• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

DiscoJon

Banned
You aren't fun OR playful, friend.

Fuck you.

this post has a fun and playful rating of 0, try again, friend

88.gif

You know, I've been wanting to go full heel for a while. All you Fun and Playful goofs have given me the push off the ledge that I needed. Wrasslegaf deserves a better class of villain and I'm gonna give it to you.

mmarchie.jpg

Just finished watching Lucha Underground off the DVR. This show just gets better and better.

I love Chavo just going for broke as a heel. I love Dario Cueto segments. I love an ancient Mini on my TV wrecking shop. I love that in just two weeks of licking luchador's faces on my TV, Catrina has become the sexiest woman in all of wrestling. I love the continued emphasis on Puma and the "only on Lucha Underground" thing they did at the end of his vignette this week. I love Johnny Mundo actually kinda looking like a badass. And fuck, did I love that Main Event.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's the only way. The TV Shows just feel like a giant advert for things not really related to wrestling, such as John Cena. (LOLOLOOLLKOLKOLLOASDLOASDLOASDLOADOL)

Not watching Raw and only watching PPV's has greatly improved my enjoyment of wrestling in general. I'm only half as bitter nowadays, which is good.

Lucha Underground just restores my faith in wrestling on TV though, this and NXT and a monthly WWE PPV along with some New Japan is all I need, fuck Raw.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Lucha Underground hnnnnnnggggg.

Gonna be some Breaking Lucha soon, this shits awesome high.

This crowd and the NXT crowds take shows to another level.

3 Man lucha match is insane, so many gifs.

Recall

For every good RAW episode you have to endure at least 15 shitty ones. TV wrestling is pointless so I'm totally behind just watching PPVs. It's not as if a storyline is every more complex then "we don't like each other"

Even though Hulk Hogan has been talking about training for an in-ring return and getting a Wrestlemania 31 match, the decision is ultimately not his.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Hogan will have to pass a physical, which applies to everyone age 45 or older, and this includes Sting, too. WWE has implimented strict testing policies for physical exams ever since Jerry ” The King” Lawler suffered a heart attack on RAW. It’s being said that this example is why Hogan’s physical contact with anyone has been so limited so far.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vince Russo interviews R.D. Reynolds, writer of Death of WCW:
http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/podcast/swerve-ep-17-featuring-rd-reynolds-death-wcw-debate/

If you listen to ONE thing today, listen to this podcast, it's batshit insane (includes a half hour of Vince Russo blowing his lid about being on the cover and thus implying he killed WCW).

It's an amazing trainwreck, if it wasn't Russo I'd almost subscribe to his website just to hear the 2nd part.

Alucard

Banned

Doesn't sound like a fun time for anybody. The wrestlers are worried about their jobs, the execs are frustrated because no one's signing off on a TV deal for their product, and fans are either waiting on with baited breath or watching on with indifference.

Because of so many mistakes made by TNA over the years, they've lost the confidence of the fans and probably a lot of the wrestlers too.

Lucha Underground is the new kid in town and getting all the positive attention from the hardcore right now. And I'm totally okay with it because LU has been the best wrestling show out there since it's debut just twoo weeks ago.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting the backstage meeting between Rey Mysterio and WWE officials, including Triple H and Vince McMahon, didn’t resolve any issues between the parties.

The only definite thing is Vince wants Rey to return to the company, but Rey has already said he is not interested in a return to WWE. It is being reported that the meeting, which took place on November 3rd in Buffalo before RAW, was clearly run by Vince, eventhough Triple H is in charge of overall day-to-day operations.

It is being said that eventhough the meeting didn’t go well, Rey will still be back soon. WWE officials reportedly asked him to work more dates than some think he should, but it’s believed that they will reach a compromise, and Rey will work regular dates from now until Wrestlemania 31.

Mysterio’s contract is scheduled to expire at the end of April 201

Crack that whip vince

Vince won't be satisfied until Rey's in a wheelchair. Just fucking give it up already, Rey's way past it at this point and clearly only being kept around for merch sales.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played 5 minutes of Unity and realized it's still an AC game. Not even the bugs, just 'yep, this is an AC game alright'. Even the detail of the cities does nothing to excite me anymore, and I LOVE the French Revolution.

I think it says a lot when I'd rather play Warlords of Draenor with 10 second delay on everything from all the people than play more Unity.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're Guitar Hero'ing the fuck out of that franchise.

No game series, even the sport franchises, need yearly installments.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good news for all the TNA fans Alucard, TNA and Destination America have a verbal agreement right now according to Meltzer (citing Destination America sources, not TNA sources on this one)

Alucard

Banned
Some gifs from the opening match of this week's ROH TV:

Cedric Alexander almost dies.
Cedric-Alexander-Bump-Vs.-Ciampa.gif

Brett Favre almost hits a dog with a football. (this is the current popular ad ROH is running)
Brett-Football-Dog.gif

Todd Sinclair takes another sick bump in 2014.
Cedric-Alexander-Todd-Sinclair-Dropkick.gif

Alucard

Banned
Good news for all the TNA fans Alucard, TNA and Destination America have a verbal agreement right now according to Meltzer (citing Destination America sources, not TNA sources on this one)

I'm not even sure I get that station and the product has been really up and down lately. I...don't care all that much. I just want the wrestlers to keep working and for the product to get better. I hope they find a niche they are comfortable with.

It seems like ROH and New Japan have sorted their issues out.

reDRagon to Defend Titles at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 in Tokyo!

November 13th, 2014 [ Baltimore, MD ] – Ring of Honor is proud to announce that Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, the tag team known as reDRagon, will be defending their newly won IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship on January 4, 2015 at the Tokyo Dome.

The match will feature reDRagon vs. Time Splitters vs. Young Bucks vs. Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero.

“We are very proud of reDRagon’s accomplishments in winning the IWGP Titles,” said Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff. “While they are signed to exclusive deals with ROH, it is a great honor to have them competing in New Japan Pro Wrestling, a most prestigious organization.”

Great news, wonder if the ROH title will be defended as well (presuming Adam Cole wins at Final Battle).

Incidentally, I enjoyed ROH TV this week - Cedric vs Ciampa was a pretty good match, worth a watch.

Great news, wonder if the ROH title will be defended as well (presuming Adam Cole wins at Final Battle).

Incidentally, I enjoyed ROH TV this week - Cedric vs Ciampa was a pretty good match, worth a watch.

Even if Cole doesn't win, there's still a chance it happens. Believe it or not, it's been reported that the NJPW officials like Jay Briscoe.

Yeah, I did read that New Japan were interested in the Briscoes, but I presumed that was as a tag team - they'd be a great fit for the heavyweight tag division.

Kaladin

Good NXT this week

*Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel.

*Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss.

*NXT Tag Team champions The Lucha Dragons vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy.

*WWE NXT champion Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of CM Punk,
CM Punk has been out in Los Angeles and managed to land himself a return on AMC's The Talking Dead this Sunday at 10pm EST. The Talking Dead is the post-show for The Walking Dead.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love the portrayal of Mil Muertes in LU. The entire segments with Maxine going up to guys and promising them certain doom (and a face lick, for some reason) and then the entrance with the stone and the praying. Very good, it's how you make a Undertaker/Kane supernatural gimmick work in 2014. No special effects and commanding of lighting or fire, just mystique. Good stuff.

Bonus gif:
tumblr_neuvxse7uY1u1tpfio2_500.gif

Nelo Ice

Banned
Godspeed, sir. Getting tickets for the Rumble in Philly was hell on earth

It is hell on earth right now trying to get tix. Me and my friend going for the $200 tier. Don't want nosebleeds so for us it's either go big or in our case stay home since we live in the bay.

Secret Santa is closing tomorrow, 24 more people to reach 200. Get in on this WG

Can I get in, get a gift, and then send the person I get a digital copy of Combat Zone Wrestling: Night of Infamy 2014, now available at StreamCZW.com?

It is hell on earth right now trying to get tix. Me and my friend going for the $200 tier. Don't want nosebleeds so for us it's either go big or in our case stay home since we live in the bay.

You're smart. Go a bit higher, because everyone's going to go for the nosebleeds.

Good NXT this week

*Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel.

*Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss.

*NXT Tag Team champions The Lucha Dragons vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy.

*WWE NXT champion Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn.
Great fucking lineup. Alexa Bliss Alexa Bliss Alexa Bliss.

Unnatural Disasters are the kind of people the Shitarse 50 was invented for. Reeks of Butlins British Indies, and posters with "AMERICAN WRESTLING!" on them, who book the UK Undertaker.

Top Bottom