• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Man God

Non-Canon Member
vfYkd2a.jpg

He's probably lowballing it to be honest.

Alucard

Banned
MOOSE turned on RD EVANS. Cost him up the new streak

Aw, I was sure that they would face off one on one at Final Battle with
the streak on the line.
Who looked like the babyface and who looked like the heel last night?

Edit: Nevermind. I just read the results. Sounds like I need to go out of my way to see Adam Cole vs. Christopher Daniels.

Global Force is already getting on my nerves. Nothing but leeches.

Final Battle could be decent, but they charge premiere prices for an emerging product. It's also effected their DVD releases.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7 - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8 - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9 - C-

WWF is so desperate right now. So many gratuitous Sunny shots. And boy does Sid suck... the crowd and I still like him, though!

Alucard

Banned
Super slow Sunday in here. What are you guys up to?

I just finished cleaning up my daughter's toys in the living room, and I'm about to do some dishes. Wife and daughter are napping, so I'm trying to take advantage and get ahead on some chores. I've got my headphones on and I've been listening to some wrestling and gaming podcasts. Currently listening to Alex Greenfield, former head writer of Smackdown, on JR's podcast.

Zach

I'm in Tulsa and it's been snowing for hours so I've stayed inside all day. My son is at his mom's today, so I've just been putzing around. Done a few things around the house, watched a little wrasslin' and football, played a tiny bit of Spelunky, listened to some music... Now I'm trying to decide which of the following I want to do:

• Watch the rest of Nitro 45
  • Play Stick It to The Man!
  • Watch American Hustle
  • Watch Naked Lunch
  • Watch Dune

The latest edition of Jim Ross’ “Ross Report” podcast, which features an interview with former WWE head writer Alex Greenfield, is now online. The official description for the show reads as follows:

TRR – Ep39 – Alex Greenfield

“Former head writer of WWE Smackdown, Alex Greenfield, doesn’t hold back in this explosive, uncensored conversation about his time with WWE. He recounts his tumultuous relationship with Vince McMahon, working with The Undertaker, and why he loves tag team wrestling. He’s also got stories about JBL, Mark Henry, Ted DiBiase, and Shawn Michaels. And he’s got more than a few comments about today’s WWE product and creative!”

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know anything about TVs? I've used the same HDMI input for my PS4/PS3 forever on my Samsung, but I turned it on today and noticed little 'snow' bits on anything black. I switched inputs for the HDMI, and it's gone, but I'm wondering if the HDMI input has gone bad and if it's possible to fix.

I'm in Tulsa and it's been snowing for hours so I've stayed inside all day. My son is at his mom's today, so I've just been putzing around. Done a few things around the house, watched a little wrasslin' and football, played a tiny bit of Spelunky, listened to some music... Now I'm trying to decide which of the following I want to do:

• Watch American Hustle
  • Watch Naked Lunch
  • Watch Dune
American Hustle is not a good movie so that could narrow it down a bit

I just finished cleaning up my daughter's toys in the living room, and I'm about to do some dishes. Wife and daughter are napping, so I'm trying to take advantage and get ahead on some chores. I've got my headphones on and I've been listening to some wrestling and gaming podcasts. Currently listening to Alex Greenfield, former head writer of Smackdown, on JR's podcast.

I'm at work, but it's super dead. My wife and I are both suffering from some kind of bug we caught down in Disney World this past week and we're both miserable and praying our daughter doesn't catch it. Got some chicken soup cooking up in the crock pot at the very least.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings

• Sid/123 Kid vs Razor Ramon/Marty Jannetty
  • Buddy Landel vs Ahmed Johnson
  • Henry Godwinn vs HHH Hog Pen Match Special Guest Referee: Hillbilly Jim
  • Owen Hart vs Diesel
  • The Undertaker vs King Mabel Casket Match
  • British Bulldog vs Bret Hart WWF Championship

ieU1FZqsOWrx2.gif

iburfIf3dBbxH7.gif

i0RIjJUo7ZmP6.gif

Inoffensive show. Bret/Bulldog was rad, but the god damn split screen curse that hit WCW so often found its way to this match and really hurt it. I think it is great that Shane Douglas shit on the WWF and WCW for 2 years in ECW, then jumps to the WWF to do a teacher gimmick, lasts about 6 months, and his last WWF appearance has him in ECW country backing out of fight and getting paddled out of the company. His return to ECW must have been so deflating for him. What a failure.

attempting to make meat loaf. Not sure if it's working out....yet.

I gotta say back when the shield was a thing I really thought they'd baby face the shit out of Rollins when they finally split up. Not sure why though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
attempting to make meat loaf. Not sure if it's working out....yet.

I gotta say back when the shield was a thing I really thought they'd baby face the shit out of Rollins when they finally split up. Not sure why though.
Jeff Hardy money

they could have but they didn't

kiguel182

I finally (FINALLY) watched this week's NXT and man, that Sami vs Neville match was so good. It's everything I want out of a wrestling match. Great story, great action and a great crowd.

The rest of the episode was top notch too. Overall just great stuff.

Every week I watch NXT I just wish they would just grow the brand because the product is just miles better than anything WWE has to offer.

Dear god Hogan is going to main event WM 31. Nobody wants to see him wrestle. Doubt he has the drawing power and buy rate he thinks he has even against a Cena.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I finally (FINALLY) watched this week's NXT and man, that Sami vs Neville match was so good. It's everything I want out of a wrestling match. Great story, great action and a great crowd.

The rest of the episode was top notch too. Overall just great stuff.

Every week I watch NXT I just wish they would just grow the brand because the product is just miles better than anything WWE has to offer.

c0JBkYP.png

I absolutely love this picture.

It's Monday here and I'm at work :(

Tired as fuck, our son keeps waking up super early to try and sneak in some unsupervised video game time but he always gets caught and then refuses to go back to sleep >_<

Need to get one of those automatic sensor alarms people have in their yards, like a robot dog or something. Should set him straight.

• Watch American Hustle
  • Watch Naked Lunch
  • Watch Dune
Play Stick it to the Man, it's delightful! Not super long either, took me about 5 hours I think.

Anyone know anything about TVs? I've used the same HDMI input for my PS4/PS3 forever on my Samsung, but I turned it on today and noticed little 'snow' bits on anything black. I switched inputs for the HDMI, and it's gone, but I'm wondering if the HDMI input has gone bad and if it's possible to fix.

Not an expert but my plasma has developed an irritating problem with the HDMI unit where it isn't able to draw enough current I expect, I can use one input but trying to run 2 fails. Should be able to contact a TV repair place and see how much a replacement part would cost (probably a ton these days).
Waiting for a good deal on a 50 inch full HD to fix my problem lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Wanted to preload GTA V, but I ran out of diskspace.

It's still a week or two left until the PS4's been in my home a year and I already ran out of diskspace. I'm not enjoying this all-digital future :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's still a week or two left until the PS4's been in my home a year and I already ran out of diskspace. I'm not enjoying this all-digital future :(

I'm not even halfway full, and I've had one since launch. Dunno where you find stuff worth your bandwidth/space in 2013/2014.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not even halfway full, and I've had one since launch. Dunno where you find stuff worth your bandwidth/space in 2013/2014.

I dunno, I just bought a bunch of games all-digital, that alone is like 300GB and the rest is PS Plus games.

Fox Mulder

does the ps4 not have external HDD support? I'm like 60% on my xb1 and only bought it in late August.

Alucard

Banned
The latest edition of Jim Ross’ “Ross Report” podcast, which features an interview with former WWE head writer Alex Greenfield, is now online. The official description for the show reads as follows:

TRR – Ep39 – Alex Greenfield

“Former head writer of WWE Smackdown, Alex Greenfield, doesn’t hold back in this explosive, uncensored conversation about his time with WWE. He recounts his tumultuous relationship with Vince McMahon, working with The Undertaker, and why he loves tag team wrestling. He’s also got stories about JBL, Mark Henry, Ted DiBiase, and Shawn Michaels. And he’s got more than a few comments about today’s WWE product and creative!”

Just finished listening to it, and it was pretty good. As someone who's in management, hearing little nuggets of wisdom like "converse, don't confront" is really useful. Vince stories are starting to become one of my favourite parts of wrestling interviews like this one.

Grab a 2TB portable HDD from Amazon, was on special for about USD$80 recently. 4x the space and you can put the 500GB HDD from the PS4 in the caddie for other use.

QvRsmuq.jpg

I…I can't

That can't be legit, can it?

Alucard

Banned
Stro, I remember that In Your House ad. I really don't remember the heaving breasts, though. Thank you for bringing them to my attention all these years later.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, I remember that In Your House ad. I really don't remember the heaving breasts, though. Thank you for bringing them to my attention all these years later.

It was for the Royal Rumble. A kid watches the show while the high society folks get into a brawl behind him.

Alucard

Banned
It was for the Royal Rumble. A kid watches the show while the high society folks get into a brawl behind him.

Where is this kind of advertising today?

How do you think that style of ads has held up? Is it better or worse than what we're currently getting?

Alucard

Banned
Stro, skimmed your review. Enjoyed you innovating the phrase "tree of Keanu." Please tell me that was all you.

Also, that Owen bump was cringe-inducing.

Xater

I really wish I could get the English version of Wrestle Kingdom as an iPPV. I'm probably not the only guy outside of North America that would like to see that.

somedevil

TNA Update:

This is an update on the TNA television situation. On Wednesday, sources at Destination America believed they had a deal with TNA and those in the TNA office believed an announcement was being made on Thursday. It is possible they will wait until after the TV show on Wednesday to make the announcement so they don't come across as lame duck on Spike, which was nice enough to keep them on the air past the contract expiration to allow them to not disappear off the radar before a deal is made.

So that "announcement" might come Wed or Thursday. If this does happen the big thing is how much is DA paying them. I doubt its Spike money so the roster is going to be interesting to see.

The promotion might survive as some Zombie on a channel not many have getting 500,000 or below viewership. ROH has a better tv deal if this happens.

Alucard

Banned
TNA Update:

So that "announcement" might come Wed or Thursday. If this does happen the big thing is how much is DA paying them. I doubt its Spike money so the roster is going to be interesting to see.

The promotion might survive as some Zombie on a channel not many have getting 500,000 or below viewership. ROH has a better tv deal if this happens.

So, TNA is going to live on...in some form. So weird. I wonder how many wrestlers will want to take pay cuts or work in arenas with even lower attendance figures than they're getting now. Or not. We'll see.

Top Bottom