• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Yeah so hype and get your tix too? Here's to hoping it's as good as WM30. Either way I'm just excited to actually attend a WM in person. Also my wallet is crying but it's ok. I'm going to tell myself we get a discount for living in the bay. Absurdly reduced traveling cost yeah!.
It took two hours, but I finally got my tickets! I'm hoping it doesn't take this long to purchase the Raw tickets.

Xfinity puts it On Demand online in HD, which is as far as I know, the only way to watch it in HD right now.

JNEmwnL.gif

Hasney

Nice, cheers.

Yeah, my usual sources are slow on the HD uptake for this. Hopefully it either gets rectified, or somewhere in the UK picks up the show.
Oh, that's ok, I thought they where just letting him fade.

Yeah, I thought the same until I asked why he wasn't used a couple of shows back, and that's the reply I got too.

DMczaf

The latest breakdown of television viewers for RAW, SmackDown and Total Divas is as follows.

- The average viewer is 41.4 years old, meaning viewership is getting older, not younger.

- The audience is 63 percent male, however Total Divas skews that number, as it would be closer to 68 percent for RAW and SmackDown.

- The viewership is 19 percent under the age of 17, 22 percent between 18 and 34, 22 percent between 35 and 49 and 37 percent over the age of 50.

(Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

zvCw1LK.gif

Ithil

More notable is that their live audiences do not reflect the viewer demographic at all, so they have many viewers, well over half, who are over 40 who watch WWE on TV, but don't go to the live shows.

So whatever they are doing, with RAW, is not appealing to their audience, at least not to the point that they will pay to see it.

Omega

Banned

lol

Puts Vince in a hard position. They can either completely focus on being an advertising company for Mattel or put out a watchable product to save the failure that is WWE Network.

because there's not many kids that own their own credit cards and the ones that do would have no interest in WWE

Vylash

seriously, making kids your target audience while trying to push a network is a terrible idea, kids can't subscribe and parents aren't going to do it for them

Alucard

Banned
LOL @ WWE's demographics. They're gonna be fucked in 10-15 years if they don't start appealing to younger viewers. And to think that was the whole purpose of the change to PG.

Wow. I was skeptical about the praise Lucha Underground was getting. After years of being fed shit by WWE, I assumed that I just wasn't much of a wrestling fan anymore. I still liked indies and Japan for their ring work, but WWE has turned storytelling in wrestling into a complete embarrassment.

Now, I have caught up on Lucha Underground and am beyond impressed. In one two-minute video, I learned more about Sexy Star (ugh at that name) and why her character wrestles than everyone in the WWE combined, male AND female. I went into this week thinking Chavo Jr. was a scrub who owed his livelihood to the Guerrero name and he shuts my ass up by delivering a kick ass pretaped interview addressing EXACTLY that.

The in-ring product has been great as well, if for no other reason than it being a place to watch Ricochet after WWE foolishly passed on him.

I don't know if wrestling is still a sustainable business for anyone but (including?) the WWE, but I really hope things work out for Lucha Underground, because they are really giving an under-served segment of the wrestling fanbase what it has been craving for a long time.

Alucard

Banned
Wow. I was skeptical about the praise Lucha Underground was getting. After years of being fed shit by WWE, I assumed that I just wasn't much of a wrestling fan anymore. I still liked indies and Japan for their ring work, but WWE has turned storytelling in wrestling into a complete embarrassment.

Now, I have caught up on Lucha Underground and am beyond impressed. In one two-minute video, I learned more about Sexy Star (ugh at that name) and why her character wrestles than everyone in the WWE combined, male AND female. I went into this week thinking Chavo Jr. was a scrub who owed his livelihood to the Guerrero name and he shuts my ass up by delivering a kick ass pretaped interview addressing EXACTLY that.

The in-ring product has been great as well, if for no other reason than it being a place to watch Ricochet after WWE foolishly passed on him.

I don't know if wrestling is still a sustainable business for anyone but (including?) the WWE, but I really hope things work out for Lucha Underground, because they are really giving an under-served segment of the wrestling fanbase what it has been craving for a long time.

Hell yeah, my man. Most entertaining wrestling product on TV right now.

Omega

Banned
LOL @ WWE's demographics. They're gonna be fucked in 10-15 years if they don't start appealing to younger viewers. And to think that was the whole purpose of the change to PG.

so they're basically fucked then. not much else they can do

make it G rated?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Who's Chavo beating up next week anyway after a woman and a midget? A female midget in a wheelchair?

Spitting on Eddies grave or something, beast heel.

Also if you don't listen to the Powerbomb Cast you should, Jeff laid some real truth at the end of the latest ep, was so good.

Lucha Underground thoughts

- Vampiro has to be up there as one of the worst announcers/interviewers. Why not have Striker do the Chavo interview?

- The backstage segment with Mundo was pure cheese. I didn't mind the backstage stuff the first couple of weeks but I'm starting to sour on them. The style and production difference between them and the rest of the show just comes off poor.

- Triple threat was ok but most of the match came off as super choreographed.

Hasney

Just realised the Mil Muertes match was the first segment I've skipped at all. Really interesting character, but he is pretty bad in the ring. Hope they keep him to multiman matches where possible.

Also, in response to the thoughts up there, I liked Vampiro with Chavo. I don't like him doing colour (although he's bareable, unlike certain other colour teams) and the main event was so goddamn good I wouldn't have minded if one of them pulled out a script to make sure of his next spot.

The Mundo section was a bit cheesy, but it was Robert Rodriguez movie cheese. It's acceptable for the occasional segment. Even if it was their worst backstage segment, it was still better than anything on the last Raw I watched backstage wise.... Maybe if HHH and Orton actually kissed, I'd have a different opinion.

somedevil

make it G rated?

So you really think them making the product back to how it was before the change will make a difference? PG is not a problem and besides its a harder PG than in the past. Its all about the writing.

Besides Lucha Undergrounds Avg age of viewers is 49.

I watched that triple threat and it was good but one move broken out was made fun of being Indie on this forum.

make it G rated?

They should make the best product they can with the resources they have (while they still have them). Making a quality children's product that isn't an embarrassment to adults is a lot harder than making an adult product that kids will gravitate towards because that's what kids do. It's not rocket science.

Spitting on Eddies grave or something, beast heel.

Also if you don't listen to the Powerbomb Cast you should, Jeff laid some real truth at the end of the latest ep, was so good.

Almost makes me want to pay for premium. Unfortunately, I am quite cheap. I don't even have Amazon Prime anymore.

DiscoJon

Banned
So WWE's flagship show doesn't have a younger audience base. Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they brodcast it from 8 to 11pm on a SCHOOL NIGHT.

Jamie OD

Thumbs up for the Lucha Underground 3 Way match. My head is now racing with ideas of who I want to see Drago, Pentagon Jr & Fenix wrestle next. Hint: It's mostly the PWG roster.

BAD BOYS!

Watcha want watcha wanna do

Impact last night did 970,000 viewers, up a little from the last two weeks, but below what COPS did as the lead-in.

--On our radio show Monday, somebody asked a question regarding whether Dixie Carter really stayed in a castle at one of the TNA European tours. I never heard that story and didn't know it, but one former TNA wrestler listened to the show and confirmed that the story was true.

lmao

Omega

Banned
So WWE's flagship show doesn't have a younger audience base. Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they brodcast it from 8 to 11pm on a SCHOOL NIGHT.

if there was a huge drop off after the first or second hour maybe.

but the ratings are usually consistent. 8-9 doesn't pull a 3.5 while 9-10 pulls a 2.5

Top Bottom