• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
HEY BRONSON:

These burgers are amazing.

how-to-eat-a-super-burger-in-1-second_159.gif

somedevil

Some NXT Spoilers:

Kevin Steen has been filming vignettes at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week to build to his debut on NXT as Kevin Owens.
Steen is currently scheduled to make his NXT TV debut at the December 11th NXT Takeover special or the NXT TV tapings the next night.

Makes sense. Start the fantasy booking on how he should debut.

Ithil

They can never enjoy wrestling. They're stuck in a loop. If it's shit they get to write a ton of bullshit about it and people read it. If it's good they struggle to write their crap. I miss our GAF Meltzer Alvarez though

Oh so you preferred Big Show's appearance. Gotcha.
Both of them generally praise NXT regular, as far as WWE goes, nad of course Meltzer loves NJPW. RAW generally has been rubbish for months now, the best WWE stuff is in other shows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ending of Raw makes me want to cheer Seth and Boo prick Orton who can't accept losing and attacks innocent Joey Mercury.

Marvel

could never
Yay-hoo's

What?

Thought it was pronounced Yar-hoo, FUCK this Raw is particularly painful this week. I tap out at nikki/Klepto

Sephzilla

As someone who never watched WCW, I'm tempted to watch the nitro eps on the network. I'm a bit terrified however.

I'd say start with a few 95 Raws just to get a feel for that, and then start Nitro so you can compare the WWF product then to how WCW was when it started. Early 96 is a bit of a drag though until Hall and Nash show up.

Laserfrog

I think wrestling is pretty great. Here's some reasons why it's great:

1. It means the people doing the wrestling get out of the house and get some exercise.
  2. Opponents first vocally spar against each other, much like a poetry slam.
  3. When opponents do eventually tussle they are sweaty, which shows up on television very well. Much like the illuminated puck in hockey or the orange football in a football match.
  4. Viewers with natural aggressive tendencies are less likely to be violent as wrestling will quell their violent thirst.

strobogo

Banned
As someone who never watched WCW, I'm tempted to watch the nitro eps on the network. I'm a bit terrified however.

The first 15 months of Nitro is prime stuff. There are some down periods, but don't let my 1999-2001 stuff cloud your judgement. 1995-1996 is SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable than the other years I've done.

Of what? Awesomeness?

Why? Nitro is a very fun show.

I'd say start with a few 95 Raws just to get a feel for that, and then start Nitro so you can compare the WWF product then to how WCW was when it started. Early 96 is a bit of a drag though until Hall and Nash show up.

The first 15 months of Nitro is prime stuff. There are some down periods, but don't let my 1999-2001 stuff cloud your judgement. 1995-1996 is SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable than the other years I've done.

Well, I guess I'm marathoning nitro

Zombine

Banned
Well, there's supposed to be a cage match tonight; although I'm not 100% sure who it is. Main event is Ambrose/Bray Wyatt. You guys want me to spoiler tag the results?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Hall and Goldberg have to have the most perfect wrestler builds in the history of wrestling. It's pretty incredible mix of being huge and jacked without looking like some bodybuilder who can't do shit.

Marvel

could never
Think I said it before but damn do I love skinny wcdubya NWO Hogan build wise. Perfect look for me, gear included.

strobogo

Banned
The worst parts of 1996 Nitro are the first 2 months where the Hogan vs DoD/Horsemen stuff is at its height and most ridiculous, and then a dead period in late summer/early fall where most of the best mid card guys were doing stuff with NJPW.

Hasney

Mercury and Noble are goddamn SAINTS and people want to cheer that bastard Orton? This is worse than when he forced himself on Steph.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mercury and Noble are goddamn SAINTS and people want to cheer that bastard Orton? This is worse than when he forced himself on Steph.

These same people also booed WCW, loudly, in 2014. Unless that was piped in on Hulu Plus.

Regardless, this crowd was horrible.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some of these people in the F1 thread Hasney. I can't, I just can't. Wrestling marks can be dumb, but these damn F1 marks are something else. Fuck.

Top Bottom