• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Anth0ny

This has been a pretty terrible year for WWE all things considered. Outside of Wrestlemania and Lesnar destroying Cena I can't think of any real good highlights

Yeah that's literally all I can think of. Rumble to Mania is always decent (though it was especially entertaining this year), and Summer Slam is usually a good show that they manage to completely fuck up the weeks and months following. TV between Summer Slam and January are the complete shits.

Laserfrog

Sunny lit up the sky like the sun.
Until he was unjustifiably banned.
Now we are all alone in this cruel world.
Flashback was a good game.
Let us not forget.
Our good friend Sunflower.
Woe are we without his good spirit around.
Earth just isn't the same without him.
Rhubard crumble is really tasty.

somedevil

It seems William Regal has retired:

Last night at his one-man show after the Raw taping, William Regal was asked about why he wasn't wrestling on the tour, and he revealed that he got a three level cervical fusion surgery a few months ago. It's notable that he got the three level fusion surgery, because in the past, when active wrestlers got their necks fused, they opted to fuse less than three levels together because three level fusion is a career-ender. If he's retired, and it sure sounds like he is, then he went out in style with his NXT match against Cesaro that was taped a little over a year ago and aired on the year-end show that premiered Christmas Day. Looking back, the match was worked and presented felt like a farewell, so it seems like he might have known it was the end.

His final match was 12-25-13 against Cesaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_s6HgetOY

iKvhLcaqMm8wv.gif

it's a new day, friends

Okay I barely pay attention these days, but I thought Xavier was doing a gospel singing gimmick? Are all three of them (adding Big E) going to be singing on Raw?

Aiii

So not worth it
Got to see Regal wrestle Curtis Axel during the Euro tour two years ago, very happy that I got to see him in action at least once.

strobogo

Banned
Sunny lit up the sky like the sun.
Until he was unjustifiably banned.
Now we are all alone in this cruel world.
Flashback was a good game.
Let us not forget.
Our good friend Sunflower.
Woe are we without his good spirit around.
Earth just isn't the same without him.
Rhubard crumble is really tasty.

iyFlT3JU8nciM.gif

gurudyne

I don't see why people thought this would be a good thing.

Should have been a good thing. It's basic storytelling--build up a threat then hide it way for a while or make occasional mention of it so when it shows up, it means something big is happening. You see that everywhere in fiction because it works. Satellite champ Brock Lesnar should be treated like a physical demigod and everytime he showed up, he should have wrecked damn near everything. They've invested too much into the character to do otherwise. But somehow, the show killed a large part of the gravitas Brock had so little about his satellite reign feels important. If NoC hadn't ended the way it did, this problem might still exist, but it wouldn't be as bad. As it stands, all but two of the people I know who watched RAW frequently have given up on the product entirely because even when Brock was front and center the show was boring them to tears. It's amazing the potential they pissed away here.

Ithil

Okay I barely pay attention these days, but I thought Xavier was doing a gospel singing gimmick? Are all three of them (adding Big E) going to be singing on Raw?

I am under the impression that it's a preacher type gimmick, not specifically a singing one.

It feels like an eternity since we saw a Brock match >_<

Well, both are still Ubisoft collect-a-thons with stealth elements, but I'd be very hard pressed to say they play the same. The actual AssCreed format is busted imo, as shown by the sailing and pirating being the most compelling aspect of AC4, so I'd already decided to skip Unity well before this debacle began.

Yeah at least 75% of my time playing Black Flag was sailing. Was a ton of fun and I nejoyed the assassin stuff but not as a main course.

Kaladin

You seriously have to question the decision to storyline Daniel Bryan's title strip while allowing Brock Lesnar to go without wrestling for months because he's not contracted to be there.

I understand they stripped Bryan because of an extended injury, but still....make it publicly known that is what you're doing, don't make it a storyline and make it look like The Authority is stripping him because it's best for business, and then give it to a guy who isn't going to be on the product during 80% of his reign as champ even though he's healthy as a horse.

Alucard

Banned
The Xavier Woods stuff looks fun in promo vids, but it's going to be terrible in a live environment. Coming out in a cloak, walking like James Brown, and looking like an idiot. Fandango/Adam Rose/Brodus remix, here we come. The only way this works is if it's a swerve.

Vince McMahon made a surprise appearance before the live crowd at today’s WWE Smackdown taping in Liverpool, England.

According to a live fan report, Vince came out after numerous “Where’s Our Network” chants from the crowd throughout the night, which featured the complete taping of both WWE Smackdown and WWE Main Event. The boss told the locals that Liverpool sounds like a skin disease, and did his best to take the heat from the WWE Network debacle on himself.

There’s no spoilers here, as the segment was just for the live crowd, and will not air on the U.S. broadcast of Smackdown this Friday night.

John Cena Praises Nikki Bella

John Cena tweeted about his girlfriend Nikki Bella, praising her for her appearance. Below is the tweet:
John Cena &#10004; @JohnCena
Follow
Very proud of Nicole for last night's @MTVEMA's. That's how you present. Watch your hands next time, @DavidHasselhoff! @BellaTwins
2:19 PM - 10 Nov 2014

what a heel couple

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

(3) Dolph Ziggler beat Cesaro and Tyson Kidd in a triple threat elimination match to retain the Intercontinental Title. This was a Match of the Year contender, going roughly 25 minutes. Cesaro was eliminated first after Kidd pinned him, then Ziggler pinned Kidd. Superb match.

This match is being hyped up big on twitter and reviews with it being called match of the year and people saying it was 5 stars. Hopefully the match delivers.

Wow so much potential and yet they gutted it to make rev dvon 2.0 again. They should be NWA not BSF(smiling faces). They need HHH to mock them like he did to Booker 11 years ago to complete it. They must have this so vince can laugh at them while they shuck and jive for him

Thorakai

Vince McMahon made a surprise appearance before the live crowd at today’s WWE Smackdown taping in Liverpool, England.

According to a live fan report, Vince came out after numerous “Where’s Our Network” chants from the crowd throughout the night, which featured the complete taping of both WWE Smackdown and WWE Main Event. The boss told the locals that Liverpool sounds like a skin disease, and did his best to take the heat from the WWE Network debacle on himself.

There’s no spoilers here, as the segment was just for the live crowd, and will not air on the U.S. broadcast of Smackdown this Friday night.

is there word for why they delayed the network or are they taking the CM Punk route and ignoring the issue?

is there word for why they delayed the network or are they taking the CM Punk route and ignoring the issue?

Some say Sky Sports put the Kibosh to those plans, but only WWE knows the true reason why.

We all know by now that Vince doesn't want to admit fault in anything and by trying to work the crowd he gets to feel like he is in control.

Fox318

Smackdown Spoilers:

This match is being hyped up big on twitter and reviews with it being called match of the year and people saying it was 5 stars. Hopefully the match delivers.

Cesaro and Ziggler should be fighting in the main event for the heavyweight title.

somedevil

Sounds like WK9 officially 4 hours. Guessing the cut intermission and an 8 man tag

They might have to cut or not show a lot because this card could be easily over 12 matches if they want to fit all the New Japan, Roh and NWA talent on the card.

Hell they might give a Great Muta vs. Jushin Liger match on the card.

Top Bottom