• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

RBH

Dngc0eB.gif

:lol

jmdajr

I think wrestling is pretty great. Here's some reasons why it's great:

1. It means the people doing the wrestling get out of the house and get some exercise.
  2. Opponents first vocally spar against each other, much like a poetry slam.
  3. When opponents do eventually tussle they are sweaty, which shows up on television very well. Much like the illuminated puck in hockey or the orange football in a football match.
  4. Viewers with natural aggressive tendencies are less likely to be violent as wrestling will quell their violent thirst.

absolutely

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering picking up a KES and Bad Luck Fale shirt. Hmmm

kiguel182

So, Raw was cool.

I kind of like this Authority angle. Them acting like the mob and all. I think HHH needs to cut a little bit of the ranting but it's a good angle. Even if they are still pushing Orton.

Vince looks old and tired. Really cringed watching him shilling the Network. Not good.

Tyson Kidd looked so small compared to Sheamus, it's a completely different look from when he is at NXT. It's cool that he won but they need to build on that and give him some promo time or a story. And they won't do that probably. It's a shame because heel Tyson it's gold. Fact.

I have no idea what the new gimmick of Xavier Woods is going to be but they guy is great so I'm interested.

Ziggler should've attacked HHH, or at least tried, that would've made the segment. Still, HHH kind of put him over and he showed some attitude so that's great.

No Bo Dallas and that sucks. Let him go back to NXT if you are not going to use him then.

Show vs Henry was boring but that was to be expected.

Apparently Rusev won the title so that's great. Sandow continues to be awesome and it was great how the Usos were booed when they super-kicked him.

That is all for my rant I think. Cool show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Authority needs New Blood. Rollins+Kane+Goons just isn't enough. Sheamus, Henry, maybe stick Rowan in a suit?

So is Saturday finally the day when NJPW gives Dolph Ziggler Shibata the belt and push the fans want to see? Or is that at the Dome? Or is that never?

So is Saturday finally the day when NJPW gives Dolph Ziggler Shibata the belt and push the fans want to see? Or is that at the Dome? Or is that never?

I think Nak keeps it and they do some stunt casting for his IC title defense. Maybe a Gracie.

Or Shibata wins it, faces Goto, and gets ded

I doubt it will happen Saturday or at the Dome, but likely in 2015 assuming Shibata signs a contract with New Japan in January (which is when they negotiate contracts). He's only been an independent worker since returning and the Power Struggle tour is the first full tour he's worked for New Japan since 2004.

I'm watching new blood rising and it hit me....The Ascension is pretty much a next gen version of Kronic.

Why would you watch New Blood Rising? Are you a sadomasochist? I can't think of any other reason that a person would willingly watch New Blood Rising. What a terrible PPV.

First episode of Nitro was solid. Decent matches, very old school. Why was Hogan such a dick to Luger at the end? Luger just came out to help and Hogan is all like go back to where you came from, I'll be champion forever, this is my yard yadda yadda. Also he looks weird as shit with his thin ass mustache.

What the fuck is a Hulkaroon?

7/10

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think wrestling is pretty great. Here's some reasons why it's great:

1. It means the people doing the wrestling get out of the house and get some exercise.
  2. Opponents first vocally spar against each other, much like a poetry slam.
  3. When opponents do eventually tussle they are sweaty, which shows up on television very well. Much like the illuminated puck in hockey or the orange football in a football match.
  4. Viewers with natural aggressive tendencies are less likely to be violent as wrestling will quell their violent thirst.
You're elevating this sport with that positivity.

RP912

Banned
Why would you watch New Blood Rising? Are you a sadomasochist? I can't think of any other reason that a person would willingly watch New Blood Rising. What a terrible PPV.

It wasn't that bad...I look at it as a modern day raw with actual wrestling and 30 percent fuckery compared to 90 fuckery and 10 percent wrestling.

It wasn't that bad...I look at it as a modern day raw with actual wrestling and 30 percent fuckery compared to 90 fuckery and 10 percent wrestling.

The only redeeming part of that PPV was the opening match and even that had a dumb finish. And this PPV had Judy Bagwell on a forklift. I cannot with a straight face say that any Raw was as bad as that. Even the wrestling wasn't good, so it being there isn't even relevant.

RP912

Banned
ehh, the Ascension dudes are big but they aren't jacked.

touche'

The only redeeming part of that PPV was the opening match and even that had a dumb finish. And this PPV had Judy Bagwell on a forklift. I cannot with a straight face say that any Raw was as bad as that. Even the wrestling wasn't good, so it being there isn't even relevant.

judy bagwell on a forklift>>>>>>>cena pouring condiments on michael cole for whatever the fuck reason

judy bagwell on a forklift>>>>>>>cena pouring condiments on michael cole for whatever the fuck reason

When you look at everything as a whole, I just don't think Raw has been that bad, at least not recently. I legitimately think NBR is one of the three worst wrestling shows I've ever seen in my life.

strobogo

Banned
Like the ascension....

nxt-takeover2-the-ascension.jpg

vs

kronik.jpg

First episode of Nitro was solid. Decent matches, very old school. Why was Hogan such a dick to Luger at the end? Luger just came out to help and Hogan is all like go back to where you came from, I'll be champion forever, this is my yard yadda yadda. Also he looks weird as shit with his thin ass mustache.

What the fuck is a Hulkaroon?

7/10

You'll be asking that question a TON. Hulk in late 1995-Spring 1996 is the most colossal dick head. Just wait until you see how he treats Sting and Macho, his best friends, in the coming months.

Carnby

So basically, because of a mistake I made, I got the month of November for free, even though I am a day 1 subscriber. I called WWE Network support. I spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to correct this. Unfortunately the could not correct it, and I dishonestly got the month for free. I feel bad. :(

Omega

Banned
'You guys'? Are you qualifying one person as multiple people?

thought someone agreed with strobogo
No offense, but why should it be? It may help Bryan, but the guy may not be back for a year, if ever. No reason to talk about him when you can talk about......... I don't know...........

Yeah what good could possibly come from one of your superstars being associated with the world series champs?

WWE doesn't need the viewership or exposure that's for sure

beating out Monday Night Football in mexico is big news though

Ithil

No offense, but why should it be? It may help Bryan, but the guy may not be back for a year, if ever. No reason to talk about him when you can talk about......... I don't know...........

It helps WWE. They scratch, and claw and cry rather embarassingly for any hint of mainstream attention, and now one of their top guys, injured or not, has his catchphrase on Sports Illustrated's cover with the World Series winners, and is all over their victory media.

Not even a cursory mention? Daniel Bryan has been personally associated with both the Superbowl and World Series winning teams this year, how many wrestlers can WWE claim that for?

Well whether they like it or not, he is one of their biggest stars so it helps them that he was so closely related with the World Series. A company that strives at every last crumb to look relevant you'd think would jump at this. It's baffling. This is shit WCW used to do.

They did make a video package for it, ready to go. They just decided not to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMgoPRHuu6k&list=UUJ5v_MCY6GNUBTO8-D3XoAg

Top Bottom