• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 12/9/96

• Mike Enos vs M. Wallstreet
  • Hugh Morrus vs The Renegade
  • Jimmy Grafitti vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Nasty Boys vs Faces of Fear
  • Bobby Eaton vs Chris Jericho
  • Sgt. Craig Pittman vs Arn Anderson
  • DDP vs Jeff Jarrett

This is a show that probably helps Vince justify why he was never into talent loans with other companies. While you get a bunch of great talent that maybe you'll get to steal, you're going to have to send your guys out once in a while. This was one of them. It's especially noticeable when most of your top stars (all of the nWo, Sting, Macho, Flair) are hurt or don't wrestle on TV. I really thought I'd get a Konnan and DOOGUN match on this show. Instead, I got THREE Piper promos. Which, if you recall from 1998-1999, I fucking hate Piper promos. He gave you the standard greatest hits promo, too.

iJCcqnQ6vxpn1.gif

ibtVZhF0bBQQOU.gif

ibz1nuw7KhP3M7.gif

Man people get heated in that WWE game thread when some constructive criticism is given.

I don't think they are necessarily upset at your criticism in and of itself. I think they are upset that you state it again and again and again and again and again and again. I mean, if you don't like it, that's fine. But I think they take issue with the fact that you stick around if only to restate your criticism when something new pops up.

I'm over even looking in it until the next gen game is out. Mainly because of your posts.

Same. I just check to see if there is a new link or info. If not, I don't even read the posts.

I don't think they are necessarily upset at your criticism in and of itself. I think they are upset that you state it again and again and again and again and again and again. I mean, if you don't like it, that's fine. But I think they take issue with the fact that you stick around if only to restate your criticism when something new pops up.

Same. I just check to see if there is a new link or info. If not, I don't even read the posts.

Should I be in ecstasy whenever they show 2 seconds of footage and are hiding the game? The latest few seconds of gameplay they showed today has slowdown and stuttering. Noone is even saying anything else, except the eternal optimist theclosetfan, who keeps saying to wait and see how it looks when it comes out.

Zach

God dang it. I turn on the Main Event to find that the commentary team is still Michael Cole and JBL? C'maaah.

Should I be in ecstasy whenever they show 2 seconds of footage and are hiding the game? The latest few seconds of gameplay they showed today has slowdown and stuttering. Noone is even saying anything else, except the eternal optimist theclosetfan, who keeps saying to wait and see how it looks when it comes out.

No. You have already made your decision on the game. You've made your opinion clear. So you should learn to leave well enough alone. If a clip pops up and it reaffirms something you have already said a hundred times, that doesn't necessitate it being said 101st time. If I went in the Call of Duty thread and said every other post that I thought the game was shit and listed the same reasoning every time, I'd probably get banned because it's annoying as hell. So you don't have to praise. Just say your piece, once or twice, and leave it at that.

God dang it. I turn on the Main Event to find that the commentary team is still Michael Cole and JBL? C'maaah.

The were pretty damn good during the Tyson-Sami match, which leads me to believe that 75% of their being shitty is having Vince in their ears all the time.

RBH

Just saw the Xavier Woods promo for the first time now.

Thank you WWE for putting Xavier Woods into a shuckin' and jivin' gimmick.

smh

No. You have already made your decision on the game. You've made your opinion clear. So you should learn to leave well enough alone. If a clip pops up and it reaffirms something you have already said a hundred times, that doesn't necessitate it being said 101st time. If I went in the Call of Duty thread and said every other post that I thought the game was shit and listed the same reasoning every time, I'd probably get banned because it's annoying as hell. So you don't have to praise. Just say your piece, once or twice, and leave it at that.

I think I'm probably gonna buy a PS4 to play the game though.

big-show.gif

Zach

The were pretty damn good during the Tyson-Sami match, which leads me to believe that 75% of their being shitty is having Vince in their ears all the time.

I didn't see that match, but I refuse to take your word for it. >:D

I think I'm probably gonna buy a PS4 to play the game though.

big-show.gif

Biggest SWERVE since the Nasty Stro incident of '14.

somedevil

Love the back and forth between John Pollock and Brian Mann on Bryan's World Series Video:

Live Audio Wrestling
‏@LAWradio
Someone decided that Fernando having a singles match on Raw was a bigger priority than running this last night http://www.wwe.com/videos/daniel-br...eries-champions-san-francisco-giants-26775238 …

Brian Maxwell Mann ‏@BrianMaxMann
@LAWradio who is this guy? when does he debut?

Live Audio Wrestling ‏@LAWradio
@BrianMaxMann He's doing a worldwide celebrity gimmick, who fights off robbers in his spare time

Brian Maxwell Mann ‏@BrianMaxMann
@LAWradio I'll pass - know anyone with a Live Via Satellite gimmick?

somedevil

Is this the new thing now? Whenever something good happens, "Must have been HHH!"

Really? Its true though when the NXT guys are on the commentary actually talks about the match and gives history on the guys. NXT is Triple H product. So why do you think commentary improves when NXT guys are on Main Event and Raw?

Just saw the Xavier Woods promo for the first time now.

Thank you WWE for putting Xavier Woods into a shuckin' and jivin' gimmick.

smh

It's weird they gave him the preacher gimmick when that is what Big E was doing before.

Thorakai

So stables that bring attention to race are not ok but singles gimmicks that are stereotypes are A-OK. Glad they are making use of Wood's PhD background!

Fox318

Monday Night War is worth the 9.99 alone.

As bias as the editing may be you can tell that they know that era was special.

Yet they are making mistakes today when it comes to promoting talent.

Look at the Bryan stuff with the giants.

How long until he gets to go on snl?

Yet the company is so focuses on presenting a product that would rather have a Mattel contract than a global fanbase.

Half of the magic of that era was the ability to try things and improvise to entertain.

Now the company is so dependent on one superstar and the preschool audience he brings they can't see the potential.

I mean they toned down their product so a McMahon could run for office.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Really? Its true though when the NXT guys are on the commentary actually talks about the match and gives history on the guys. NXT is Triple H product. So why do you think commentary improves when NXT guys are on Main Event and Raw?
It's one thing to commend the commentators, but it's another thing to make the assumption that HHH is now the one talking into the headset, just because a NXT guy is on TV.

And who says the commentary improves when NXT guys are on TV? It's a random thing every once in a while. Could just be a coincidence. Now, obviously, NXT the show has better commentary, but that's likely do to having different commentators.

Wrestling fans are such marks that they've smarked themselves into thinking everything is some conspiracy, just so they can show off some random useless smark tidbit of info like "someone feeds them lines", when usually the most obvious explanation is likely the right one.

Occam's razor!

MC Safety

Poor Xavier Woods. You're dead and buried when they saddle you with a dancing gimmick.

Ask Fandango, Tensai, Brodus Clay, R-Truth, Disco Inferno, Too Cool, Layla, Summer Rae, and Rakishi how well dancing gimmicks are received.

I would accept as the only exception: Ernest "The Cat" Miller.

Fox318

Poor Xavier Woods. You're dead and buried when they saddle you with a dancing gimmick.

Ask Fandango, Tensai, Brodus Clay, R-Truth, Disco Inferno, Too Cool, Layla, Summer Rae, and Rakishi how well dancing gimmicks are received.

That nj crowd liked fandango

And too cool and rikishi had good runs.

To be honest this probably saved his career, atleast short term. The guy has been the drizzling shits in the WWE since coming to the main roster.

MG310

Has Xavier ever not danced? He's pretty much always been James Brown-ish, even with the Apollo Creed Rocky IV look in TNA.

Cagey

Banned
Xavier Woods in that promo wasn't performing a dancing gimmick, he was given a goofball preacher gimmick. Given he seems like a goof naturally, same with Big E, this would probably work better.

This Rock episode of Monday Night Wars is the best example of WWE today making all of the mistakes it made in the past yet. You watch the first 15 minutes and reconcile this WWE-approved narration with Jonathan Felix Anthony "John Sina" Cena and your brain says fuck nah we can't make sense of this and walks out the door.

Top Bottom