• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Xater

2015 seems like a killer year for PS4 whereas the Wii U has Splatoon and Xenogears? No way Zelda comes out in 2015. Are there any other Nintendo games that are announced that I'm missing? I haven't had a Nintendo system since N64.

Yoshi's Wooly World and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which both look great.

If you have to decide between a PS4 and a Wii U have though get the PS4. The Wii U is only great as a secondary system.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2015 seems like a killer year for PS4 whereas the Wii U has Splatoon and Xenogears? No way Zelda comes out in 2015. Are there any other Nintendo games that are announced that I'm missing? I haven't had a Nintendo system since N64.

Zelda pretty much always gets delayed once.

Xenoblade is more than enough for me next year. Just waiting for the date.

2015 should be the first year that owning a PS4 will be worth it though.

EDIT: I did forget about Yoshi and Kirby. Damn.

Yoshi's Wooly World and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which both look great.

If you have to decide between a PS4 and a Wii U have though get the PS4. The Wii U is only great as a secondary system.

My thing is I don't have much time for videogames anymore. I only really play maybe 2 or 3 games a year at most.

Zelda pretty much always gets delayed once.

Xenoblade is more than enough for me next year. Just waiting for the date.

2015 should be the first year that owning a PS4 will be worth it though.

EDIT: I did forget about Yoshi and Kirby. Damn.

If I keep the Wii U, I like the fact I can play Wii and Gamecube games. Are there any good Wii wrestling games that I missed out on?

Nekofrog

Banned
i hope that stupid cat gets spooked and starts scratching the crap out of people live on TV

first animal heel turn?

or was grump cat always a heel?

or is she a stone cold "cool" heel?

what am i saying someone help me

Xater

My thing is I don't have much time for videogames anymore. I only really play maybe 2 or 3 games a year at most.

If I keep the Wii U, I like the fact I can play Wii and Gamecube games. Are there any good Wii wrestling games that I missed out on?

If that's the amount of games you play then the Wii U can be fine for you. Nintendo games are always of high quality. And no you have not missed out on any wrestling games.

Of course it will be, which is why I was referring to waiting till 2015 or 2016 to get the PS4 because that's when it's lineup begins to really pick up momentum and will make owning one more worthwhile.

bjork

Supercard? I quit playing that shit when I hit the brick wall with Super Rares where you have to start playing KOTR and special events in order to get better cards.

The main thing I dislike about it is that even though you increase your tier, the pulls don't correspond to that. Like I'm in epic right now, and you always pull one card for that tier when you get there, but the whole "get to epic+ and epic++ to have a better chance to pull more epic cards" feels like a lie. I wish you could only pull from your tier and maybe the three under it. So like in epic it would be ultra rare, super rare, and rare. Uncommon and common cards end up being most of what you pull, and it's frustrating. You can make pros in those tiers no sweat, but pulling two of the same guy in super rare or higher is basically impossible.

Either that, or let me pick which cards I want if I want to buy. Maybe everyone would buy the same ones, but I only want old guys. Having Rusev or that fat bald guy in the Wyatt family doesn't interest me.

I played 5000 games and finally gave up. I've moved onto the superior card game nba2k15 mobile. More game types better rewards and it doesn't feel like a time sink like supercard.

Problem for me there is that it's basketball. At least I kinda sorta once in awhile enjoy wrestling. I haven't enjoyed basketball in almost 20 years.

MatureFamiliarClownanemonefish.gif

Now that's what I call ATTITUDE.

Vylash

Splatoon, Xenoblade, Kirby And The Amazing Mirror, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Starfox, and that's just announced stuff

I don't know guys the more I see and hear about 2K15 the more ambivalent I become. Should I get 2K15 to play as Daniel Bryan or should I get Dragon Age Inquisition and make Daniel Bryan. He was the American Dragon after all.

inb4 dwarf or elf jokes

I don't know guys the more I see and hear about 2K15 the more ambivalent I become. Should I get 2K15 to play as Daniel Bryan or should I get Dragon Age Inquisition and make Daniel Bryan. He was the American Dragon after all.

inb4 dwarf or elf jokes

Please don't support Yukes and 2k for what they did with 2k15. They need a wakeup call. I hope they get a low metacritic too, but I know American media won't grade any big 3rd party game under a 7 or 8.

inb4 dwarf or elf jokes

rent both from redbox before you take the plunge

inb4 dwarf or elf jokes

None of the Redbox kiosks offer ps4 games at the moment sadly.

You should check again. They do around me. I think you might have to do show all games though since I don't think they have their own category yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will bite the bullet and buy it. Even though I don't even like the modern WWE product.

But I probably won't get around to playing it for quite some time since I have GTA preloaded. I still bet I like WWE more than Mordor or Unity though.

somedevil

Meltzer Updated news about Bryan:

When Daniel Bryan was in town over the weekend, he spoke about his injury and there was really nothing new to report. He may undergo a second surgery, but he may not. There is no timetable for a return as they are hoping his strength returns to his right arm without surgery. He is hopeful of being able to return by January to have a program for WrestleMania, but that is just a hope. It all depends on his body, and nobody knows the answer as to when he'll regain his strength.

So people should be praying that he returns for Royal Rumble because if he doesn't then it doesn't look good for him.

jmdajr

Ah that sucks.

COD just happens to be the one PS4 game they have in my local one, I should try that. How long is it? Maybe a good 5 hours worth? That's enough for me.

Probably. Ghosts didn't take me that long. Just not a fan of Gamefly so don't want that route again.

I'm not even sure which company should win North American promotion of the year at this point. It's not TNA or WWE, and I don't know the lucha companies well enough to know how well their years have been.

The nearly virtual guarantee that the Grumpy Cat segments won't be the worst parts of tonight's Raw is rather depressing.

Meltzer Updated news about Bryan:

So people should be praying that he returns for Royal Rumble because if he doesn't then it doesn't look good for him.

If I was Bryan I shouldn't be worrying about Mania 31 at this point and try to go for Rumble 2016 to Mania 32 and see where he could go from there from this point. I always wanted Lesnar to go over Mania 31 but with the number of dates he's been doing as champion makes me more indifferent on that matter. In a perfect world, we'd get Lesnar v TMF Bryan in Texas. But if Austin returns for that than OHHH BOY.

Whatever. It's all been weird and shitty regarding mah boi D Brine where I'm just sort of numbed from it all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wrestlmania alone makes WWE the best promotion in the US. It was quite honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also, Lawler kind of has to screech "Cat fight! Cat fight!" at some point.

One shining moment vs. months and months of shit.

To be honest their PPVs were pretty damn good up until the last two, which were merely average.

RAW hasn't been consistently good all year, and it's a shame. 3 hours hasn't done them any favors and they've been putting on too much good wrestling matches with the same people over and over again to the point where people are sick of them. The writing has been abysmal lately as well.

Sephzilla

WWE PPVs are usually solid half of the year, roughly Royal Rumble through SummerSlam. After the summer though WWE enters their "we're phoning it in until January" phase.

Xater

Wrestlmania alone makes WWE the best promotion in the US. It was quite honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

You must not watch a lot of wrestling outside of WWE. WM was good but there are tons of better shows. WWE has been shit since then.

NoRéN

If I was Bryan I shouldn't be worrying about Mania 31 at this point and try to go for Rumble 2016 to Mania 32 and see where he could go from there from this point. I always wanted Lesnar to go over Mania 31 but with the number of dates he's been doing as champion makes me more indifferent on that matter. In a perfect world, we'd get Lesnar v TMF Bryan in Texas. But if Austin returns for that than OHHH BOY.

Whatever. It's all been weird and shitty regarding mah boi D Brine where I'm just sort of numbed from it all.
Is the time Bryan has been out typical for that kind of injury?

Alucard

Banned
That Lucha Underground main event was flippity dippity indy silliness of the highest order. Overall entertaining, but let's be honest

Definitely super entertaining. It was a car crash match with some incredible spots. I'll take that once a week over 3 hours of Raw.

Lucha != indie

But handspring cutter ls,are,super dumb

I used to think it was stupid too, but then Jay Lethal sold me on it. The setup makes no sense outside of looking cool to distract the guy taking it, but the actual end game of the move still looks great.

I'm still shook I got a Wii U for $59. I don't know whether I should sell it for $200+ or keep it.

How the hell did you swing that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You must not watch a lot of wrestling outside of WWE. WM was good but there are tons of better shows. WWE has been shit since then.

I watch plenty when I get the time; TNA, ROH, a little PWG and a decent amount of Dragon Gate.. WM XXX was really great the first time and even better when I watched it about a month ago to see if it wasn't just the case of it being new and fresh.

Sephzilla

Bit late to this conversation but, don''t see how this is any stupider than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4Ukrd7jA0

A kick to the gut stuns someone longer than a kendo stick to the back. The only thing dumb in the Orton video is that Orton takes a half second to set up the steps. Well Christian's leap is halfassed too, I guess.

The lucha gif has a pointless flip, a gut kick that stuns someone for a solid 5 seconds, the wrestler in black jumping upwards for no attempted move, and said wrestler staring right at the incoming wrestler the entire time.

Definitely super entertaining. It was a car crash match with some incredible spots. I'll take that once a week over 3 hours of Raw.

I used to think it was stupid too, but then Jay Lethal sold me on it. The setup makes no sense outside of looking cool to distract the guy taking it, but the actual end game of the move still looks great.

How the hell did you swing that?

There was a pricing glitch on Sears website. I showed that to Walmart and got them to price match.

Top Bottom