• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Fox318

For as good as Steph and HHH are they need to be off the show or change their act.

HHH's gimmick for 20 fucking years has been he is better than anyone else and you should just change the channel instead of watching the other people in the locker room.

Steph fucking did it with Lana.

Its time for authority figures to take a break in the WWE. Let the wrestlers and product do the work for once.

Kaladin

For as good as Steph and HHH are they need to be off the show or change their act.

HHH's gimmick for 20 fucking years has been he is better than anyone else and you should just change the channel instead of watching the other people in the locker room.

Its time for authority figures to take a break in the WWE. Let the wrestlers and product do the work for once.

Regal is a great authority figure on NXT. He's there to book matches and make announcements. Maybe the main roster needs that.

go Team Cena.

Pretty much. As much as I dislike Brie Bella, just look at how Steph mostly dominated her during their match as Summerslam. Authority figures should usually be the cowardly heel who gets their ass handed to them. Not making the rest of the roster look like chumps through shitty booking.

Fox318

Regal is a great authority figure on NXT. He's there to book matches and make announcements. Maybe the main roster needs that.

But are authority figures really needed?

How many nights does HHH tell somebody they have a match instead of having a challenger speak up about wanting a fight?

Or dudes wanting to settle stuff out in the ring so it feels like they are invested in the result and the match?

It's Vince-esc egos that have to have the show be about them and they have to be the strongest on the show.

For as bad as Cena is at least he will have a 10 minute match with 5 minutes of rest holds every night.

tm24

YPvFtm7.gif

oX0RXMV.gif

jmdajr

HHH cowardly Heel? No thanks.

I'm fine with the man taking a break though. I'm sure he can still bury people just as good behind the scenes.
except Cena:\

Eddie's in hell. Bateaster riding around in Eddie's car. Rey winning the Rumble and title just because of Eddie, complete with Chavo and Vicki being out there to celebrate it. Then Chavo turns on Rey for exploiting Eddie's death, when it should have been him doing it or something. Then they turn his widow heel and keep her around for the next 8 years as arguably the most over heel, having her have many affairs with young men and then constantly call her fat and ugly, all while they talk about the great Eddie Guerrero.

Really? ugh

gurudyne

I always felt Vickie got the heat she did because people legit wanted her off their TV.

Same. She's a good performer and a dedicated one, but it's a toss up whether I changed the channel when she came on because being an annoying heel isn't compelling TV. It's just annoying. Which is good for getting live crowd reactions, but bad when you're trying to make something people actually want to watch.

Zach

Finished Foley's first book. Should I read Jericho's next? Any other recommendations?

I listened to Foley read his first book via YouTube not too long ago. It was fun. Not sure I care to listen/read any others, though.

Oh, and I read Flair's book (To Be the Man?) a while back. I remember it being worthwhile.

Death of WCW (10th Anniversary Edition)

Jericho's fine too.

The Death of WCW is good. It's a good, fun read for awhile and then it gets a little monotonous. Also, after YouTube-ing some of the crap they mention in the book, they kind of exaggerate.

I'm not booked!

dennis_stamp.jpg

somedevil

Wrestling Kingdom Update:

Ring Of Honor officials confirmed that the Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly IWGP jr. tag title defense against Alex Shelley & Kushida, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov and Young Bucks match will be on the U.S. version of the PPV.

As of a few days ago, the match had been planned as a dark match before the U.S. version of the show started due to ROH not signing off on the deal

So ROH signed on for this to be on the PPV. So I wonder if they will sign off on more talent on the US Version and if they will promote the PPV on there show.

Hasney

Yo Wesker, can you jiff up El Mariachi Loco playing his trombone or trumpet or whatever the fuck it was supposed to be please?

No worries if not, I can do it. I'll just have to obtain a better quality version of the show. You know, bad reception on my antenna to the El Ray Network here in England and all.

Top Bottom