• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
Can't believe we're arguing over the handspring cutter. It looked cool as hell regardless of whether or not it looked realistic. I thought we all wanted more FnP in our wrestling, bros. Will nothing satisfy you?

Lucha Underground is the alternative we've been asking for, bros. Let's embrace it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That can't support tonight's episode of RAW and I sure as hell can't support the plot of next years DBZ movie.

S23Zifd.gif

...maybe Stro is right about you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucha Libre IS contrived spots. They were doing it before Johnny No-Name got the idea from watching guys like Ultimo Dragon and deciding he could do it even coolerer.

It's not an excuse for it. It's just the way it is. It's why I don't watch Lucha Libre or Lucha Underground. While American wrestling and puroresu have a lot of similarities, lucha libre almost feels like an entirely different sport. The only real difference is when you've got some of the older guys in there who work a slower style or guys who have wrestled all sorts of styles like an Eddie, who I don't think people really consider a lucha libre guy.

It is what it is, and I know what it is, so I don't watch it. It's not like American Indy wrestling where I've seen it be great and complain because I know it can be better instead of constantly drilling in the same direction. It's more like Euro Indy wrestling where I know I don't like it because I can't stand chain wrestling, so I don't watch it.

If the next DBZ movie is that one with Freiza, then I agree with STB. Unless everyone is going to completely ignore the fact that Freiza has been treated like the shit on the bottom of your shoe since his saga ended.

Alucard

Banned
Lucha Libre IS contrived spots. They were doing it before Johnny No-Name got the idea from watching guys like Ultimo Dragon and deciding he could do it even coolerer.

It's not an excuse for it. It's just the way it is. It's why I don't watch Lucha Libre or Lucha Underground. While American wrestling and puroresu have a lot of similarities, lucha libre almost feels like an entirely different sport. The only real difference is when you've got some of the older guys in there who work a slower style or guys who have wrestled all sorts of styles like an Eddie, who I don't think people really consider a lucha libre guy.

It is what it is, and I know what it is, so I don't watch it. It's not like American Indy wrestling where I've seen it be great and complain because I know it can be better instead of constantly drilling in the same direction. It's more like Euro Indy wrestling where I know I don't like it because I can't stand chain wrestling, so I don't watch it.

Why don't you like chain wrestling? Too contrived for your tastes as well?

I'm not the biggest fan of lucha libre, but I'm a fan of Lucha Underground. The production values surpass the WWE IMO, the style is fresh, and the matches are generally cool-looking and fun. More than anything, they actually focus on storytelling at Lucha Underground, and that really appeals to me.

Sephzilla

If the next DBZ movie is that one with Freiza, then I agree with STB. Unless everyone is going to completely ignore the fact that Freiza has been treated like the shit on the bottom of your shoe since his saga ended.

All of the Freiza stuff post Namek is non-canon though aside from when he fought Trunks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't approve of balcony dive spots in any promotion in any country. I hate that shit, it's completely unsafe, and it becomes something that the marks will beg for until you've killed yourself doing it.
Why don't you like chain wrestling? Too contrived for your tastes as well?
I just think it always looks so fucking fake. I hate it almost as much as the 'we both get up at the same time after counter spots APPLAUD US PLS' spot.

Aiii

So not worth it
itYMvFV8hwbXf.gif

ugh i HATE when they just stand there forever and watch the other guy jump on them, uuuuuuuuuugh

The other option is they don't and run in at the last minute so the guy either under or overshoots them and breaks both his legs, I suppose.

Alucard

Banned
I don't approve of balcony dive spots in any promotion in any country. I hate that shit, it's completely unsafe, and it becomes something that the marks will beg for until you've killed yourself doing it.

I just think it always looks so fucking fake. I hate it almost as much as the 'we both get up at the same time after counter spots APPLAUD US PLS' spot.

I love that spot when it's done well, but oftentimes guys hit some sloppy offense going into it. When it's smooth, I think it looks pretty great, though.

Freiza was kind enough to put over a young up and coming talent before leaving to work another territory. Now he's coming back to be top heel again. Frieza is DBZ Brock Lesnar damnit.

Actually, I'd say he's more like Batista at this point. Bigger and badder enemies have come and gone, and now he's coming back to try and regain some heat. The problem is that nobody gives a shit anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actually, I'd say he's more like Batista at this point. Bigger and badder enemies have come and gone, and now he's coming back to try and regain some heat. The problem is that nobody gives a shit anymore.

So his movie's going to be incredibly successful, make him a ton of movie, and Gohan will be in the hospital while Videl takes all his heat?

Freiza was kind enough to put over a young up and coming talent before leaving to work another territory. Now he's coming back to be top heel again. Frieza is DBZ Brock Lesnar damnit.

That's an insult to Brock Lesnar. If anyone were to be as dominant, yet as overrated as Lesnar is in DBZ, it would have to be Broly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm fixing to quit my holiday job. Only been here for 2 months and don't plan on putting it on my resume, but it wasn't what I was promised it would be. At all, and I don't need the job, so I'm trying to think of the best way to do it.

Probably just stop showing up since it's an autonomous type deal.

It's more like Euro Indy wrestling where I know I don't like it because I can't stand chain wrestling, so I don't watch it.

It's not as if every match is a Johnny Saint match. Or any match, even. Euro indie wrestling is a lot like US indie wrestling these days, there might be touches of the old British style here and there, but there are very few pure proponents of it. I agree on the lucha though - it's a style I've always struggled to get to grips with, more for the match structure than anything.

jred2k

I'm fixing to quit my holiday job. Only been here for 2 months and don't plan on putting it on my resume, but it wasn't what I was promised it would be. At all, and I don't need the job, so I'm trying to think of the best way to do it.

Unless they've been complete shitheads and stopped paying your or something I'd say you should at least give them the consideration of giving two weeks notice. They'll need some time to line up someone for your position.

I'll go one step ahead of all of you on the balcony thing and say I hate every single top rope maneuver that doesn't rely on constantly being aware of the opponent's positioning. Like when an Uso climbs up top to do their corkscrew moonsault, and the guys he wants to hit it on are running around, and the Uso doesn't even look behind him to see if he'll hit anyone. How the fuck does he know that's going to hit anyone? I'd buy the move if sometimes he just totally whiffed and looked stupid, but he always hits it on people who should know better than to be standing in his range.

Oh, so he did drop off the face of the earth. Makes sense.
When will they learn that TNA is basically a retirement home...

Orton got him fired from WWE, he's been floundering in TNA ever since

Orton was able to get him fired? God. Either Orton has too much power, or Kennedy screwed up pretty bad.

chunk3rvd

It's not as if every match is a Johnny Saint match. Or any match, even. Euro indie wrestling is a lot like US indie wrestling these days, there might be touches of the old British style here and there, but there are very few pure proponents of it. I agree on the lucha though - it's a style I've always struggled to get to grips with, more for the match structure than anything.

Funnily enough Data's comment sent me off to Youtube and I just watched Saint vs Finlay. Love his escapology stuff and I still think more guys could use it today and get it over. Only person I've seen use it that looks remotely as smooth as Saint though is TMF Zack Sabre Jr

Alucard

Banned

Hit a stunner.

Top Bottom