• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

SunF50

Banned
ass-jiggle.gif

What a way to enjoy a friday

002a618y.gif

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

ECW November to Remember 1995

• Broad Street Bully vs Don E. Allen
  • Konnan vs Jason Special Guest Referee: Taz
  • El Puerto Ricano vs Stevie Richards
  • Eliminators vs Pitbulls
  • Psychosis vs Rey Mysterio Jr Mexican Death Match
  • Sandman/2 Cold Scorpio vs Public Enemy
  • Tod Gordon vs Bill Alfonzo Special Guest Referee: Beulah McGillicutty
  • Steve Austin vs Mikey Whipwreck ECW Championship
  • Hack Myers vs Sabu
  • Terry Funk/Tommy Dreamer vs Raven/Cactus Jack

iDUZZ8h56g3XB.gif

i8BPHXZMeS4y.gif

ibt7uiZIqcCh2U.gif

iGGyRY7EtiOwU.gif

ibvQMXh4HwVIA1.gif

ECW is bullshit. They do the same shit at WCW and WWF, just with blood and bad language. Comedy gimmicks and matches, dance offs, just general fuckery. What boils my blood is Joey shitting on Bobby Heenan so frequently when he makes jokes every bit as corny and bad, except he thinks he's cool while doing his.

I ditched Squarespace for Wordpress like a month before 7 came out. 6 was okay but it seems to me like they're moving more to being a small business oriented platform, and not so much for blogs. What's so different in 7?

Also, wtf is with Squarespace 7? Linked images no longer show up, can't click words but have to use keyboard arrows, spell check doesn't fix spelling.

Finally got round to watching Lucha Underground, really great stuff. Not sure how I feel about the TV style promos, but they're interesting.

That's the thing, it's something different, and that's awesome.

I've really enjoyed Chavo so far, which is something I never thought I'd type. The flying Liger kick into the corner in episode 2 was a thing of beauty. I also hadn't realised Mil Muertes was that fast. He still sucks like, but he can move.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
¡HarlequinPanic!;138889300 said:
excuse me sir but we are trying to steer clear of the term belt.

It is only to be referred to as the WWE championship, or the john cena garter.
Fine. Brass ring, or is that taken too?

Alucard

Banned
Cool thanks for the update.

Surprised Bryan is still out and Reigns being out is news to me.

Reigns had to have emergency hernia surgery. He's out 4-6 months and is currently aiming for a return at Royal Rumble.

Daniel Bryan has had numerous setbacks in his recovery and basically has nerve issues that aren't easy to diagnose or predict.

Some interesting Numbers on Lucha Underground:

For the El Ray Version:

Viewership fell and the average age went up from 49 to 55.

Now for the Spanish Version on Unimas:

Interesting but is that enough viewers for how much the show costs to make?

Disappointed at the lower number of viewers, but those Spanish audience numbers are hopefully encouraging for the producers. I really like the show right now, as do most who have given it a chance it seems, so it would be a shame to see it go under because it couldn't find an audience.

Where is my Lucha Underground merchandise? I want to give them my money.

ROH GOODNESS

**Ring of Honor is in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday night for the Glory by Honor card at the Shrine Auditorium. The show is headlined by Jay Briscoe vs. ACH (who is from San Antonio) for the ROH title as well as Jay Lethal vs. RD Evans for the television title and reDragon vs. The Kingdom for the tag titles.

Looks like a typically solid ROH card. I'm oddly intrigued by Lethal vs. Evans. They're both heels, with Evans having a more comedic tint to his character, but they've both been incredibly entertaining this year.

I can't wait to see more details revealed about Final Battle over the next 4 weeks. I hope they start pushing it hard and that we get some news soon about its availability on traditional PPV.

So far, these two matches have been mentioned/confirmed:

-Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole (expect a ton of shenanigans ala Cole vs. Elgin @ BitW)
-reDRagon vs. The Time Splitters (awesome news and a great coup for ROH)

If The Young Bucks, The Addiction, AJ Styles, and maybe one more surprise like Paul London or Brian Kendrick can get on the show, Final Battle could be something really special.

Alucard

Banned

Flippy Indy Shit is so damn good. Love that Dynamite Kid influence here.

Does Neville stand a chance of getting over on the main roster, or is he destined to become another Evan Bourne? Creative needs to come up with something for him. I can only imagine how the writers of Lucha Underground would introduce him.

he could get over okay initially, but i don't trust creative to keep coming up with interesting things for him. He'll be Kofi tier before long

Alucard

Banned
In addition the ROH world title match and tag title match, these guys are all signed to appear at Final Battle...

Matt Sydal
The Young Bucks
The Addiction
Jay Lethal
ACH
Hanson
The Decade (Strong, Jacobs, Whitmer)
RD Evans and Moose
Mark Briscoe
Tommaso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander

Fully expecting Lethal/ACH III, Ciampa/Alexander II, and hopefully Bucks/Addiction II. Curious to see who Moose and Evans take on. Maybe some combination of The Decade? Don't see them mixing it up, though.

Alucard

Banned
he could get over okay initially, but i don't trust creative to keep coming up with interesting things for him. He'll be Kofi tier before long

This is my fear. It just seems like WWE creative puts in the bare minimum effort required for a lot of their acts. I wonder if it's mostly because of the size of the roster and the amount of content they are expected to create every single week. Between Raw, Superstars, Main Event, Smackdown, and planning for a PPV every month, I imagine it's pretty tough to keep things fresh and exciting week in, week out.

That said, I'm looking forward to watching the triple threat on Smackdown tonight, and that doesn't seem like it has much of a story going in. I could be wrong once the show starts, though.

Great pic. Colt looks like he was in tremendous shape. He had amateur experience and I think Punk said that Colt was/is actually a better wrestler than him.

The NXT Facebook page hit a new milestone as it has surpassed two million ‘likes’, currently tallying 2,002,101 page likes.

Top that Underground Mexican wrestling show.

Ithil

This Ziggler/Cesaro/Kidd triple threat match is totally wasted on Smackdown. It would have been the show stealer on any PPV. Instead Cesaro and Kidd don't even have matches at the next PPV and Ziggler will just be fodder on a team.

I haven't watched Smackdown in months, and all I watched from this week's episode was that match. Judging by the spoilers I missed nothing else.

jred2k

http://youtu.be/fx8RyBKjyto

I'm sure that Hogan at the Warriors' game clip has probably been posted and discussed, but, seriously, how the fuck do they not have him mention the WWE Network once. Instead they'll just continue shouting "$9.99" at people who've heard it 1000 times.

As many of you may know by now, I will be sitting ringside on January 4th in Tokyo for the annual Wrestle Kingdom 9 event from New Japan Pro Wrestling and promoted on PPV in the USA and Canada by Global Force Wrestling. My manager Barry Bloom and Jeff Jarrett had been in talks for a good while attempting to come up with a win-win deal for both parties and they finally succeeded. It wasn’t until this past Monday, the day before the announcement was made on Tuesday November 11, that Jeff and I actually spoke and that was via phone. It had been 15 years since we last spoke.

I have no idea who will be my broadcast partner even though Jeff and I have discussed it but the decision at the end of the day will be his. I’d assume we will know that info in a couple of weeks. Whoever it has has to be a preparation freak because many in the English speaking universe are not going to be as familiar with the talents as the hard core fans who religiously follow NJPW. It will be our job to explain the talent’s backgrounds, the storylines, etc while not ignoring holds, strategy, the transitions and the basics of presenting each match as if it were a legit sporting event without insulting the audience.

Kaladin

It will be our job to explain the talent’s backgrounds, the storylines, etc while not ignoring holds, strategy, the transitions and the basics of presenting each match as if it were a legit sporting event without insulting the audience.

Jim Ross outlining the problems everyone has with the commentary in WWE

Do they give talent backgrounds? Sometimes, but only as it applies to the now and then selectively.

Do they explain storylines? Maybe, unless they're off on a tangent about something else.

Do they ignore holds, strategy and the basics of calling a match? Sometimes you forget a match is even happening if you listen to commentary.

Do they insult the audience? When don't they?

RBH

10405307_534303693380830_7358630428311030614_n.jpg

10805664_540509769426889_717179160597456413_n.jpg

10665806_522640227880510_1875229957668424632_n.jpg

1466214_544888708988995_7763116845894427871_n.jpg

Jersey All Pro Wrestling 18th Anniversary Show
Saturday November 15th, 2014
The Rec Center 275 East Milton Ave Rahway, NJ
Autograph Session with the Stars 6:15pm 8pm Bell

CONFIRMED MATCHES:

WILD CARD TAG TEAM MATCH
World's Greatest Tag Team (w/ Kurt Angle in their corner) vs. Teddy Hart & Chris Sabin

AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal

Samoa Joe vs. Chris Hero

Monsta Mac vs. Chris Dickinson

BEST OF THE LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS
Bandido Jr. vs. BLK Jeez vs. TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA

6 MAN TAG TEAM STREET FIGHT
The Hooligans & Necro Butcher vs. The Viking War Party

"The Selfie Superstar" Too Hot Steve Scott vs. "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela

ALSO IN ACTION:

Former WWE Superstars, CRIME TIME

1466214_544888708988995_7763116845894427871_n.jpg

The jokes write themselves.

Put Monsta Mack and Dan Maff in this match to make a Break The Ring Match.

Seriously, they had to use the MySpace angle to make Hero look slim. Or, that's a seriously old picture.

RBH

Isn't it now false advertising to use a photo like that of Hero?

What's hilarious is that Chris Hero was originally scheduled to be in the "Best of the Light Heavyweights" match before they had to switch the card around a bit since Hernandez was supposed to face Joe, but he's stuck in Mexico:

10421424_544255795718953_2618266895958789262_n.jpg

Top Bottom