• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Eva Marie must have had a real bad chest injury. It's swelling like crazy. Hope she recovers soon.

P29DYJa.jpg
2PVFaj9.gif

Alucard

Banned
How was the triple threat on SD? Actually good, or good for a random SD match?

Actually good. A bit of a spotfest with indy "surprise kickout" psychology, but definitely worth your time. It was FnP and had quite a few creative spots I'd never seen before. For example, Kidd had Cesaro in the sharpshooter, and Cesaro crawled over to pin Ziggler while in the submission.

"Match of the year" is slightly hyperbolic IMO unless you only watch WWE...in which case, I can see why someone would say that.

Alucard

Banned
Okay. MOTY if I like the Young Bucks or if I like Steamboat vs Rude?

A mix, but more on the Young Bucks side. Regardless, it's interesting to see that kind of match done in the WWE. It felt fresh and different from the usual rest hold fest that some WWE matches devolve into.

gaiadyne

Actually good. A bit of a spotfest with indy "surprise kickout" psychology, but definitely worth your time. It was FnP and had quite a few creative spots I'd never seen before. For example, Kidd had Cesaro in the sharpshooter, and Cesaro crawled over to pin Ziggler while in the submission.

"Match of the year" is slightly hyperbolic IMO unless you only watch WWE...in which case, I can see why someone would say that.

I guess I'm a little hyped from seeing it since I just watched it

Alucard

Banned
I guess I'm a little hyped from seeing it since I just watched it

It was really fun. I also just watched it a little while ago, and I'd have no problems watching it again. One of the few matches that actually made the Intercontinental title look important.

gaiadyne

It was really fun. I also just watched it a little while ago, and I'd have no problems watching it again. One of the few matches that actually made the Intercontinental title look important.

I can't wait for a Ziggler/Kidd feud if they end up doing it

Alucard

Banned
So, this is Nick Jackson's elbow after tonight...

B2dcH7xIYAAmKaR.jpg:large

He just posted it on Twitter. Hope he's okay and that the Young Bucks are still able to make it to ROH Final Battle. The Cena comparisons have already begun in his comments section.

gaiadyne

So, this is Nick Jackson's elbow after tonight...

He just posted it on Twitter. Hope he's okay and that the Young Bucks are still able to make it to ROH Final Battle. The Cena comparisons have already begun in his comments section.

0821-cena-arm-before-1.jpg

Definitely can see the comparison. Still brings chills to my soul.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF Survivor Series 1995

• The Underdogs vs The Body Donnas
  • Bertha Faye/Aja Kong/Tomoko Watanabe/Lioness Asuka vs Alundra Blayze/Kyoko Inoue/Sakie Hasegawa/Chaparita Asari
  • Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Goldust
  • The Royals vs The Darkside
  • Yokozuna/Owen Hart/Dean Douglas/Razor Ramon vs HBK/Ahmed Johnson/Sid/British Bulldog
  • Bret Hart vs Diesel WWF Championship No Disqualification

ioHMNqvZxYXTy.gif

ibxEHKg3qRs6WC.gif

i21lPhnnxV3ce.gif

ibk30rPAWGKgGg.gif

ib0aqDP9cRgsjj.gif

More fun than not fun. That's all I can ask for, really. I don't think Diesel/Bret was as good as it was at the Rumble, but it was probably the second best WWF match in 1995 up to this point. The YAKS were impressive as shit. Hakushi was shockingly over as fuck in DC for some reason.

bjork

Is that Rey Rey?

ib0aqDP9cRgsjj.gif

It's funny because that's what I was saying exactly as he did, when I watched it live back then.

Anyway, what if grumpy cat does commentary on Raw and it's just Aubrey Plaza talking tons of shit on wrestlers?

Also :

Fuck the entire internet. Savio invented the Rock Bottom?

Hasney

That triple threat on Smackdown was great, but let down by 3 things.

Ad break
Commentary
Stupid spot where Tyson Kidd broke up a sharpshooter/crossface on Ziggler

Not sure if it was MOTY, but it was really fun. Liked the twist on the tower of doom spot that is mandatory these days.

You know what could be MOTY? Triple threat ladder match at TLC for the belt.

Mr. Sam

This could be explained by Tyson, well, being an idiot and being irritated at Cesaro trying to take some of the glory.

My main problem with the match was Cesaro wrestling like Superman, the incredible Hulk and the terminator combined, again, and being pinned after being hit by Ziggler's weak-looking finisher. Again.

Yeah, the zig zag sucks. Cesaro carried that match until his elimination, but Kidd did well to bring the crowd back into it afterwards - Kidd breaking up the sub on Ziggler though was just rank idiocy, however. Ziggler should have been eliminated first, to let Cesaro & Kidd battle it out for the belt.

Mr. Sam

Yeah, the zig zag sucks. Cesaro carried that match until his elimination, but Kidd did well to bring the crowd back into it afterwards - Kidd breaking up the sub on Ziggler though was just rank idiocy, however. Ziggler should have been eliminated first, to let Cesaro & Kidd battle it out for the belt.

The story being told was that of Ziggler being put through the ringer by The Authority, having the odds stacked against him and still coming out on top. Unfortunately, Cesaro is quite probably the most entertaining wrestler in the world at the moment (and betrays the people who are writing him as an incompetent heel on a weekly basis). What's more, Tyson Kidd, not Ziggler, was clearly the outsider here - the man who's never held a singles title in the WWE, and who's only just been brought back in from the wilderness, against a two time world champion.

Penguin

That triple threat on Smackdown was great, but let down by 3 things.

Ad break
Commentary

Not sure if it was MOTY, but it was really fun. Liked the twist on the tower of doom spot that is mandatory these days.

You know what could be MOTY? Triple threat ladder match at TLC for the belt.

I think commentary screwed the pooch on the sharpshooter/crossface spot

I took it to mean that Kidd wanted all the glory for himself, and if Cesaro also made the champ tap...

Slizeezyc

So I'm doing the start-Nitro-from-the-beginning thing that others have already done, and the lead up to Halloween Havoc is some of the most, I don't even know, bizarre dumb stuff ever.

Hogan has gone full blown AIDS and isn't hiding it. He's trying to cut weird heel promos where he's talking about murdering a stinky related-to-Andre Giant but to save the kids? It's all so dumb, and he's trying to act tough while in a black neck brace. Plus, he just doesn't grow his mustache back because, uh, reasons. PLUS, shouldn't he have to dye his hair black, too?

AND, AND to top it off he's just straight lying. He keeps trying to say Giant hasn't met him face to face yet and that's just a LIE HULK, YOU'RE LYING! He's crushed you face to face on more than one occasion already, stop trying to act like you haven't been manhandled fair and square.

Probably the most ridiculous thing is that they've hyped Havoc for 4 weeks to this point and there's finally another match or two but it's just purely about Giant/Hogan doing monster trucks and then.

I was only about 8 at the time, but damn, was WWF/E worse than this at this time? And if so, how did wrestling survive '95!?

(Yo, but Guerrerro/NAME REDACTED was rather awesome in the latest episode -- Benoit does a powerbomb that's definitely not street legal)

Kaladin

Is anyone else annoyed by how the commentators (I especially notice it on NXT) announce their B's with punctuation? I noticed it this week with The Boss Sasha Banks w/ Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss.

Also......

Damn.

wrDrBhB.jpg

strobogo

Banned
So I'm doing the start-Nitro-from-the-beginning thing that others have already done, and the lead up to Halloween Havoc is some of the most, I don't even know, bizarre dumb stuff ever.

Hogan has gone full blown AIDS and isn't hiding it. He's trying to cut weird heel promos where he's talking about murdering a stinky related-to-Andre Giant but to save the kids? It's all so dumb, and he's trying to act tough while in a black neck brace. Plus, he just doesn't grow his mustache back because, uh, reasons. PLUS, shouldn't he have to dye his hair black, too?

AND, AND to top it off he's just straight lying. He keeps trying to say Giant hasn't met him face to face yet and that's just a LIE HULK, YOU'RE LYING! He's crushed you face to face on more than one occasion already, stop trying to act like you haven't been manhandled fair and square.

Probably the most ridiculous thing is that they've hyped Havoc for 4 weeks to this point and there's finally another match or two but it's just purely about Giant/Hogan doing monster trucks and then.

I was only about 8 at the time, but damn, was WWF/E worse than this at this time? And if so, how did wrestling survive '95!?

(Yo, but Guerrerro/NAME REDACTED was rather awesome in the latest episode -- Benoit does a powerbomb that's definitely not street legal)

This one?

ibr5kssg9HTqaQ.gif

There's an even gnarlier one on the 11/6 episode.

Top Bottom