• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
11:22 into Chrono Trigger now. I just
faced and defeated Magus for the first time.
That whole area was awesome to play. Good tension.

I still haven't died yet, though. The game feels pretty easy overall, but seems to care more about the story line, tech combos, and style. Really enjoying it regardless of the difficulty so far. The triple tech attack with Crono, Frog, and Robo just slays bosses. Spammed the heck out of that combo for Slash, Flea, and Magus.

BlandNecessaryCormorant.gif

11:22 into Chrono Trigger now. I just
faced and defeated Magus for the first time.
That whole area was awesome to play. Good tension.

I still haven't died yet, though. The game feels pretty easy overall, but seems to care more about the story line, tech combos, and style. Really enjoying it regardless of the difficulty so far. The triple tech attack with Crono, Frog, and Robo just slays bosses. Spammed the heck out of that combo for Slash, Flea, and Magus.

It's quite easy all the way through, means you don't need to grind much which is a huge plus.

Alucard

Banned
It's quite easy all the way through, means you don't need to grind much which is a huge plus.

I'm cool with that. It's just really fun to play regardless. I've read about the tons of possible endings for the game, etc. I'll worry about that stuff once I finish the game for myself the first time.

DiscoJon

Banned
I can't believe I just found out that Archibald "Marchie Archie" Peck was killed at the last Chikara show a couple weeks ago. :(

220px-Archibald_Peck_entrance.jpg

Rest in Peace, sweet prince...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nakamura vs shibata was really disapointing, I cant place my finger why tho. Their G1 match was much better

Ishii vs Goto was good tho, WWE wishes they could pull off "tough guy vs tough guy" matches like this

nakamura vs shibata was really disapointing, I cant place my finger why tho. Their G1 match was much better

Ishii vs Goto was good tho, WWE wishes they could pull off "tough guy vs tough guy" matches like this

While I don't know who Ishii or Goto are and give so little of an eff as to even warrant a Google search to find out which would probably take up as much time as it did for me to compose this post, you mentioned WWE and I feel compelled to reply despite my ignorance.

You are wrong. Wyatt Family vs. The Shield was as good if not better than Ishii vs. Goto, whom I do not know.

A startling revelation from the Shawn Michaels Appreciation Thread: The Final Chapter (Thank you, Shawn) :

I was the biggest Bret Hart fan between 1994 (when I started getting into WWF) through his retirement. I hated Shawn, and I was there live at WM12 when Shawn beat Bret in the Iron Man match. Do you remember his entrance? He was right above my head when he started flying down! It's like he spit in my Bret Hart loving face!

I didn't become an HBK fan until his 2nd career 2002-2010. Maybe it was nostalgia for 90s WWF since he was one of the last guys left from that era. While Triple H kept trying to force his WM moment by burying Booker T and Jericho, Shawn just continued to steal the show by just putting on the best damn match that night, or tried to. Say all you will about Shawn, but he never puts on a "Raw match" when he hits that WM stage.

Teams for the World Tag League;

Block A -
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu
    [*]TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
    [*]CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)
    [*]Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi)
    [*]Tetsuya Naito & La Sombra
    [*]Rob Conway & Jax Dane
    [*]The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven)
    [*]Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
Block B -
  • CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohio Ishii)
    [*]Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
    [*]G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)
    [*]Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
    [*]Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano
    [*]K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr)
    [*]Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
    [*]Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
The dorks liked Bret Hart
The dorks who didn't realize they were dorks liked Shawn Michaels
the cool guys liked big daddy cool himself, Diesel

Kevin Nash fans; insulting others to prop up their own fragile egos since 1990. Bret > Nash, Then. Now. Forever.

New Japan announced some more matches for the Tokyo Dome. Pretty much what you'd expect. Looks like an amazing car so far.

- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada IWGP title

- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi IWGP IC title

- Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba UWF rules

- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe Never title

- Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega IWGP jr. title

- Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Young Bucks vs. Alex Shelley & Kushida vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov IWGP jr. tag titles

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Mr Wrestling' Bret Hart had no problem accepting wins where his opponent was beaten by someone else. Scumbag Shitman.

Aiii

So not worth it
R.D. Reynolds (co-author of Death of WCW) just did a 3-hour interview with Vince Russo... And it sounds like it will be glorious!

So just got done recording what wound up as a three hour (!!!!!) interview where I was interviewed by Vince Russo. To say it was a train wreck may be an insult to any and all trains that have ever wrecked. Some "highlights":

- him claiming that WCW losing $62M in a year was something we basically just made up (I didn't have the source on me at the time)

- him claiming that he was hired simply to get ratings, and that the shows he wrote had zero impact on house show attendance, ppv buy rates, or merchandise sales

- me laughing outloud - and on camera - at his rantings and ravings

- me telling him to shut up at least five times so I could actually say something

- me suggesting we get a Kickstarter going so he could go to therapy

- us doing a virtual handshake at the end and burying the hatchet

Not sure when it is posting, or if anyone would want to watch it, but yeah, it was something. I was completely worn out by the end.

bjork

Have the first three volume of the One Piece manga, should get around to that. It's also on Hulu Plus, what do I watch guys?

If you're going to do any of those long series, I would definitely read them over watching them, and then maybe check out the episodes for specific chapters just to see them animated. Naruto really kinda fell apart once Shippuden started and meandered to an ending. One Piece was great until the timeskip, and it's honestly felt long and drawn out since then.

If you want a MANga, I would say read Crows and its sequel series, Worst. High school guys knocking the shit out of each other with sticks and stuff, good times.

It wouldn't be difficult. I'd wear your old avatar and spam Shawn Michaels gifs in as many threads as possible until Evilore makes a sticky thread in which he bans Shawn Michaels gifs from non wrestling related threads.*

*this actually happened

It wasn't just gifs, I got hammered for a jpg back then.

Also I apparently got two purple Macho Man cards in supercard. Where are people pulling these crazy-ass yellow Undertakers and shit from? I'm ultra rare tier and I still always pull common to rare level cards.

Why are you spouting bad things about the greatest gaming soundtrack of ALL TIME™ Rafa?
Just quoting their commercial brah. The info on the World Tag League and their Wrestle Kingdom card just shows how lackluster it is. NJPW sputters like the midcard of The E. I shudder to think how they will botch the best of Super Juniors. They're on the verge of losing market share. And GFW has proven thus far to be nothing more than a symbiote than the full fledged company many envisioned when it was announced. Save us Gabe..........

Alucard

Banned
That would be NXT. Though I swear Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy were names of wrestlers for IPW back in the day. Yep.

Uhh...

reDRagon
The Addiction
Young Bucks
The Briscoes
Monster Mafia
War Machine
The Decade

???

Besides Vaudevillains, Lucha Dragons, and The Ascension, who else is out there? (I don't get NXT in Quebec)

Uhh...

reDRagon
The Addiction
Young Bucks
The Briscoes
Monster Mafia
War Machine
The Decade

???

Besides Vaudevillains, Lucha Dragons, and The Ascension, who else is out there? (I don't get NXT in Quebec)

There's Enzo & Big Cass, it looks like Itami and Balor, there's Sylvester LeFort and that dude...

Top Bottom