• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Gawd damn the main event of Lucha underground was amazing

Defiantly go out of your way to see it

Lucha underground is best wrestling show on TV

Need to watch more Lucha

Vylash

Since watching Raw and Impact tonight, I've fallen into a pseudo-depression where I'm left wondering why I spend my time on this type of frivolity.

I then popped in Breath of Fire III into my PS2 for some reason and realized the game looked ancient and moved at a snail's pace.

Fuck. I should just spend time focusing on my wife n daughter n trying to do some writing or something creative in my off time.

This little dip back into the TNA and WWE pool has been an important reminder that anything more than 2-3 hours of wrestling a week is simply not sustainable over a long period of time.

After the last Impact on Spike next week, I think I'll exclusively stick to Lucha Underground, ROH, and the occasional good stuff I read about online or in this community.

So much of wrestling is just garbage entertainment. Dammit.

i've got the solution to your problems

iKvhLcaqMm8wv.gif

it's a new day, give the world a fresh coat of paint

Alucard

Banned
I can't do it, CureV. WWE feels way too bloated, so it's hard to get invested in anything. I'm not motivated at all to watch 3-5 hours a week of WWE programming for 45-60 minutes of stuff I actually care about.

I'm gonna watch the triple threat on Smackdown this Friday because of the unanimous online praise for it. I think this is the only way to consume WWE without slipping into sadness and numbness.

Since watching Raw and Impact tonight, I've fallen into a pseudo-depression where I'm left wondering why I spend my time on this type of frivolity.

I then popped in Breath of Fire III into my PS2 for some reason and realized the game looked ancient and moved at a snail's pace.

Fuck. I should just spend time focusing on my wife n daughter n trying to do some writing or something creative in my off time.

This little dip back into the TNA and WWE pool has been an important reminder that anything more than 2-3 hours of wrestling a week is simply not sustainable over a long period of time.

After the last Impact on Spike next week, I think I'll exclusively stick to Lucha Underground, ROH, and the occasional good stuff I read about online or in this community.

Hulu version of Raw is the only way to watch.

Smart move. You'll be happier. Wwatching WWE leads to depression.

Let's hear em folks! FAVE FIVE PINBALL MACHINES

1- Twilight Zone
2- Bride of Pinbot
3- Medieval Madness
4- Black Knight 2000
5- Demolition Man

Royal Rumble is meh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've watched maybe 4 hours of Raw and TNA combined in the past 3 months and it makes the WWE PPVs outstanding because it isn't the fortieth time I've seen the Usos and Dust Brothers, it's the first/second.

Vylash

I can't do it, CureV. WWE feels way too bloated, so it's hard to get invested in anything. I'm not motivated at all to watch 3-5 hours a week of WWE programming for 45-60 minutes of stuff I actually care about.

I'm gonna watch the triple threat on Smackdown this Friday because of the unanimous online praise for it. I think this is the only way to consume WWE without slipping into sadness and numbness.

sounds like you've got a lot of pressure, but that's okay! we embrace pressure, we welcome pressure! because no pressure, no diamonds!

ibavC738Q41Q7T.gif

GIVE THE WORLD A FRESH COAT OF PAINT, LOOK IN THE MIRROR THAT'S WHO YOU GOTTA CHANGE! GET US BACK ON THE RIGHT ROAD, ON THE RIGHT TRACK, ON THE RIGHT FLOW! STRAIGHT TO THE FUTURE THAT WE ALL KNOW, CAN'T KEEP IT BACK GOTTA LET IT ALL GO!

Alucard

Banned
Reading reports and checking youtube for matches/segments of note is the only way. Embrace the casual fan in you, it's easier over here.

Time is too valuable to waste on stuff you know you're not going to enjoy.

I've embraced my casual sports fan side in terms of hockey and soccer already. I track Penguins and Arsenal games on my phone but never feel like I NEED to watch them. If they're on TV and I have free time, I'll watch it. Just two years ago, I was streaming every single game and allowing their outcomes to dictate my mood. It's utterly idiotic. Easier once you realize sports are just entertainment like almost anything else and that cheering for one team or another is totally arbitrary in many cases.

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get something I like with Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor, and I only need to dedicate 2 hours a week to watch them most weeks. Much easier to balance that.

Alucard

Banned
I've watched maybe 4 hours of Raw and TNA combined in the past 3 months and it makes the WWE PPVs outstanding because it isn't the fortieth time I've seen the Usos and Dust Brothers, it's the first/second.

Yeah, I'm going to join your world.

'Nite, Wrassle bros.

I thought we were bros, FE. I'm not sure I even know you after this post. ROH is almost 13 years strong, friend.

FE subscribes to my theory of ROH has PWG build a guy up before they make em their champ since RoH seems kinda incapable of building someone up anymore. No idea idea if it's just the way the internet makes building indie wrestlers easier or what. It's led to a quite boring RoH really in that you know who the champ is going to be rather than when ROH hit it big and things kinda happened by surprise.

I mean, when you look at it, the most positive ROH title change was the Briscoe one since it kinda broke the mold.

That is it right there. I joke, but ROH has bit off a lot from PWG. I'm trying to think who are true, homemade ROH guys and that list isn't very big. ACH? Fish? Briscoes?

bjork

Time is too valuable to waste on stuff you know you're not going to enjoy.

I've embraced my casual sports fan side in terms of hockey and soccer already. I track Penguins and Arsenal games on my phone but never feel like I NEED to watch them. If they're on TV and I have free time, I'll watch it. Just two years ago, I was streaming every single game and allowing their outcomes to dictate my mood. It's utterly idiotic. Easier once you realize sports are just entertainment like almost anything else and that cheering for one team or another is totally arbitrary in many cases.

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get something I like with Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor, and I only need to dedicate 2 hours a week to watch them most weeks. Much easier to balance that.

Preaching to the choir here. I wrestled with it for awhile, but not any more. I like spending my time on things I want to do, and not things I feel like I should do out of habit.

Fuck. I should just spend time focusing on my wife n daughter

That seems a bit drastic, maybe take up reading comics?

Thorakai

This is how I do things now. I get all the important bits in the little recap before PPV matches anyway.

Top Bottom