"WWE's mission is to put smiles on people's faces – and now we will attempt the same with Grumpy Cat!" said WWE Chief Brand Officer, Stephanie McMahon.

She added: "We are going to do everything in our power to make sure she has a good time." (And to that, we wish them luck.)

Aubrey Plaza voices the Internet's most popular kitty in Grumpy Cat's film debut, which tells the story of a young girl who gets the grouchy feline for Christmas.

Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever premieres on Lifetime Nov. 29 at 8 p.m.

13891446406514cq16.gif

This is fucking insane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am watching NJPW Power Struggle after reading the review of it on 411mania and while I've always been aware that Japanese wrestling has been great, I never really got into it beyond BJW. Anyway I like the event, at the time I post this I just finished watching the match with AJ Styles and Yoshi Tatsu which I thought was good.

It's hard to believe I've been watching AJ Styles for over 12 years. I really think he's come into his own in the Bullet Club. Can't wait for the Tokyo Dome event.

Did you catch any of Styles in the G1 this year? His best work, bar none. He's still wrestler of the year for me because of his unbelievable performance in the G1. Every match he was in was a fresh matchup, too, which also helps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Be honest with yourselves. Grumpy Cat is a better visitor than most of the roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly friends, a cat is going to bring more entertainment to Raw than The Big Show, so you shouldn't be upset about this.

Or are you worried about people taking our sport seriously?

Top Bottom