• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Big One

Banned
If GFW becomes a global NWA type organisation that can bring several top promotions together for supershows then... holy shit, I'm all for that. It'd almost be a 'legit' World Champion too.
I'd love this. Get TNA (probably won't happen due to Dixie's ego), ROH, NJPW, CMLL, AAA all under the GFW banner and have the GFW belt be the "world" belt would be awesome.

I'd future endeavor Cesaro based on this video alone.

crt0Oiv.gif

New Japan generally kill WWE in Japanese PPV buys (as iPPV is now a much bigger deal over there than traditional PPV, which a relatively few number of people have access to, although it'd be interesting to see Network sub numbers). Also, while WWE have been improving their attendances with each tour over the past few years, they still struggle to fill out the bigger arenas - for instance, New Japan drew 8,500 and 9,100 in Sumo Hall this year, while WWE drew a heavily papered 5,000 and then 11,000 with Hogan introducing KENTA as the draw. Also, they can't really draw outside of Osaka and Tokyo and had to stop running the Tokyo Budokan in 2009 as numbers really dwindled in just 5 years from 14,000 to 4,000, which is a ridiculously low number for a Budokan show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro will definitely be gone soon. WWE's roster getting anemic. Just because you didn't like Alberto Del Rio doesn't mean he didn't draw very well with a large demographic of WWE fans who basically have no one right now on the main show. He's gone, and Rey''s going to be gone soon enough. Kalisto has potential to draw, but they'd be starting from square one with him unlike Rey.

Alucard

Banned
I feel like emailing in next week and asking Cabana to ask Punk, "How do you respond to Ryback's comments that you never once confronted him?"

Nah, pretty much what you'd expect. Vince probably noticed he didn't have any dancing black guys after Brodus left and with R Truth seemingly being nowhere in sight.

New Day just don't strike me as 'dance monkey dance' like Brodus did. They're a really solid in ring trio. Hopefully the gimmick will work for three guys who have really been lacking direction for a while. They seem genuinely into it. We'll know in time.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, is the Ziggler push real this time? He also main-evented Smackdown and the show finished with Ziggler celebrating. Or is this just a stopgap until Orton, Reigns, and/or Bryan return?

Raw64life

Guys, is the Ziggler push real this time? He also main-evented Smackdown and the show finished with Ziggler celebrating. Or is this just a stopgap until Orton, Reigns, and/or Bryan return?

No chance. He never had a shot at being pushed to genuine main event status but they could've at least kept the IC belt on him and have him beat upper midcard guys. But that would involve caring about and wanting to elevate the IC title, which is a no no.

Mahonay

Banned
So uh. I thought Smackdown was okay this week.

It's a new day brahs.

At least until it isn't.
Smackdown SHOULD continue to improve, as dirt sheets are saying they're looking to get it back to having main story lines progress and develop on the show as it once did (not once in a blue moon like now). Probably lining up with the return to Thursdays nights in January.

I'm confused as to why WWE has the IC strap on Luke Harper? From a character standpoint he doesn't even seem like he'd give a fuck about a title, it seems wasted on him. They should have just put it on Ziggler.

Alucard

Banned
Ambrose's rebound lariat is really bad. Just saw him perform it on Kane on Main Event. Such a slow setup that looks way too obvious.

On a side note, what are the most overused moves in wrestling today? Or the moves that are in vogue.

1. Suicide dive
2. Missile dropkick
3. Flatliner into the turnbuckle

Hasney

The thing with Ambrose's clothesline, I get the idea that he used it in that match with Seth and it looked awesome as a one off, then someone backstage told him it should be one of his signatures.

It should be used sparingly at best.

On a side note, what are the most overused moves in wrestling today? Or the moves that are in vogue.

1. Suicide dive
2. Missile dropkick
3. Flatliner into the turnbuckle

Tope suicida and missile dropkick have become really standard moves, almost as much as a superkick. I think the most over-used at the moment are;

1. Backcracker/lungblower/codebreaker
2. Moves on the apron or into the turnbuckle
3. Double stomp variations

Top Bottom