• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Sephzilla

How I'll probably feel if I watch Raw tonight

1zqwxll.gif

How I'll probably feel if I don't watch Raw tonight

Picarddancing.gif

Thank you Sunny for that ST thread on OT.

Omega

Banned
They've done a terrible job of marketing it. They've literally turned it into a joke on screen. They advertise their own product on their own programming, to people who already know about it, instead of doing real commercials and ad campaigns. Their way to entice people to the network is to insult them directly. They had no foresight on to any part of it. Not to the content, not to the player, not to the page design, not to marketing. It's been a shit show and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up like Redbox's streaming service within 2-3 years at most.

They didn't even stick with some of their own original content. They stopped doing post shows, stopped doing pre-shows for Smackdown within a few weeks. There is zero effort being put into it.

I think they expected Netflix numbers out of the gate. When neither happened they just said fuck it and decided to insult their fanbase while pushing 9.99 in promos

It's so stupid how they force it into everything. Have Hogan shill it, whatever. Don't have The Authority come out to do a promo and then stop themselves mid-promo to drop a "Nine. Ninety. Nine"

I couldn't imagine Vince cutting a promo against Austin and stopping mid-promo to tell people that they could have enjoyed their St. Valentine's Day Massacre cage match at the WWE Restaurant for only [whatever the price was at the time]

I don't understand how a white, male, atheist like Strobogo can not like Star Trek. This show is like Roots for your people, except in the future and it even has Kunta Kinte.

I keep hearing that only a minority of subscribers want to see vintage content on the Network - I can understand that, but with the wealth of footage WWE has at their disposal what I can't understand is why WWE have done nothing to make that vintage content appealing to the majority. How hard would it be to get some superstars to sit down and record them watching classic matches, MST3K-style? Or a series where superstars provide commentary to their own matches? Or even just a simple Fave Five program where one WWE superstar picks their top five matches ever? The original content is severely lacking, which is only made more apparent by their drip-feeding of archive content.

That would be very very nice. One of my favorite things is hearing about a wrestlers match from one of the participants.

Stone Cold just did one for WM17. He said he's gonna do it for WM13.

Cagey

Banned
OT was fun when Kpop fanboys were calling me racist for speculating the thread probably had a sizable number of white dudes. Why I gotta bring race into it doe =/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spider, fuck her. Pregnant women benefit a lot from sexes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These aren't hard times. It's very simple. Have sex.

somedevil

Update from Bryan on his injury:

Bryan talked about his injury and how slow the recovery has been. He said he's not sure what to do with his free time because this is the first time he's been out of the ring for this long since he began his career.

Bryan said he feels fine but still has a lot of weakness in his right hand. He talked about how having a weak hand is dangerous for he and his opponents. Bryan said he's not in pain but they can't figure out how to get his strength back.

Bryan was asked about WrestleMania 31 and said he will be heartbroken if he can't compete. Bryan said they are hoping he will be ready for WrestleMania 31 but he will be disappointed if he's not able to perform.

Hope he can make it by then. He didn't say anything about needing another surgery though.

http://www.si.com/moresports/video/2014/11/03/wwe-bryan-back-ring

Aww fuck. Forgot its the UK RAW time of year.

I guess it will be nice to see a RAW not full of Network plugs for a change.

Earlier this year they flew Hulk Hogan to London to appear infront of a UK WWE audience for the 1st time in 20 years and all he talked about was $9.99 to an arena full of people who couldn't buy what he was selling.

These aren't hard times. It's very simple. Have sex.

I just saw your thread about videogame characters being TMF and people were naming Street Fighter characters and somehow left this sonuva bitch out.

Eagle.jpg

Anyway, Spider you need to fuck that chick. I had pregnant sex once and it was pretty fantastic.....and weird. Right up my alley. She kept telling me to rub her belly......
And I kept trying to suck the milk out of her tits..........

...........yeah......so you should definitely hit that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's the problem? Lie around like a pile of junk and play it.

When the GCN launched I got sick the week immediately after. Missed school that Monday and Tuesday and came back for the short Wednesday day immediately before Thanksgiving. Everyone assumed I took those two days off to play Rogue Leader. Nope, having weird fever dreams, puking, and trying to take in fluids. Wednesday I felt great though and invited people back to my place and we dual screened MGS2 and Super Monkey Ball.

strobogo

Banned
"The Lucha Underground television show produced roughly 8,000 viewers for El Rey Network on Wednesday."

Most watched show ever on El Rey.

Fucking lol. After the FIRST episode people in here were talking about how long it takes until WWE takes it seriously as a threat. 8K. More people watch WWE Countdown.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fucking lol. After the FIRST episode people in here were talking about how long it takes until WWE takes it seriously as a threat. 8K. More people watch WWE Countdown.

TNA will get a hundred times as many people to watch Recap specials in four weeks.

jmdajr

HHHlaugh.gif

edit: This doom and gloom for WWE. I don't think WWE can die, just like Nintendo can't die. Core group will always care. BUT.... unlike Nintendo with immortal digital characters, WWE doesn't have the same benefit.
Sorry Hulkster. We need that new talent to keep rolling in.

Sephzilla

what if we all misinterpreted Spider's "Help" comment in his OP to that thread and in fact, he just needs help actually clowning with her?

Keanu_Whoa.png~c200

somedevil

More on Lucha Underground viewership:

Lucha" ranked #2 on El Rey for the week. The show trailed El Rey's Tuesday night movie, Day of the Dead, which drew approximately 14,000 a18-49 viewers.

- The median age was 48.9 years-old, with 65 percent male viewers.

I don't think the show was targeted towards 49 year old males.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall don't know lucha culture, it's definitely targeted towards that demographic!

Omega

Banned

who even said that?

It's a show exclusive to one provider on a channel almost no one has heard of. I feel like you're pulling a gaming side move and making shit up. At least I would hope no one seriously thought WWE would consider this competition.

Top Bottom