• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Honestly most of their shirts I would be embarrassed.

There are a few exceptions on good shirts.

csuopDMm.jpg

HI46dClm.jpg

aVklgkEm.jpg

o8pW2TAm.jpg

JpExdekm.jpg

zPUNapBm.jpg

HJaK7z0m.jpg

2bvCgokm.jpg

ebRVrOFm.jpg

N92zoffm.png

Most of the shirts wind up like this

xtNEZP9m.jpg

opWgTkSm.jpg

WswbOkGm.jpg

jatnQ3Jm.jpg

6emvwdqm.jpg

U59TxArm.jpg

I have the white NWO shirt, but didn't buy the official WWE-sold one, as that would imply giving them money. It still looks amazing, though. The official one has the NWO logo too small, whereas the one I have is the correct size. Either way, it's both cool AND doesn't turn you into a walking billboard. If you say I should have bought the actual one for £30, then

tumblr_n0ut8kTC7V1qheak7o7_250.gif

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of WWE 2014

I'm culling from Bootaay's massive list of "should watch" for this year in WWE. I'm definitely not going to watch them all, as there are a lot of rematches and just a lot in general.

• CM Punk/Usos vs Shield Smackdown 1/3/14
  • CM Punk vs Roman Reigns Raw 1/6/14
  • Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan Royal Rumble 2014
  • Shield vs Daniel Bryan/John Cena/Sheamus Raw 1/27/14
  • Cesaro vs Daniel Bryan Smackdown 2/6/14
  • Christian/Sheamus vs Real Americans Raw 2/10/14
  • Cesaro vs Randy Orton Smackdown 2/13/14
  • Cesaro vs John Cena Raw 2/17/14

Punk working as generic 80s babyface is weird. I couldn't notice his giant MRSA bulge in either match. Bray/Bryan is so dope. Felt like a real match between two dudes who hate each other and are trying to hurt each other instead of highly sequenced cool spots stuff. It had a lot of time to breathe and do what felt right. Old school PPV match kind of thing. I can't even comprehend what has happened to Cesaro. He was being pushed SO HARD from Jan-WM. He's murdering fools, giving Cena his most physical match in years, beating the WWE World Heavyweight Champion 100% clean in the center of the ring. And now he's a pre-show jobber with zero reaction, zero intensity, and awful music. What a difference a year makes.

It's official: I'm a fan of Lucha Underground. I thought it was exclusively of El Rey Network (I don't have it), but it's shown on other Latin networks. It has a band, and way better storylines than WWE has to offer.

Butterfly in the skyyyy, I can go twice as hiiiiigh, take a look, in a book, a reading rainbowww. Iiiiii cannn go anywheree. Friends to know, ways to grow, a reading rainbowwwww. Iiii cannn beeee anythinggg~ Take a look~in a book a reading rainbooow~

I couldn't help but notice his giant MRSA bulge in either match. Mmmm.

Of course you couldn't.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm sick to my stomach. I could put up with the bigotry, the racism, the sexism, the gloves, the con artists, the favoritism, the low pay, the lack of health insurance, the lack of respect, the arrogance, the deaths and the sexual harrasments, but what I can't put up with this culture he has pervaded of talent working through serious health issues. I just can't. They have me seriously interested in ROH's product and that is something I never thought would happen.
ooc7sIr.gif

Raw64life

I can't even comprehend what has happened to Cesaro. He was being pushed SO HARD from Jan-WM. He's murdering fools, giving Cena his most physical match in years, beating the WWE World Heavyweight Champion 100% clean in the center of the ring. And now he's a pre-show jobber with zero reaction, zero intensity, and awful music. What a difference a year makes.

Not even a year. Barely 6 months. And it's not like the talent pool is huge right now either. There's very much a spot for him as at least an upper midcard heel.

So how about that #adaptergate?

I managed to snag one for the 10 minutes Amazon had them in stock the other day. I was genuinely planning on using it, but if they really aren't making anymore and it's gonna be going for $100+ on eBay, I'd be silly not to sell it. I don't pretend to be a Smash Bros. tournament guru so the Pro Controller is just fine for it.

Alucard

Banned
It's official: I'm a fan of Lucha Underground. I thought it was exclusively of El Rey Network (I don't have it), but it's shown on other Latin networks. It has a band, and way better storylines than WWE has to offer.

Welcome aboard, hefe.

*Konnan and Cueto gif*

Are you all caught up to episode 5?

Recall

So what the fuck can Seth Rollins do in regards to cashing in his brief case? He is never gonna do it, is he? The creative team have their work cut out...

...or not

bjork

So what the fuck can Seth Rollins do in regards to cashing in his brief case? He is never gonna do it, is he? The creative team have their work cut out...

...or not

It's good for any title, right? They should have him get run over or something and when he comes back, he thinks he's a diva and he gets into a feud with whoever is diva champ at the time.

Carnby

How can you guys like this lucha underground crap? It's over produced, looks like it was shot on a sound stage, and even the "fans" look like plants. I don't even consider it to be professional wrestling.

Thorakai

...or not

He cashes it in at the Royal Rumble after Brock decimates Cena and gets berried immediately.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seth-kun is definitely winning the belt, either at Mania or the night after and it will be glorious. He's going to prove my faith in him was not misguided, just like The Chris Weidman did.

strobogo

Banned
It's good for any title, right? They should have him get run over or something and when he comes back, he thinks he's a diva and he gets into a feud with whoever is diva champ at the time.

No. It's never been for any title. It's always been for either the WHC or WWE championship.

Where is that list if I may ask.

2014.01.03 - The Shield vs CM Punk & The Usos
2014.01.06 - CM Punk vs Roman Reigns
2014.01.26 - WWE - Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt
2014.01.27 - WWE - The Sheild vs Daniel Bryan, John Cena & Sheamus

2014.02.07 - WWE - Randy Orton vs Christian
2014.02.10 - WWE - Christian & Sheamus vs The Real Americans
2014.02.10 - WWE - John Cena vs Randy Orton
2014.02.14 - WWE - The Shield vs Daniel Bryan, Sheamus & Christian
2014.02.14 - WWE - Cesaro vs Randy Orton
2014.02.17 - WWE - Cesaro vs John Cena
2014.02.23 - WWE - The Shield vs The Wyatts
2014.02.23 - WWE - Randy Orton (c) vs Daniel Bryan vs John Cena vs Cesaro vs Christian vs Sheamus
2014.02.27 - NXT - Paige vs Emma
2014.02.27 - NXT - Cesaro vs Sami Zayn

2014.03.03 - WWE - The Shield vs The Wyatts
2014.03.03 - WWE - Sheamus vs Christian
2014.03.17 - WWE - Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton
2014.03.24 - WWE - Christian vs Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus
2014.03.24 - WWE - The Real Americans vs The Shield
2014.03.24 - WWE - John Cena vs Luke Harper

2014.04.06 - WWE - Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
2014.04.06 - WWE - John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
2014.04.06 - WWE - Randy Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan
2014.04.08 - WWE - The Shield vs The Wyatts
2014.04.14 - WWE - Bad News Barrett vs Dolph Ziggler

2014.05.04 - WWE - The Shield vs Evolution
2014.05.04 - WWE - Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
2014.05.05 - WWE - Daniel Bryan vs Alberto Del Rio
2014.05.05 - WWE - The Wyatts vs The Shiels
2014.05.19 - WWE - Cesaro vs Sheamus
2014.05.29 - NXT - Tyler Breeze vs Sami Zayn
2014.05.29 - NXT - Charlotte vs Natalya
2014.05.29 - NXT - Adrian Neville (c) vs Tyson Kidd

2014.06.01 - WWE - Sheamus (c) vs Cesaro
2014.06.01 - WWE - John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
2014.06.01 - WWE - The Shield vs Evolution
2014.06.29 - WWE - The Wyatts vs The Usos
2014.06.29 - WWE - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston vs Rob Van Dam
2014.06.29 - WWE - Rusev vs Big E
2014.06.29 - WWE - John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio vs Bray Wyatt vs Cesaro vs Kane vs Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns vs Sheamus
2014.06.30 - WWE - The Wyatts vs Sheamus & The Usos

2014.07.07 - WWE The Wyatts vs The Usos
2014.07.20 - WWE - The Usos vs The Wyatts

2014.08.11 - WWE - Randy Orton vs Sheamus
2014.08.17 - WWE - Brock Lesnar vs John Cena
2014.08.17 - WWE - Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins
2014.08.18 - WWE - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

2014.09.11 - NXT - Charlotte (c) vs Bayley
2014.09.11 - NXT - Adrian Neville (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze vs Tyson Kidd
2014.09.21 - WWE - Sheamus (c) vs Cesaro
2014.09.21 - WWE - Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho
2014.09.21 - WWE - Brock Lesnar (c) vs John Cena
2014.09.26 - WWE - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Cesaro

2014.10.20 - WWE - Dolph Ziggler vs Cesaro
2014.10.26 - WWE - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Cesaro
2014.10.26 - WWE - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

2014.11.03 - WWE - Randy Oton vs Seth Rollins
2014.11.11 - WWE - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Cesaro vs Tyson Kidd
2014.11.13 - NXT - Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn
2014.11.23 - WWE - Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt
2014.11.23 - WWE - Team Cena vs Team Authority
2014.11.27 - NXT - Finn Balor vs Tyson Kidd

I'm only going to watch one Uso/Wyatts match. And probably only one or two Cesaro/Dolph matches.

Alucard

Banned
How can you guys like this lucha underground crap? It's over produced, looks like it was shot on a sound stage, and even the "fans" look like plants. I don't even consider it to be professional wrestling.

It's definitely different and the crowd feels like a studio audience instead of an organic crowd, but there are plenty of things to like.

-the production is top notch. We've never seen wrestling packages look this good.
-every character has a reason for being
-the backstage story segments feel like a tv drama and like the "show" is fully aware that it's staged...zero "shooting," as these characters exist in their own self-contained universe
-the arena feels like a character. Love a promotion having its own "house"/"temple"
-some of the matches are quite good. Look up the three-way between Fenix, Pentagon, and Drago was excellent

It's a true alternative to the WWE and totally has its own vibe, and I feel excited to see the following episode.

Carnby

It's definitely different and the crowd feels like a studio audience instead of an organic crowd, but there are plenty of things to like.

-the production is top notch. We've never seen wrestling packages look this good.
-every character has a reason for being
-the backstage story segments feel like a tv drama and like the "show" is fully aware that it's staged...zero "shooting," as these characters exist in their own self-contained universe
-the arena feels like a character. Love a promotion having its own "house"/"temple"
-some of the matches are quite good. Look up the three-way between Fenix, Pentagon, and Drago was excellent

It's a true alternative to the WWE and totally has its own vibe, and I feel excited to see the following episode.

So it's not professional wrestling. Got it.

edit: I don't mean to sound dismissive, but really, everything you said proved my point.

edit: I don't mean to sound dismissive, but really, everything you said proved my point.
So whether something is professional wrestling or not has nothing to do with whether or not it features mainly pro wrestling matches?

Troll harder.

Carnby

So whether something is professional wrestling or not has nothing to do with whether or not it features mainly pro wrestling matches?

Troll harder.

When every match is more scripted than a Randy Savage match and it's taped in front of a bunch of plants, it's NOT pro wrestling.

You have a very narrow definition of professional wrestling, then. It definitely isn't your standard wrestling show, but it's still built around wrestlers having matches with one another.

When every match is more scripted than a Randy Savage match and it's taped in front of a bunch of plants, it's NOT pro wrestling.
This is as dumb as claiming Gone Home isn't a game, and basically is trying to put way more value to your own opinion ("I don't like it"). It's baseless and using a made up standard that you pulled out of your ass. All due respect.

bjork

I'm with Carnby here. I've only seen a small bit, but what I've seen looks more like a TV show with wrestling as its subject than wrestling that happens to be a TV show.

I'm with Carnby here. I've only seen a small bit, but what I've seen looks more like a TV show with wrestling as its subject than wrestling that happens to be a TV show.
Raw is a TV show. Smackdown is a TV show.

You don't like the more artificial looking promos, that's fine, but the way the backstage stuff is shot doesn't magically make the show not wrestling.

Like I don't get this argument at all really. The wcw ready to rumble movie I could see people not really calling wrestling because there isn't a single full match in the entire movie. But lucha underground has plenty of full matches, they're just filmed differently. Like its presentation is a lot fancier and it is trying to be more like a TV show, but...it's still wrasslin'.

JavyOO7

When every match is more scripted than a Randy Savage match

To be fair, even if his stuff was really scripted, as in Randy and his opponents go by every single move that's going to happen in the match, a Randy match is still amazing. He was amazing even when he was getting up there in age on WCW.

Top Bottom