• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
Global Force Wrestling Presents: New Japan Pro Wrestling Presents: Wrestle Kingdom, In Association with Ring of Honor and The National Wrestling Alliance.

Ithil

Sad about the 4 hour window, as it will kill the undercard of the show, but I get it. Sacrifices have to be made to make it more appealing to international audiences.

somedevil

Trailer for WK9 IS Hype

http://youtu.be/2WoNFO6furg

Also last year's show was 5 hours and change . shorting it is not a bad thing

It all depends on different factors. Will Sinclair allow the ROH talent on the pay per view in fear that it will eat potential buyers of the ROH one in December.

Also, will New Japan jam everyone into the show because if they do get ready for a lot of short undercard matches or 8 man tags. Also get ready for some of those to be not on the show.

Do they REALLY need the NWA stuff though

can't they just throw all those guys into a multi-man match or something

Well one NWA match could be Liger vs the Great Muta

RBH

wk9-announcer-release.jpg

Awesome news.

MC Safety

with the way shows are edited charisma is manufactured today.

To an extent. But if you're suggesting WWE can make Ziggler and Cesaro into a commodity like Stone Cold, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, etc., I think you are overestimating the company's reach and ability.

Ithil

To an extent. But if you're suggesting WWE can make Ziggler and Cesaro into a commodity like Stone Cold, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, etc., I think you are overestimating the company's reach and ability.

They can make them into a bigger commodity than "midcard jobber to the stars".

Fox318

They did it with Cena, Khali, and Batista..

Raw64life

Global Force Wrestling Presents: New Japan Pro Wrestling Presents: Wrestle Kingdom, In Association with Ring of Honor and The National Wrestling Alliance.

I still don't know what GFW is. Are they gonna have their own shows and own signed wrestlers at any point? It's been like a year now.

MC Safety

They did it with Cena, Khali, and Batista..

I know you want to argue the point, but neither Cesaro nor Ziggler possess the basic charisma of either Cena or Batista, and neither is as big/muscular/steroided.

Khali's run as champion, I believe, was based on his freakish size. I suppose his charisma rivals that of Ziggler's, even if he is non-communicative.

The WWE can only do so much to elevate a wrestler. I don't think Ziggler or Cesaro can carry an audience as champions.

krae_man

Ask not what John Cena can do for you,
Ask what you can do for John Cena.

I know you want to argue the point, but neither Cesaro nor Ziggler possess the basic charisma of either Cena or Batista, and neither is as big/muscular/steroided.

Khali's run as champion, I believe, was based on his freakish size. I suppose his charisma rivals that of Ziggler's, even if he is non-communicative.

The WWE can only do so much to elevate a wrestler. I don't think Ziggler or Cesaro can carry an audience as champions.

People like Cena, Orton, HHH get the entire marketing budget/TV programming of the company dedicated solely towards promoting them and putting them over. They don't even attempt even a fraction of that level of backing to anyone else they've made champion. Reality is we don't know if they can "make another Cena" because they are too busy holding onto this one to even try.

People say Dolph can't carry people, but he had super hot matches with Miz and Kane, even if they weren't that good matches. I don't think he's main event material still, but charisma isn't the problem. Cesaro is similar where he can have hot matches, but also has a better look.

Wait we lost Sunny again?

We lost Sunny yesterday, Sibersk. Way to keep up with the program!

strobogo

Banned
Uh oh. What did Sunny do?

Someone in this very thread is a whiny little cunt who can't accept someone daring to make fun of embarrassing pieces of shit like some dude trying to start a MOVEMENT because he, as a gamer, is just so gosh darn mad. Or disgusting pedantic serial killer shitheads who put toys up on their wall and rant about shit. Or say that a large portion of wrestling fans are dumb fucks with no social or hygiene skills, much like the same people who start one of those US GAMERS MOVEMENTS. Because on GAF, we can't have anyone's feelings hurt. Get banned for having the gall to have a negative opinion of pedos and Bronys being upset that they'll have to watch their precious movie version with a bunch of kids and can't jerk off or something. Shit hit too close to home for someone in here and they snitched.

Yet it is totally cool for blatantly racist and sexist shit to get posted every day. But god forbid you make fun of shitty assed gamers and pedos. Don't be mean to publishers or creators. But fuck black people and women, who cares about them.

Someone in this very thread is a whiny little cunt who can't accept someone daring to make fun of embarrassing pieces of shit like some dude trying to start a MOVEMENT because he, as a gamer, is just so gosh darn mad. Or disgusting pedantic serial killer shitheads who put toys up on their wall and rant about shit. Or say that a large portion of wrestling fans are dumb fucks with no social or hygiene skills, much like the same people who start one of those US GAMERS MOVEMENTS. Because on GAF, we can't have anyone's feelings hurt. Get banned for having the gall to have a negative opinion of pedos and Bronys being upset that they'll have to watch their precious movie version with a bunch of kids and can't jerk off or something. Shit hit too close to home for someone in here and they snitched.

Yet it is totally cool for blatantly racist and sexist shit to get posted every day. But god forbid you make fun of shitty assed gamers and pedos. Don't be mean to publishers or creators. But fuck black people and women, who cares about them.

Deep breaths, bro. Deep breaths.

Stay away from gaming. We've already lost UberTag

Our card is razor thin as it is!

Psssh. The waters fine. You simply have to know how to properly wade in it without making too many waves.

Carnby

I've been here long enough to know exactly what you mean. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll stop there, before someone snitches on me and gets me banned for agreeing with you.

Ric Flair

Banned

q3hqjbf.gif

100HH2U.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The whole island unto itself attitude is how people get banned and communities get gutted.

*cough*
RockbandGAF
*cough*
NBAGAF
*cough*

Because in the end someone always snitches, so... snitch first?

Omega

Banned
im sure you guys discussed it but i passed out an woke up to this

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-sm...-snaps-at-smackdown-taping-berates-bored-fans

might as well stay in east bumblefuck, montana where they eat up the garbage you give them.

it was nice knowing you stro. you always kept it real

The whole island unto itself attitude is how people get banned and communities get gutted.

*cough*
RockbandGAF
*cough*
NBAGAF
*cough*

Because in the end someone always snitches, so... snitch first?
nba gaf got banned because some dude always talked shit and people talked shit back but his fragile little mind couldn't take it anymore and tried to play the victim. and it worked, because why bother using the features our website has?

its why i respect simplythebest. his youtube show might be garbage and we give him shit for it all the time but he hasn't snitched
yet

That's some mighty fine shootin', pardner.

ibi0o7S7PdE78b.gif

Maybe someone from his thread in Gaming got 'spicious and decided to click his post history, and then got butthurt about the "fatass gamers" comment. Or it could've been any one of you people, it's hard to say what with our high snitch rate

Zach

Stro, man, don't get banned. And my fellow Tulsan is banned? ;_;

P.S. I'm watching The Place Beyond the Pines and I'm preeetty sure it just turned into Serpico outta nowhere.

Top Bottom